Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,245,016 Views | 19968 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by zag213004
zag213004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd be curious to know the ratings when Gordo is not in for the musers. Without him I think the ticket is toast
Elmo Lincoln
AG
txag2008 said:

Ha, damn! I'll try to keep staying on top of things for y'all!
bthotugigem05
AG
dave94 said:

That's a cool way to bring everything back.
Rudyjax
AG
Gordo
Bob
Dan

I could do without the rest of them.

And i pretty much do.
bthotugigem05
AG
Gordo
Dan
Bob
Donnie
Sirois
George (not entirely because of the reaction to Jer leaving a 3-inch putt short but I can't say it's not a factor)

Julie
Danny

Corby
Junior

Norm

An unopened ham sandwich
Shane singing 5 octaves on the piano

The original Carajillo
The unoriginal Carajillo
That Globe Life Ad where the lady sounded like she started a new paragraph every sentence
Bob on Twitter

Jake
thriller03
AG
Ben Rogers re-tweeted it as well...lotta smoke.

Was trying to catch any "freak" references during WTDS just now, didn't hear any best I could tell.
Hincemm
AG
bob retelling story from saturday night. good bull
Ervin Burrell
AG
Obviously it helps tremendously that we won Saturday night, but I've been pleasantly surprised that all shows today have done college football talk. Thought it was going to be nothing but Cowboys preview segments (gag).
DannyDuberstein
AG
Corby and Dave pimping for forward progress to be called on the fumble return. One guy.
Legal Custodian
AG
Gawlee, you can hear the anti-A&M bias from Davey and Corby

"There is no way A&M is scoring 21 points that game"
"The refs should have called that play dead" (when Chappel gave the ball to Demani)
"A&M got lucky"
"Arkansas fumbled that snap, the FG would have been good if they didn't do that"

Never once was any credit given to A&M by them two. It's like they'll do anything in their power to discredit an Aggie football team.
PatAg
AG
Bob, Dan, Donovan
Sirois Jake (not entirely sure these two have enough to be the main hosts of shows)

the rest
Just Tired
DannyDuberstein said:

Corby and Dave pimping for forward progress to be called on the fumble return. One guy.
i'm sure corby saw it much differently last year when caleb williams got stopped on 4th down on a similar play but much more egregious on stopped forward progress. would have cost oklahoma the game. (maybe against kansas but not sure.)

i heard them talk our game, tceh vs t.u. no mention of the ou loss or did i miss it?
PatAg
AG
Legal Custodian said:

"The refs should have called that play dead" (when Chappel gave the ball to Demani)
"A&M got lucky"
"Arkansas fumbled that snap, the FG would have been good if they didn't do that"

Never once was any credit given to A&M by them two. It's like they'll do anything in their power to discredit an Aggie football team.
People like them and jake will say they are just trolling, but they actually are incapable of talking about a&m in any other way.
Trolling is when you say something you dont believe just to get a rise out of the other person.
MW03
AG
I half expected them to blow the play dead only because they let the App State runner flip and flop for about the length of an episode of Bluey.
Rudyjax
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

As we have learned, laying on top of a guy lying on a guy for 4 seconds is not stopping forward progress.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Legal Custodian said:

"A&M got lucky"

You ever hear 10-12 year olds discuss a game when their team loses?

That's basically what you've got on that show.
C1NRB
AG
Gordon
Bob
I can't believe I'm saying this- Jake
(Hold on; I just threw up in my mouth a little.)
Sirois
Donovan
Craig
Dan
George
Norm
Corby
Gen X Davey
GarlandAg2012
AG
Have we discussed how Cray Trey made his exit from the ticket? Or at least, I'm pretty sure he's no longer employed.

