Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,245,173 Views | 19968 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by zag213004
MonkeyKnifeFighter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FincAg
AG
The Freak? What a terrible name.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I will listen to Cirque over any 4 of the current Ticket shows. Might click over for Gordo's segments, but that is honestly it out of the entire Ticket day. My time listening now is lower than it's been in 25 years, so not a big change. As far as Rhynes and Ben/Skin, I'll check it out but unlikely to be all that interested
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
stew0720 said:

As a sponsor who's considering Rhyner's endorsement, serious question: will you listen to a 3-7 Rhyner/Sirois/Dobbs show vs the Hardline?

I was a big fan of the Sirois / Julie combo on the ticket, but I can't see Rhyner contributing much of anything at this stage in his career/life.
AG
no corby? Ill listen
Hincemm
AG
stew0720 said:

As a sponsor who's considering Rhyner's endorsement, serious question: will you listen to a 3-7 Rhyner/Sirois/Dobbs show vs the Hardline?

100%. This is an easy answer for me. Good on the eagle
Rudyjax
AG
Hope Tom Gribble gets another opportunity.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Tom was great on BAD, not sure if that would translate to other hosts or not though.
Rudyjax
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Tom was great on BAD, not sure if that would translate to other hosts or not though.

He worked for years at ESPN up to then shutting down.
The Collective
AG
I hope Mike takes down Cumulus' version of the Ticket, honestly.
Hincemm
AG
Blake Jones is light years ahead of Gribble imo. More a compliment to Blake than a knock on Tom
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gribble is an odd dude personality-wise, but his rep was also of being a tireless grinder on assembling content.

Checked out his Linkedin since I wasn't sure what he's been doing since ESPN closed up. It says server at Uncle Julios since Sept 2021
Danny Vermin
He works for the country station with Hawkeye now.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
bthotugigem05
AG
An interesting move from iHeart, going after one of Cumulus's flagship properties.
Ag CPA
AG
Mike, Hammer and Danny resurrect the Hardline with a Sirois replacing Corby, I would tune in.
Stive
AG
Ag CPA said:

Mike, Hammer and Danny resurrect the Hardline with a Sirois replacing Corby, I would tune in.
I have my doubts about Mike allowing Greg back into the mix but if he did, I'd be there for a good 2-3 months to see how it shakes out. Especially with Sirois in the mix.
Trajan88
AG
Add some Rocco Pendola to the mix... "Oh yea, I hear ya!"
Coates
Ag CPA said:

Greggo is a mess, no way Mike would risk anything on that dude. And Danny has nothing, Sirois would be awesome but not sure he'd go, and doubt Cash would have the time with his company.
AG
I predict at least half of the hangzone makes the jump
stew0720
AG
Nope. Only thing nobody has mentioned is who the producer might be. And it might not be the most recent retiree…..
TexasAggie008
AG
#bringbackTC
Hincemm
AG
80085 said:

I predict at least half of the hangzone makes the jump

I think mike is dans mentor and that may play a factor. The x factor could be how much $$ I heart has to work with
AG
stew0720 said:

Nope. Only thing nobody has mentioned is who the producer might be. And it might not be the most recent retiree…..

this guy?

https://www.richphillipsrealtor.com/profile

AW 1880
AG
I think part of Rhynes give up in his last several years was getting repeatedly dog piled and kicked in the junk by Corby and Danny.
Coates
AW 1880 said:

I think part of Rhynes give up in his last several years was getting repeatedly dog piled and kicked in the junk by Corby and Danny.

Agreed. And Corby was constantly late and lacks basic knowledge. Gotta wear on a prideful guy like Mike
powerbelly
AG
I think that's only part of it. He had a bag of nothing on his podcast too
mavsfan4ever
AG
Mike was unlistenable for many years. You can't blame that on Corby. Mike gave Corby nothing to work with. And Danny is a bag of nothing. So Corby was basically trying to run the show by himself with dead weight everywhere around him.

I'll listen to Sirois over anyone at the ticket. But not if he's paired with Mike. He needs his own show.
My Dad Earl
AG
The only thing Mike was good for the last few years was talking about music history from the 60s to 70s, which how much of today's demographic really cares about?
bthotugigem05
AG
Lol the Ticket subreddit is calling the new station the LIV Tour of DFW Sports Radio
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Mike was unlistenable for many years. You can't blame that on Corby. Mike gave Corby nothing to work with. And Danny is a bag of nothing. So Corby was basically trying to run the show by himself with dead weight everywhere around him.

I'll listen to Sirois over anyone at the ticket. But not if he's paired with Mike. He needs his own show.
I'd listen to Sirois and Donnie, wonder what his contract is at
mavsfan4ever
AG
PatAg said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I'd listen to Sirois and Donnie, wonder what his contract is at

Yea I would too. Just meant Sirois needs a show where he is basically in charge of what they do and not a show where he has to defer to someone else (which he and everyone else would do with Rhyner). Didn't mean he needs his own show without a co-host.
WC87
AG
Gribble.
Vince Blake
I wonder if they could poach Bob? Give me a sports show with Bob Sturm and Jeff Cavanaugh and I'm dialed in.
WC87
AG
And Cat, you had this in the palm of your hand and ****ed it up about as bad as you could. You could have given Sirois Norms seat, make Norm host emeritus and let him work 2 days a week or 2 segments a day, and roll on. And if Norm balked force him into retirement, perhaps hard to do contract wise.

But nope. You let one of your top 5 talent guys walk for really not much money for the fantasy call of the Preakness. It's really a fireable offense for a PD.
First Page Last Page
Page 416 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.