Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,243,630 Views | 19965 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by VP at Pierce and Pierce
InternetFan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried the Freak on iHeart app

-first thing I heard is Sirois says they have a list and Rhyner immediately does the standard Chris Arnold impression

-Rhyner sounds bored and tired and old

-Sirois interacts with Old Man Rhyner just like he interacted with Old Man Norm

-less Julie

-**** Corby...I'll listen to this over the hardline

-having said that I'll now switch to ticket app and rewind to switzer interview
FTAco07
AG
That wasn't Julie
Chewy
AG
This is why Gordo is my leader:

TresPuertas
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

I find it funny people are complaining about political correctness as I listen to Dan minimize the pain/physical toll of childbirth, and then dump on the women's empowerment movement in a span of about five minutes.

And then Jake says "sup ho" to his super pregnant wife as they call her on air.

All super woke/progressive stuff, right?

To echo Bob Loblaws post above, confirmation bias is a real thing and people will hear what they want to hear and ignore/disregard everything else that doesn't fit their worldview.
The complaints have absolutely ZERO, and I mean NOTHING to do with Political Correctness. You've completely misread this whole thing. Political Incorrectness is why were all here. The station absolutely SHINED in these un-PC moments. Corby and Gordo on the wireless at the Super Bowl were perfect, and you won't find a person who listens to the station, casually or otherwise, who were offended by this.

This has to do with pure vitriol being spit to one side of the aisle and to the listeners. And dont' kid yourself, it was only to one side. Why would I listen to someone who openly hates me?

Sports is the escape from reality and the problems that exist in reality. Thats why people are so sick of politics getting into sport. The hosts knew this but couldn't help themselves and management didn't do anything to stop them.

I stopped listening about 4 years ago after being an absolutely HARDCORE P1 for all my life. I just showed up here to this thread to see what the opinion is of the Freak and how it was being discussed here.

Go back and read TV Casualty's first 4 paragraphs of his post on the previous page. He states it well and gives a good idea as to why the juggernaut of the Ticket can find themselves a little hot around the collar. If the Freak can follow a neutral formula and stick to what made the Ticket great in the beginning (see: neutrality), then this could be interesting.

DannyDuberstein
AG
The station has actually never been more politically correct
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Muse in the news did a nice little run on Hunter Biden, his potential arrest, crack, hookers, and hooking up with his brother's widow.

So when are we going to complain about them making fun of this? Or do we only complain when it goes one way?

It was a funny segment.
TresPuertas
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Muse in the news did a nice little run on Hunter Biden, his potential arrest, crack, hookers, and hooking up with his brother's widow.

So when are we going to complain about them making fun of this? Or do we only complain when it goes one way?

It was a funny segment.
Again, its not about the political actors. Don't care that they bagged on Trump, Bush, or Biden.... although they shouldn't because nobody wants to listen to politics.

It has EVERYTHING to do witih insulting the listeners. This all started with Corby and Danny redneck voice talking about Josh Hamilton fans.... then that evolved into Texans.... and naturally, into Conservative listeners.... The in came loudmouthed Jake, and then Bob twitter. And then people who didn't want to wear masks and get shots.... This is a blind spot I think a bunch of you can't see. YOU DON'T GO AFTER YOUR LISTENERS.

I guarantee if they started leaning in hard into Shylough who owns a locally sourced wind chime shop in Oak Cliff, or Kristy, the mother of 3 in East Dallas with a "We BelieveBlack Lives Matter...." sign next to her Beto signs, or God forbid, Donovan's buddies at the Barbershop, this would be different.

But when is the last time they did that?
Bones08
AG
Ummmm so my feeling is…Yu Darvish was ready to go…wherever…anybody told him
Hincemm
AG
other teams?
GarlandAg2012
AG
The Dodgers were NOT on his no trade list
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
dave94
AG
Am I wrong, guys?
Stive
AG
I missed Grant the Raccoon yesterday but thought that was pretty funny on the 6:40 run this morning.

I have favorite 8:40's but definitely in my top 5 is anytime Gordo goes into his generic, raspy, animal voice mode. The world is always against them, you know they're going to kick George in the nuts a few times, and they're probably going to be involved with some criminal aspect.
double aught
AG
I also enjoy when those characters throw in a non sequitur question about politics or a local team.
mavsfan4ever
AG
One thing that would immediately help every show would be if they stopped playing so much damn audio from the announcers from games. It's not funny, it's not original, and most of the time the announcers aren't even doing anything ridiculous. They are talking for 4 hours straight, so of course they are going to say something wrong or kinda dumb each game. But unless it's very funny or absolutely ridiculous, I don't need multiple segments playing audio from a game I likely watched anyways. And they do it so often now that their "gotcha" moments where they are making fun of the announcers aren't really even "gotcha" moments.

