Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,883 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by double aught
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double aught said:

How many chances do Ben & Skin get?

Again, biased, but they've made a pretty damn good name for themselves and have moved up everywhere they went. Their lead in to Galloway started to be better rated than Galloway when they got recruited to the fan. Then they were the face of The Fan and took it from floundering deep 3rd place to a loyal following and on the tickets tail before the format change. Then they get recruited by the Eagle to do a mainly non sports show and soon became the leader there despite the Russ Martin show dominating those airwaves for years. Since the move they've been in increasing contact with Rhyner (starting during their non-compete when he spent 2 hours on their "non-compete podcast"). That contact turned into an idea during covid, and now that idea is being put into motion.

When I have the radio on, it's the ticket unless it's between 2-5. But between Norm, Corby, Jake, and the exit of Rhyner and Sirois, it's become a joke outside of the Musers, Dan, and Bob.
MW03
AG
I like Ben and Skin, but none of this really moved the needle. I liked Julie much more than Sirois, for the record.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
The Shank Ag said:

powerbelly said:

The only thing worth tuning in for is Sirous during Norm's show IMO. They've been working for a year and this is the best they could assemble?

I mean B&S have been killing it in the ratings from 2-5, but since it isn't considered sports talk being on The Eagle, it's not ranked against hangzone/hardline. But I'm fairly certain their numbers are higher.

I don't know anybody who listens to Ben and Skin, so I'm curious if this is actually true. If so, this thing might have a legit chance of working. Would changing to "sports talk" hurt those ratings? I still don't think Rhyner will contribute much, and even less if it's not "sports talk".
mavsfan4ever
AG
I don't know anyone who currently listens to Ben and skin either. I honestly didn't even know they currently had a show. I know many who have listened to them in the past and thought they were a big bag of nothing.

The musers have grown very stale on me. I haven't listened to them in forever. So I'll definitely check out Sirois in the morning if I ever listen live. But those midday and afternoon lineups sound awful.

I don't listen live so the times of the shows don't matter to me. But if there is no website like the usaveit website where I can listen to old shows at any time, then That's another deterrence to the eagle.

I think people are severely overestimating the listeners who rhyner might bring in. I'm 36 and don't know anyone who likes him, let alone anyone who may follow him to a new station and quit listening to the ticket. Like others have said, if he was that popular he could have done something in the podcast world. He had a great idea and everyone owes him for getting the ticket started. But he's not entertaining and don't think he has a big following, at least not anymore (as his podcast showed).

Ann's the fact that rhyner thinks anyone wants to listen to Danny (and that he thinks it's a good idea to pay Danny more than what he was making at the ticket) shows how out of touch with listeners rhyner is.
double aught
AG
It's too bad the Musers have gotten stale for you. They have had some great moments recently and are on a good role. Just this morning, Gordo got Jub worked up into a rant about how people need to stop treating their dogs like children. Pretty comical.
DannyDuberstein
AG
As far as the Musers go, I'm in at 7:20, 8:40, 9:20. The rest I can mostly take or leave, and leave has been more often lately
mavsfan4ever
AG
Lol yea I'm sure I've missed some good stuff here and there. Their sports talk has always been bad. And then i realized that all of their stuff just seemed like it was recycled over and over. Even gordo, who I know most love, got very old to me. His constant attempts to make George uneasy, etc, etc.

I know I'm in the minority because I know most love the musers. But after I quit listening, I've had no thoughts about starting to listen to them again. But I still listen to the hang zone and the hardline on the website and just skip segments I'm not interested in (didn't listen to the hardline at all until Bob moved to that slot).
MW03
AG
I can see Danny and Rhyner being good fits if they want to talk music more. Basically build a "rock talk" station instead of a "sports talk" station, but using the same kind of format. A version of news, some light sports, but more music/entertainment focused compared to sports for the 97.1 fan.

Not a horrible idea all things considered. I think theyd be foolish to try and start Ticket 2.0. The listeners are too tribal and loyal to switch.
MW03
AG
Hell, Ben and Skin used to have a rap outfit called The Coffee Nods that wasn't half bad. They produced a lot of music for the ticket in the early days.

