Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,041 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by double aught
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
East Dallas Ag said:

If you thought it was bad then...

IT'S MA'AM!
Law Hall 69-72
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

walton91 said:

"Some friends" goes both ways. Whatever the status of their relationship, I thinks the blame here is probably 50/50. Plenty of Ticket guys have left for competing stations over the years that they have remained friends with.

Who are these "plenty" of Ticket guys you speak of?
I think they are still friends with some of the guys from the early days like Chuck Cooperstein, Mark Followill and Rich Phillips. But definitely not Rocco or Skip SAYless.
ftworthag02
AG
No Joel klatt today?
Legal Custodian
AG
Rhyner is about to address Corby's comments on 97.1. Right now if you are curious
Legal Custodian
AG
Well that was a big bag of nothing. He pretty much said "well too bad, I can do what I want."
Rudyjax
AG
Heard Rhyber talking about some old firm Yankee. Today. I immediately switched it off. Lol.

And if they were smart, they would be live when the ticket is in commercial.
bthotugigem05
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Heard Rhyber talking about some old firm Yankee. Today. I immediately switched it off. Lol.

And if they were smart, they would be live when the ticket is in commercial.

I think the commercial break aspect of it is funny. Not only are they splitting the advertising spend for that demographic, if they don't time it right they're basically assuring that neither station's ads will be heard.
BoomGoesThe
I think Coop was fired, so I wouldn't consider that leaving for the competition. Mark and Rich didn't leave to go work for a competing station either, which is what was stated. The only one I can think of is maybe Chris Arnold (I don't know what happened or where he went immediately after)? Kevin Scott worked at another station, but he went to Austin for a few years in between. Did Ben & Skin get fired, or directly leave their weekend show for a full time gig?
hoosier-daddy
True story. So in about 2002 I had a internship at the same place my older brother worked full time. We commuted together. I was into Blink 182, 3rd Strike, Taking Back Sunday, etc. He was P1 and I couldn't comprehend why anyone listened to talk radio. I thought Corby was a woman for weeks until my brother informed me that it was indeed a male voice. Not relevant but the 97.1 thing brought back member berries.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

I thought Corby was a woman for weeks until my brother informed me that it was indeed a male voice. Not relevant but the 97.1 thing brought back member berries.

You were partially correct as he's now evolved into an old woke lesbian.
bert harbinson
AG
Gordo, with the out of place use of 'unconscionable' this morning, followed by pterodactyl laugh drop.
bthotugigem05
AG
bert harbinson said:

Gordo, with the out of place use of 'unconscionable' this morning, followed by pterodactyl laugh drop.
That was fantastic, and I think that was a live pterodactyl laugh.
bert harbinson
AG
Maybe so, that's even better.
AgLaw
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

Did Ben & Skin get fired, or directly leave their weekend show for a full time gig?

Im pretty sure they left directly for a slot on ESPN radio when it started.
bthotugigem05
AG
bert harbinson said:

Maybe so, that's even better.
As soon as Corby's "unconscionable" quote came out about Rhyner, he had to know Gordo would grill him for it.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

bert harbinson said:

That was fantastic, and I think that was a live pterodactyl laugh.
Genius line by Gordo and definitely a live Corby laugh.
bert harbinson
AG
My bad, just listened again, definitely live.
Goldie Wilson
Norm & D and Musers agreeing that long time character actors in iconic roles should have the freedom to pursue other roles without a hint of irony
Rudyjax
AG
who sounds just like Corby?

jtmoney03
AG
double aught said:

East Dallas Ag said:

Looks like Ellen Page in Juno

I've alerted Elliott that you have used his dead name. Prepare to be cancelled.
Demasiado
AG
I heard that live but since neither Mike brought it up (they have $100 bet on who would identify the station as the ticket first), I thought I was just tripping
ftworthag02
AG
Can we be done w/ dancing w/ the stars minute?!
The Shank Ag
Ken Scarborough said:

who sounds just like Corby?

Sirois def did there
double aught
AG
jtmoney03 said:

double aught said:

East Dallas Ag said:

Looks like Ellen Page in Juno

I've alerted Elliott that you have used his dead name. Prepare to be cancelled.
Wasn't sure of the protocol when referring to the past. I deserve any reckoning that comes my way.
J.P. 03
AG
I stand with those who stand against you.
dave94
AG
Bob had a really good call-in segment regarding the perception of Aggies and Aggie football.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jake is a dbag
beagle2009
AG
Just went back and listened, and agreed Bob did a great job of objectively conveying why he thinks "everyone hates the Aggies".

For context, this was in reference to the following twitter exchange that Bob was a part of over the weekend:

Jake essentially interpreted Bob's reply as "people dislike Aggies because they are not a part of Texas A&M"… like how does he come to THAT conclusion?

It's obvious that Jake will spin any argument around to maintain his anti-Aggie stance. Which, honestly doesn't bother me much at all (especially compared to many others on this thread), but it is pathetic how he lets his bias constantly stand in the way of any logical conversation about the Aggies.
AgGrad99
AG
during Picks with Friends, Jake make a snarky reference to that last week. Bob was confused, as was most people.

Im surprised his interpreted that tweet so poorly...but was glad Bob was able to articulately explain what most fans are thinking.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And Bob was big enough to apologize for not being more clear when I was like "Dude, everyone knows what you mean. Jake should apologize for being a dumbass"
double aught
AG
Dan and Jake with two quality segments breaking down Mark Jones and RG3 from the tcu-ou game.
dave94
AG
Jake on WTDS:

"I think they actually commission more stand-up comics than anybody but West Point"
double aught
AG
That was great. (In reference to Corby asking if yell leaders become standup comics)
bpaggie01
AG
The Freak is killing it. It's now The Musers and then over to TF for the rest of the day for me. Donovan is great but I can't listen to Norm. Dan is okay and I like Bob but the rest of the hosts can go f themselves, especially Jake and Corby.
JAG03
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Jake is a dbag

He is the most worthless and talentless mf'er at the ticket. Tc and norm have a bigger bag than he has!
First Page Last Page
Page 431 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.