Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,246,362 Views | 19977 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by chupacabra tacos
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
why don't you get out your pom poms?
DannyDuberstein
AG
DadAG10 said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I just don't get the allure of someone who is so obnoxious and condescending when he himself was terrible at football.

This is too funny. So only great football players are worthy of having opinions about college football?

Post your D1 stats so we will know how seriously to take your thoughts.

You're talking about opinions. He's talking about him being an obnoxious, condescending dickwad. Those are two different things
The Pilot
AG
Greyhound bus to the Superbowl sounds great for the loser.
Rudyjax
AG

Ken Scarborough said:

DadAG10 said:

I just don't get the allure of someone who is so obnoxious and condescending when he himself was terrible at football.

This is too funny. So only great football players are worthy of having opinions about college football?

And anyone who thinks someone that played D1 football, is "terrible at football" has a warped sense of the world.

So we're pretending Klatt wasn't a total spare? Haha...cool.

Sorry I spoke negatively of your boy.
It has nothing to do with Klatt and everything to do with your warped sense of the world. NO ONE WHO PLAYS D1 FOOTBALL IS TERRIBLE AT FOOTBALL.

DannyDuberstein
AG
if one was, it was Joel Klatt. He may have been a clerical error
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

It has nothing to do with Klatt and everything to do with your warped sense of the world. NO ONE WHO PLAYS D1 FOOTBALL IS TERRIBLE AT FOOTBALL.

Dramatic, much? Good grief.

Rudyjax
AG

Ken Scarborough said:

Dramatic, much? Good grief.

Also says more about you than me.

I wasn't being dramatic, I was using emphasis.
DadAG10

DadAG10 said:

Sorry...maybe my distaste for Klatt made me choose poor wording. I don't care that he wasn't a great football player but it does make his condescending attitude funny to me. I like and listen to plenty of guys who didn't play...Bob for an example at the station.

Some might say Bob can be a little condescending at times.

Any one in "sports talk" is going to be opinionated and appear condescending if you don't like what they are saying.
Jack Ruby
where are you getting your energy? its a simple question. where are you getting your energy in this world? energy is becoming more and more and more of a factor in in everybody's world. everybody's world. id like to direct you to a new client we have on this station named choose energy. choose energy is an absolutely fantastic way of getting your energy in this world. choose energy allows you to choose the company you want. choose the company you want to deliver your energy. choose energy gives you fantastic choices in the energy area and its up to you to simply look at the choices and determine which one is best for you. choose energy will hear a lot more about in the coming days on our station. choose energy is a way to save you money. choose energy is the way of the future enabling you to choose the energy source you want. the one that works best for you. the one that saves the most energy money. choose energy
tk for tu juan
Klatt's record against ranked teams (ranked at gametime)
2003: 2-3
2004: 0-4
2005: 0-4
Just Tired
Ken Scarborough said:

Ken Scarborough said:

DadAG10 said:

And anyone who thinks someone that played D1 football, is "terrible at football" has a warped sense of the world.

So we're pretending Klatt wasn't a total spare? Haha...cool.

Sorry I spoke negatively of your boy.

Goldie Wilson
Not sure why everyone is focused on his mediocre college career when he's just as bad of an analyst
Bunbury
AG
Klatt is one of the best guests on the station. If he was pro Aggie this whole thread would have knee pads for his segment every week. He's still a great analyst and entertaining voice even if he's an Aggie troll.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like how Craig's PAC12 "source" is almost certainly some message board dude like us
DannyDuberstein
AG
I also like how the 2020 Aggie football season has somehow been erased from the archives
Yesterday
AG
Fake Mack Brown is the best.
Hincemm
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Not sure why everyone is focused on his mediocre college career when he's just as bad of an analyst
his trolling doesn't bother me but can understand if it does bother others.

as an analyst/broadcaster, i think he's pretty good. gus is a different story. i just don't like most of the teams involved in the games he calls.
FTAco07
AG
Fake Mac was amazing this morning!
AgGrad99
AG
And Junior continues the history lesson about the Aggies, and that we havent had 10 wins much under Fran/Sherman. We know Junior. It's why they're not our coach anymore.

It made me chuckle that he said, 'well, they do play in the toughest division in a historically hard conference, so I'll cut them some slack, but if you want to compete for championships, like you said you wanted to with Jimbo, at some point you have to beat these teams'.

Pretty rich...coming from an OU fan. He watches them cruise through an easy schedule, only to get walloped by the teams we play every year. The disconnect is strong with that one.
Hincemm
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I like how Craig's PAC12 "source" is almost certainly some message board dude like us
also had to admire his praising of venables and how he's 'killing it' on the recruiting trail for the next few years. they're number 5 for 2023 and not ranked for 2024. that's good but a little premature. but craig is used to being premature, i suppose.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. One of the issues I have is the comment that "at some point Jimbo has to start winning" while wondering if anyone watched 2020. #4 against a ridiculously tough schedule. Should have been in the CFP, which the #4 ranking validated. It's not a title, but Jimbo has already elevated us a number of steps.
Ervin Burrell
AG
AgGrad99 said:

And Junior continues the history lesson about the Aggies, and that we havent had 10 wins much under Fran/Sherman. We know Junior. It's why they're not our coach anymore.

It made me chuckle that he said, 'well, they do play in the toughest division in a historically hard conference, so I'll cut them some slack, but if you want to compete for championships, like you said you wanted to with Jimbo, at some point you have to beat these teams'.

Pretty rich...coming from an OU fan. He watches them cruise through an easy schedule, only to get walloped by the teams we play every year. The disconnect is strong with that one.
I mean, yes OU plays a joke of a schedule...but that doesn't make him wrong when he points out that in order for A&M to compete for a national title it'd probably help to take care of business within their own division first.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

I mean, yes OU plays a joke of a schedule...but that doesn't make him wrong when he points out that in order for A&M to compete for a national title it'd probably help to take care of business within their own division first.

Super hot sports opinion.
AgGrad99
AG
I agree about what A&M needs to do. But he said us not getting that extra game to 10 wins is 'the most shocking thing in college football'.

But yet he gives OU a nod of approval for winning 10 easy regular season games, when they fail against the very same school(s) that prevent us from having that extra game or two to get to 10.

In the end, it wont matter soon, and we just need to win.

Ervin Burrell
AG

Ervin Burrell said:

Super hot sports opinion.

I never claimed it was - I was merely pointing out that just because an OU fan made the (very obvious) claim, doesn't make it wrong.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sorry...wasn't making fun of you rather the generic, mindless ticket sports talk from anyone not named Bob.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I was going to get upset about the "no 10 wins" line of reasoning, but when talking about the Ags, Junior had to talk about great recruiting classes and competing for a conference and national title. They then shifted gears to texas and the conversation shifted to whether or not they'd have a winning season.

Get some perspective folks, its good to be us.
The Collective
AG
MavsAg
AG
TC is Reddit personified.
Hincemm
AG
don't tell jake. he'll let you know where you can find him, so he can whip your ass
DannyDuberstein
AG
A woman let that dude lay on top of her nekkid and make a baby.

There's a lid for every pot, i guess
ftworthag02
AG
I have no idea who these guys are but they are terrible!

"just killing time"
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
App is jumping all over the place this morning and now only lets me back-up 30 minutes instead of an hour and I don't have enough runway to skip Peter King without hitting live. /FirstWorldProblems
Stive
AG
Yeah mine skipped Muse all the way through.
Goldie Wilson
Mine keeps jumping to a TXU ad every two minutes or so
First Page Last Page
Page 406 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.