Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,242,090 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by FincAg
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McCarthy is tough to make funny. No doubt Gordo can explore spaces better than Jub but McCarthy is less entertaining than Fake Garrett.

Garrett at least had some funny things to work with. Other than McCarthy's barn he's a big bag of nothing personality wise.

Jub did just fine with Fake Wade. Fake Jerry and Fake Wade were some of the best interactions.
Nagler
AG
They need to turn Fake McCarthy into a caricature.

Needs to be dumb or offensive. Something off the wall. Otherwise he's just regular McCarthy and that's not very funny.
Goldie Wilson
Nagler said:

They need to turn Fake McCarthy into a caricature.

Needs to be dumb or offensive. Something off the wall. Otherwise he's just regular McCarthy and that's not very funny.
You don't think the current Fake McCarthy (or any of the fake guests) is a caricature?
Spaceship
AG
Jeff99 said:

On a different note, fake Greg Olsen is becoming one of my favorite 8:40 bits.

Me too. It's genius Gordo. Nobody else hears Greg Olsen and thinks "gently scolding kindergarten teacher".
double aught
AG
I've never thought much at all about Greg Olsen's broadcasting. But I want to watch one of his games now due to Gordo.
FTAco07
AG
Got a good chuckle out of Corby completely and arrogantly dismissing the notion that the Baylor/TCU game nickname of The Holy War has anything to do with both schools having religious affiliations.
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL. I only heard a few minutes while running an errand where he said the tu loss to Kansas last year really wasn't that bad because Kansas' performance this year. Nevermind the whole 1-10 record in all of their other games in 2021 (a 3 point win over S. Dakota)
Jeff99
Looked up the "Third Leg Greg" reference and it makes the bit even funnier.
J.P. 03
AG
November 22nd Gordo is my favorite Gordo
ftworthag02
AG
I would love to go on a LHO tour w/ Gordo
Ervin Burrell
AG
J.P. 03 said:

November 22nd Gordo is my favorite Gordo
His knowledge of that day is pretty incredible - if you're into his JFK talk just search JFK on the Unticket and there's like an hour's worth of him talking about this day back in 2019 and the amount of addresses and names and obscure details he's able to recall on a whim is unreal.
J.P. 03
AG
I would absolutely go on a guided tour with Gordo. With the 60th anniversary coming up next year, think this is something they could pull off? Would instantly be my favorite "major station announcement."
Stive
AG
J.P. 03 said:

I would absolutely go on a guided tour with Gordo. With the 60th anniversary coming up next year, think this is something they could pull off? Would instantly be my favorite "major station announcement."
They should auction off seats on a tour bus with Gordon as the guide. Proceeds could go to the charity of their choice as long as it's not lumped in with JubJam announcements and sound bites.
bthotugigem05
AG
They could do Danny song singalongs between stops
J.P. 03
AG
How are we feeling about White Elephant Day?

DannyDuberstein
AG
3-7 great. Everything else meh.
MW03
AG
Jake, Junior, and Sean can have a fight to the death to see who's the most sanctimonious
Goldie Wilson
Somehow meh across the board
double aught
AG
No way you can meh 3-7, Mr Mayor.
powerbelly
AG
Bad radio plus gordo is the easy winner
tk for tu juan
Probably can skip the morning, George and Corby are usually good together, 3-7 is a great combo
dave94
AG
Besides Jake, the morning show is awful. Davey, Craig and Sea Bass? Nope.

Midday will be boring.

Afternoon drive will be gold!
Buford Tannen
AG
100% Team BaD Radio + Gordon
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Stive said:

J.P. 03 said:

They should auction off seats on a tour bus with Gordon as the guide. Proceeds could go to the charity of their choice as long as it's not lumped in with JubJam announcements and sound bites.

jwag
AG
Big pass with old bits like e-brake. Freak me.
FincAg
AG
I have seen a Ragonk in the wild! You might have to zoom in but that ******* blueberry has a Ragonk license plate.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Taking a photo while driving on 75 in the rain for the ticket thread on texags.

Major proppers, sir.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Listened to IJB this morning while running some errands.. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that Jake had to be told by his dad not to make bonfire jokes at their family thanksgiving the year it happened.

I love IJB and Jake, but man his obsession with all things Aggie is weird and dorky.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Listened to IJB this morning while running some errands.. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that Jake had to be told by his dad not to make bonfire jokes at their family thanksgiving the year it happened.

I love IJB and Jake, but man his obsession with all things Aggie is weird and dorky.

Yeah that was weird. But it was good to see TC still in his prime form getting deathly sick and coughing all over the ****ing place.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Yeah that was weird. But it was good to see TC still in his prime form getting deathly sick and coughing all over the ****ing place.

I'm probably in the minority here because I love TC and think he's great on IJB and most of his other podcast ventures… but that sirois moment where he yelled at TC for coughing on air was hilarious.

Can't find a link to that, but this Ticker was pretty damn funny as well.

https://www.theunticket.com/e-brake-2-13-15/
powerbelly
AG
I like tc but the dude is chronically ill. Probably due to **** diet and no exercise
walton91
Jub preview of college football Tuesday
'03ag
Yeah. Dude wasn't the playcaller at Memphis ... but totally would've turned this thing around
Legal Custodian
AG
Balis to the Downbeat official
Mozart Paintings
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Balis to the Downbeat official
Good lord - Danny and Rhyner together again?

No thank you
First Page Last Page
Page 442 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.