I guess he cut together the hang zone weekly recap podcast, and a week or two ago his sign off with just "**** you". The next time it came out he wasn't the host and he has removed Ticket references from his Twitter. He has made a couple references to "freak" though so maybe he's going to the eagle.

dave94
GarlandAg2012
AG
Just confirmed it's edited out now

http://thehangzone.com/weekly-podcast/

The two new episodes after that have different and terrible hosts lol
The Shank Ag
From the tidbits I've been given, 4 hr shows

Pre7- National syndicated
7-11: Mike Sirois and Jeff Cavanaugh
11-3: Julie Dobbs, Kevin Turner, Danny Balis
3-7: Ben, Skin, and Rhyner
Post7- Nationally syndicated or Mavs games
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm in on that morning show. The rest, not so much.
AgGrad99
AG
Is there an app to listen?
FTAco07
AG
Don't know who Kevin Turner is, but poor Julie getting paired with big bag of nothing Danny. I'm betting lots of little kid/parenting talk and a quick punch out
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
The Shank Ag said:

From the tidbits I've been given, 4 hr shows

Pre7- National syndicated
7-11: Mike Sirois and Jeff Cavanaugh
11-3: Julie Dobbs, Kevin Turner, Danny Balis
3-7: Ben, Skin, and Rhyner
Post7- Nationally syndicated or Mavs games

That 11-3 slot has to be a joke, right? Ben, Skin, and Rhynes… no thanks. The only one with a chance of being good is going up against the Musers.

Bad decision coach.
The Shank Ag
I'm biased, but when Rhyner guest hosted with Ben while Skin was going through cancer treatment, it was a pretty damn entertaining 3 hours. Hate that Kevin Turner will no longer be with B&S, but he's deserved his own show for a while.

The dynamic between Cavanaugh and Sirois will be interesting. Think both are great, just not sure how their personalities will match up. Honestly think if they swapped Cavanaugh and KT, that would best fit the host personalities. Sirois and Turner together would be gold. Unfortunately KT has pretty serious narcolepsy and I'm guessing that has something to do with not doing mornings.
AgGrad99
AG
FTAco07 said:

Don't know who Kevin Turner is, but poor Julie getting paired with big bag of nothing Danny. I'm betting lots of little kid/parenting talk and a quick punch out

Yep.

Love Julie. Not Danny.

Sirios and Julie are great together
The Shank Ag
Kevin Turner, like almost all the entire lineup, started on the ticket. Did weekend tickers and what not. Got recruited by B&S when they left ESPN for the Fan to be producer.

B&S got frustrated with the format change at The Fan (from ticket-lite to Sports Sports Sports and forced to take calls) and left. Kevin stayed for 2 days expecting to get called up to full time host. Got passed up and followed B&S to the Eagle as a yuk monkey (which they call newsman/nudesman). They then got Sirois girlfriend to produce.

Apparently this has been in the works since late last year and was delayed with Skin's cancer diagnosis.
FTAco07
AG
I'm guessing Julie can only do mid days due to kids and Kelly's job so unless they wanted to punt on the morning show then no way to get her and Sirois together.
powerbelly
AG
The only thing worth tuning in for is Sirous during Norm's show IMO. They've been working for a year and this is the best they could assemble?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sirois' propensity to party with a 7-11 gig may be a rough combo
Just Tired
liked Julie with Dan quite a bit. with sirois would have been good. not sure about this.
double aught
AG
How many chances do Ben & Skin get?
The Shank Ag
powerbelly said:

The only thing worth tuning in for is Sirous during Norm's show IMO. They've been working for a year and this is the best they could assemble?

I mean B&S have been killing it in the ratings from 2-5, but since it isn't considered sports talk being on The Eagle, it's not ranked against hangzone/hardline. But I'm fairly certain their numbers are higher. Bringing in Rhyner will prob add even more listeners in addition to their current base from die hard Rhynes fans.

Sirois has a huge following and Cavanaugh was considered the best The Fan had when he walked away to focus on his mental health (depression took him to the hospital on a 51-50).

I feel the only punt is really on middays, but a well liked ticket personality, a well liked B&S personality, and Danny being Danny isn't the worst lineup.

Highly doubt this thing ever pulls The Ticket under unless there are more defections (Say perhaps a Bob into that midday), but it almost certainly will hurt The Fan in a bad way.
powerbelly
AG
I think you are way overrating people's interest in both Ben and Skin and Sirois.

Rhyner has so little following his podcast crashed and burned. That is really bad.
First Page Last Page
Page 418 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.