Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,245,276 Views | 19968 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by zag213004
Rebel_Lonestar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it just me or is Davey just a big pile of meh? I have been listening to the hardline 5.0 for a couple of months now and he has no good sports opinions or analysis (but you can say that about everyone on the Ticket except for Bob) and all he tries to do are his shock jock bits which always flop. I get it he has a dry personality but he is unlistenable to me
FTAco07
AG
He doesn't bother me, but he also doesn't add any value to me beyond taking a couple segments away from Corby which is a net positive.

I always liked Dave as a fill in in short spurts but it doesn't seem to be translating to full time for me.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I normally like Davey, but he's basically just Danny 2.0 at this point. Which is definitely not what the show needed.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
More Dave = less corby
Mozart Paintings
AG
Just got a Ticket text about the iron skillet starting at 2:30. In the meantime it's 35-21 in the 4th.

"The Ticket"
mavsfan4ever
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I normally like Davey, but he's basically just Danny 2.0 at this point. Which is definitely not what the show needed.

Yea he's better than Danny. But not by much. And that's not saying much.

And he's too similar to Danny.
hoosier-daddy
The orphanage was slightly better than nothing. The current weekend shows are far worse than nothing.
AgFB
AG
Dang. Does this mean Jake hit his triple?
zag213004
AG
Yeah was it 1.5 or 2.5?
AgFB
AG
Yeah they confused me too
The Pilot
AG
Jake 0-5 thus far.

PWF line was -1.5.
WC87
AG
Shove that triple up your Woo ass Jake
The Pilot
AG
If we can get Kstate to hold on to beat OU, college football segments on the little ticket next week will be great.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Jake missed his triple play again. He's already claimed he's triple playing Miss St. next week on Twitter.
Legal Custodian
AG
Aggies Win
Longhorns Lose
If KSU can pull this out, it'll be a fun week to listen to college football talk.

Although I'm sure they'll focus how A&M should have lost on that missed FG and we got lucky.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Jake missed his triple play again. He's already claimed he's triple playing Miss St. next week on Twitter.

The Pilot
AG
Only bob picked the Ags to cover

DannyDuberstein
AG
The Pilot said:

Jake 0-5 thus far.

PWF line was -1.5.
The Pilot
AG
AgGrad99
AG
That is funny. Good on Jake
InternetFan02
AG
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Jake is 0-6 so far this week and Corby got his **** pushed in.

Good night all around.
double aught
AG
InternetFan02 said:

What is that brand of shoe and why did I all of the sudden start seeing them everywhere one day?
tk for tu juan
https://www.on-running.com/en-us
They have a Roger Federer collection, probably why Corby wears them
https://www.on-running.com/en-us/collection/roger
Stive
AG
On Cloud shoes right?

Everyone that I know that has them swears they're the most comfortable shoe they've ever had.
ac04
not sure if i believe this, but its quite a story.

Quote:

It's Dallas-Fort Worth radio patriarch Mike Rhyner, unretiring and clearing his Texas Radio Hall-of-Fame throat to become a "Freak" that will - unfathomably - compete for listeners against the dynasty he built at The Ticket.

Multiple radio industry sources have confirmed the shocking news that will add a third sports-talk station to the local landscape and force long-time listeners to reassess their loyalty: Rhyner is coming out of retirement to be the signature voice on a new 97.1 The Freak, which will replace DFW's heritage brand "The Eagle."

The Freak - featuring a lineup that sources say will include Rhyner, Eagle holdovers Ben Rogers and Jeff "Skin" Wade, former 105.3 The Fan host Jeff Cavanaugh and Ticket refugees Julie Dobbs and Mike Sirois - is expected to debut next week, likely Friday.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not interested in most of that lineup, but I will listen to whatever show Sirois is on. That was a huge ****up by the Ticket over a small amount of money. Whoever he's up against is gonna see a dent in ratings.
The Pilot
AG
Damn you Cat.
Buford Tannen
AG
I think with all the departures lately it's been obvious the ticket is falling apart. Maybe he'll reinvent it at The Freak (terrible name) and try to pull over guys like the Musers, Bob, Corby, etc. if this is in fact real.
Stive
AG
I'm way out in East Texas so I'm going to need an app to give it a try. Would love to hear Sirois in a host position.

This could be interesting.
stew0720
AG
As a sponsor who's considering Rhyner's endorsement, serious question: will you listen to a 3-7 Rhyner/Sirois/Dobbs show vs the Hardline?
Stive
AG
stew0720 said:

As a sponsor who's considering Rhyner's endorsement, serious question: will you listen to a 3-7 Rhyner/Sirois/Dobbs show vs the Hardline?

I'd definitely give it a shot. Is it 2005 Rhyner or is it 2018 Rhyner?

powerbelly
AG
stew0720 said:

No, Rhyner has had a giant bag of nothing for 10+ years
Spaceship
AG
I can't take 4 hours of Rhyner seriously. He was an empty host on the HL for the past several years. Not sure why now would different.

Letting Sirois go was the biggest mistake the Ticket has made though. They will regret that…especially once Norm and the Musers start retiring.
Legal Custodian
AG
I will check it out for sure but any additional listening will depend on how it goes over the course of the week.
First Page Last Page
Page 415 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.