The Hardline
Newy Scrugs is not doing well
The Hardline
Ratings look ugly like Sam Casell
hoosier-daddy
Corby with the drunk callers on the cowboys post game show is hilarious.

/rare corby compliment

and Computer is back
hoosier-daddy
And blind Kelly. Turning into the campound.
Hincemm
AG
The Shank Ag said:

7-11: Mike Sirois and Jeff Cavanaugh - In (outside of OMG)
11-3: Julie Dobbs, Kevin Turner, Danny Balis Eh...may give this a shot. Don't get Danny, but whatever
3-7: Ben, Skin, and Rhyner Not my bag. 3-7 remains podcast time

AgBQ-00
AG
When is this supposed to go down?
dave94
AG
Rumor is Friday would be the first day of the Freak.

What a terrible name.
Chewy
AG
Sounds like a big bag of nothing and a potential missed opportunity. The Ticket will continue marching on with no real competition.
Hincemm
AG
dave94 said:

Freak
one name? who are you....seal?
Nagler
AG
So it's a station full of Ticket rejects?

MavsAg
AG
I'm glad they are doing this. Not sure how good it will be, but why on earth would you start a new sports talk radio station in 2022? Why not just do it in podcast form?
ftworthag02
AG
listening to all of these political commercials reminds me

https://www.theunticket.com/musers-political-ad-10-18-18/
Hincemm
AG
Nagler said:

5/8 left on their own terms...but you're close
Nagler
AG
Hincemm said:

Nagler said:

5/8 left on their own terms...but you're close

Hincemm
AG
MavsAg said:

I'm glad they are doing this. Not sure how good it will be, but why on earth would you start a new sports talk radio station in 2022? Why not just do it in podcast form?
my general opinion on this is two-fold.

a) many still like their sports and sports-talk 'live.' it allows for more instantaneous reaction to something someone says (i.e., texting a buddy, posting on twitter, etc). you don't get this with podcasts as much.
b) i'm in a fairly blue collar industry where people still have radios (or streaming) for background noise.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe LIV/Freak will find itself smart enough to keep their A teams in place in the holidays when the Ticket goes to extended dry dock. They'll get people flipping over and just might keep a chunk of them.
WC87
AG
I thought Julie was still part time at the little ticket. Did she leave permanently recently? I know she left originally to spend time with her family but was that a smokescreen for not enough money?
Ervin Burrell
AG
No mention of Aggie Donovan Wilson winning the coveted Hot Fry Georgie POTG?
Hincemm
AG
WC87 said:

I thought Julie was still part time at the little ticket. Did she leave permanently recently? I know she left originally to spend time with her family but was that a smokescreen for not enough money?
she was probably on about 3 months ago as fill in. her twitter profile still lists her as part time there, but i think that's meaningless (since she retweeted rhyner)
dave94
AG
Hincemm said:

WC87 said:

she was probably on about 3 months ago as fill in. her twitter profile still lists her as part time there, but i think that's meaningless (since she retweeted rhyner)
She has sat in with the Hangzone and done saturday shows several times. I'm going to miss Dear Julie.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, she's been an occasional spot fill-in part time vs. routine short schedule part time.
jwag
AG
The Freak is a terrible station name but I'm all for this, especially because the Musers have become pretty unbearable outside of Gordo. The only good thing "The Hardline" has done of late is add Gen-X. Hopefully yuck monk will take golf over the show.

stew0720
AG
nm

MW03
AG
Hadn't seen this article posted:

EDIT:

Still "unconfirmed" but with the DMN running with it, I suppose it's a done deal.
C1NRB
AG
And this came down about the same time it was announced that the Pro Bowl was going away.
This is an amazing, ironic note...
Are all the P1s Jake?
AgGrad99
AG

Rhynes is starting to look like Tommy Chong.
Ervin Burrell
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Rhynes is starting to look like Tommy Chong.
LOL.
Rudyjax
AG
I don't get it. Rhynes brought a big bag of nothing the last 5 years he was on the ticket. What is he going to bring to a new station?
First Page Last Page
Page 419 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.