Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,052 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by double aught
Nagler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JAG03 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Jake is a dbag

He is the most worthless and talentless mf'er at the ticket. Tc and norm have a bigger bag than he has!

dave94
AG
That's just crazy talk.
bthotugigem05
AG
I wanted to hate Jake but he and Dan have been fantastic.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
bpaggie01 said:

The Freak is killing it.
That's a bold claim for day 3. I've only caught about half of Mike and Mike, but the bits I've heard it's been way closer to spare than "killing it".
Mozart Paintings
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

bpaggie01 said:

The Freak is killing it.
That's a bold claim for day 3. I've only caught about half of Mike and Mike, but the bits I've heard it's been way closer to spare than "killing it".

Is Julie Dobbs really going to be on twice a day? She seems like an incredibly nice person but that is way too much Julie. She had some game this morning called punt or hug?! I was confused as hell and spared to death.

Also, while I'm sure he will settle in, Grubes is currently trying too hard.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
That might be a testament to how great Dan is. He and Julie were great together, but it's been a rough start on the Freak for her.
bpaggie01
AG
Touche. The parts I've listened to have been more Ticket than The Ticket itself these days.
Mville Ag
AG
I like Jake, HZ P1 here. But the obsessive hatred for other political views and college "tribes" is not a winning formula for maintaining an audience, especially with a new motivated competitor with deep pockets.

And F Corby
ftworthag02
AG
Would love to know all the trouble Jake has gotten into over the years. I know he's been arrested a couple times. He mentioned that he and his buddies were going to break into their high school and do something but don't think they went through with it.
AgLaw
AG
they had metal bats said:

Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

bpaggie01 said:

The Freak is killing it.

Is Julie Dobbs really going to be on twice a day? She seems like an incredibly nice person but that is way too much Julie. She had some game this morning called punt or hug?! I was confused as hell and spared to death.

Also, while I'm sure he will settle in, Grubes is currently trying too hard.

Her chemistry with the Mikes is significantly better than with the morning team. She and Sirois are a good mix.
TV Casualty
AG
Always liked Julie on the ticket. She seems to be trying too hard on the Freak right now. Plus her voice just sounds different on that station. It's more shrill and grating when it wasn't that way on the ticket.

Listened to the morning show on the Freak when the Musers had Cowlishaw on. That show needs some time to gel. They talk over each other constantly and it just seems like everyone is being a bit over the top.
Legal Custodian
AG
I've been impressed with the Downbeat. It's nice to hear Rhyner's voice on the radio.

Haven't given the other shows a shot yet, will take a lot for me to leave the Musers in the morning.
AggieMPH2005
I listened during every Junior segment today and yesterday.I normally switch over to the kick around podcast during those segments so I will keep giving them a chance for the time being. I will just listen to the kick around during e news and whatever Corby led segment in the afternoon.
BoomGoesThe
100% agree.
AgGrad99
AG
"OK, here is the argument for music being important to dogs" - Gordo
Demasiado
AG
I cant believe no one brought up the Barney on fentanyl play george and gordo put on. Hilarious, I hope it turns into an 840 character
Hincemm
AG
so why did you stop listening to the HL....exhibit ?

ftworthag02
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bob needs a twitter governor. I just have no idea why you'd wade into stuff like this when you have a non-political show. It can only cost you listeners and for what?
Rudyjax
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Bob needs a twitter governor. I just have no idea why you'd wade into stuff like this when you have a non-political show. It can only cost you listeners and for what?
If we can't laugh at idiots, who can we laugh at?

And there are idiots on both sides.

Bones08
AG
Bob's just way too deep into Twitter. Being way too deep into Twitter is dumb.

I still like on-air Bob.
MavsAg
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed. I think the problem most people have is that they rarely laugh at both sides. The left has a million things to laugh at, as does the right. We just only see it from them when it's mocking the right.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe he will mock the DEA with his next tweet

https://www.dea.gov/press-releases/2022/08/30/dea-warns-brightly-colored-fentanyl-used-target-young-americans
Hincemm
AG
Bones08 said:

Bob's just way too deep into Twitter. Being way too deep into Twitter is dumb.

I still like on-air Bob.
i agree with that mostly. though on-air bob has brought twitter bob onto the show, albeit occasionally.

if you wade into these waters, then you have to be fair and balanced (see what i did there).

and believe it or not, i do agree with his stance on vilification of minorities (esp in the border situation) and standing up for those who can't stand up for themselves...that's not the point of that video (or the reason it was posted on his twitter), though.
MaroonDontRun
AG
MavsAg said:

Ken Scarborough said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed. I think the problem most people have is that they rarely laugh at both sides. The left has a million things to laugh at, as does the right. We just only see it from them when it's mocking the right.
1000%
powerbelly
AG
There is a difference between the DEA warning about dealers selling drugs to kids vs fox news warning that illegals are giving away drugs to kids for free.

AgGrad99
AG
Thing is, that lady's an idiot. Her confused message was so idiotic, the clip makes it seem like those are not legitimate issues...and that anyone who thinks they are, is dumb like her. And make no mistake, her position was not very well thought out

But that's not to say fentanyl and illegal immigration through our open borders aren't also a ginormous and very real problem.

The interviewer repeats an oft-stated misperception of the problem. It's not that dealers are handing out 'skittle fentanyl' (as Gordon called it) to kill their customers. That's silly. The biggest problem is that they'e lacing it into other drugs/substances (even weed), because it's potent, addictive and cheap as dirt. The Problem is that they dont exactly have Walter White figuring out the proper dosage, which is why you're seeing overdoses occurring at an alarming rate. And the flood of people at the border is compounding the issue, as it far exceeds our resources. scary numbers

So I hate clips like that, and people making snarky comments about them. It does absolutely nothing but minimize the actual issue.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Exactly, the lady is an idiot but the snark and dismissiveness is just as idiotic in my book
Hincemm
AG
the barney/muffin conversations this morning have been awesome, though

great morning show sans junes
AgGrad99
AG
Hincemm said:

I've really enjoyed the show this morning.
Hincemm
AG
need more of this bob...edit he retweeted it.

Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
If we find these "free drug" houses on Halloween, be sure to let the rest of us know.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Hincemm said:

George's Muffin voice is spot on. Always makes me chuckle.
AgGrad99
AG

I love it when Gordo pushes Jub to the limit and Jub snaps.
MW03
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Maybe he will mock the DEA with his next tweet

https://www.dea.gov/press-releases/2022/08/30/dea-warns-brightly-colored-fentanyl-used-target-young-americans

Or the looneys at CBS for quoting known conspiracy theorists like US Attorney General Merrick Garland and DEA Administrator Anne Milligan.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fake-pills-fentanyl-overdose-deaths-some-look-like-candy-dea/

Quote:

"Those cartels are acting with calculated, deliberate treachery to get fentanyl to the United States and to get people to buy it through fake pills, by hiding it in other drugs, any means that they can take in order to drive addiction and to make money," Milgram told "CBS Mornings" this month.
First Page Last Page
Page 432 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.