I think the Hang Zone (which is my favorite show) is the biggest perpetrator of this. It seems like they do a segment on each Romo game, each Troy game, 1 college game (Mark Jones), and sometimes even do the Manning Cast, etc. It's an immediate punch out any time they tease that audio is next, which is like 1-2 times per day lately. Maybe make it a weekly segment where you take the truly funny pieces of audio and put them all into one segment, instead of stretching it out into 4-5+ segments per week.

The other shows all do it as well, just not as much as the Hang Zone. So if you listen to multiple shows, then it really gets to be ocverkill

I would blame it on being lazy and just easily trying to fill segments. But I think it's probably alot of work to watch the games and get that audio. So they are probably doing extra work for segments that I don't think anyone really enjoys that much.
'03ag
So you're saying you don't want audio?
Albatross Necklace
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

It was a funny segment.
Has anyone complained about The Great Gordo?

Most complaints have been focused on Corby and Jake being hacks.

Yesterday, HZ was interviewing the guy who caught Aaron Judge's 62nd homerun and Jake starts talking about January 6th.

WTF?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Zactly
GarlandAg2012
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/theticket/comments/xy2wwd/todays_richie_whitt_rumor/?ref=share&ref_source=link
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theticket/comments/xy2wwd/todays_richie_whitt_rumor/?ref=share&ref_source=link
Soooo Hangzone will use the Freak as leverage to get a raise from Cumulus.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Competition is good for the listener.
powerbelly
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

I will believe it when I see it. Jake just renegotiated his deal.

I don't see the guys who have a secure hosting job jumping for a lateral gig at what is essentially a start-up.
GarlandAg2012
AG
If what the Freaks have been saying about way fewer directives from management, I could see that appealing to Dan and Jake. There are times they seem like they are only about certain sports topics because they have to.

Also, the nice thing about it being something out in 2023 would be they might have a better idea if the Freak is actually going to succeed.
powerbelly
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

If what the Freaks have been saying about way fewer directives from management, I could see that appealing to Dan and Jake. There are times they seem like they are only about certain sports topics because they have to.

Also, the nice thing about it being something out in 2023 would be they might have a better idea if the Freak is actually going to succeed.
Early 2023 is one quarter away. Way too early to know anything. If they really believe they will have the freedom to do what they want I think that is pretty naive.

The only way it would make sense for Jake and Dan is if it was one of the drive time spots and a big raise IMO.
Legal Custodian
AG
Not to mention they're the flagship station of the Mavs and you gotta think Jake would love to have the access.
Hincemm
AG
imo, donnie's another wildcard....sirois' bff.
Hincemm
AG
Hincemm said:

imo, donnie's another wildcard....sirois' bff.
and not because he's black.

whoa /dickvandyke
Danny Vermin
I saw on a Facebook page that some woman at the remote said she had been listening well before they went " woke" and then they cut the interview as fast as possible during one of Gordon's segments. Anyone hear that?
The Pilot
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I saw on a Facebook page that some woman at the remote said she had been listening well before they went " woke" and then they cut the interview as fast as possible during one of Gordon's segments. Anyone hear that?
Yep, I immediately thought, that must be Danny's wife from TexAgs.

I didn't think they did anything to speed up the interview though. If I recall correctly, Gordo asked her something about her kid after.
Chewy
AG
She claimed she started listening because of Gay/Not Gay. My take was the implication she thought they went woke because they took it away.

I don't feel like they cut away from the woke discussion that much. She explained what she meant and they moved on. Gordo is pretty good about rolling with stuff like that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So if Justin takes that emailer's advice, do the skateboards at the skateboard store try to hide behind each other when Justin comes down the aisle?
tk for tu juan
Another Aggie yell practice segment, this time by the guy that struggle breathes into the microphone.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That email is such a nutbar waste of time and just helped add another Aggie hate segment. But it did hit the mark as Justin keeps talking and tweeting about it. So as dumb as it was, I kind of have to give a slow clap for whoever sent it.
tk for tu juan
Playing Frankie the weather guy back to back with the Yell Leader joke cadence got some chuckle
AgGrad99
AG
Some of our fans are so thin-skinned.

Cannot believe someone took the time to write that email, just because they chuckled at the Yell Practice video.
The Pilot
AG
Sometimes I wonder if it's really our fans writing emails or rivals fans trying to pose as our fans.
First Page Last Page
Page 434 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.