Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,246,519 Views | 19977 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by chupacabra tacos
AgFB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I listen to Klatt but like Bryan Jones and his segment better. He can poke the Aggies and other schools with a little more tact. I'd have a beer and with Jones - Klatt I might end up punching in the throat.
Spaceship
AG
Klatt is condescending; that's my biggest issue with him. He thinks he's the smartest guy is every conversation.
MavsAg
AG
Klatt is greatness. Sure he pokes fun at us more than he does with other teams but that's because so many Aggies get pulled offsides by it. He has great insight and delivers it in an entertaining way.

Plus, now we have Bob to push back on some of his points. It's probably my favorite segment of the week.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Klatt and Jones are both great.

Jones laying some good praise on A&M this morning which is nice to hear.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
MavsAg said:

Klatt is greatness. Sure he pokes fun at us more than he does with other teams but that's because so many Aggies get pulled offsides by it.

It's not an Aggie thing like some of you insist on. Literally any fanbase gets riled up when someone constantly sh*ts on them. It doesn't make Klatt some master troll (such a strange thing to me that people feed off that kind of stuff)...it makes him lazy and vindictive.

I'm not one that cares or gets offended by the Klatt types (I don't listen to him), I just don't get the allure of someone who is so obnoxious and condescending when he himself was terrible at football. Plus he reminds me of the *****er from Napoleon Dynamite.

Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
I never realized it, but that is absolutely who I picture when I hear Klatt on the Ticket.

And I'm in the camp that's not bothered by Klatt. It's a character, just like Screamin A or Skip Bayless. Unfortunately that's the state of media currently.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is perfect.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

I never realized it, but that is absolutely who I picture when I hear Klatt on the Ticket.

And I'm in the camp that's not bothered by Klatt. It's a character, just like Screamin A or Skip Bayless. Unfortunately that's the state of media currently.

My deal is be a troll or be an analyst. If you want to mix in trolling as often as he does, then I'm never going to take him seriously as the latter. SJC has it exactly right. It's cheap and easy to troll. Anyone can do it and folks in any fanbase will fall for it.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Exactly. Klatt is just a symptom. I don't listen to any of those guys because they're all like nails on a chalkboard no matter the topic. They're the sports commentary equivalent to CSI Miami/Las Vegas/wherever the f...entertainment for the lowest common denominator.
MW03
AG
I view it more as an entertainment segment and enjoy it as such. Klatt is pretty funny, and I enjoy him making fun of Corby, giving Bob the business, and now I look forward to him going after Davey.
dave94
AG
It's not like Klatt is this way when he's doing his actual job of color commentary.

He started the Aggie bit once he was doing the weekly show with BaD Radio and all the Ags started whining that they never talked about us.

It's not a big deal, and he is nothing like the Skip or Stephen A. blowhards.
bthotugigem05
AG
Klatt was also the guy who said he would laugh before plays against us because our defense was so bad, so there's some latent saltiness for him in particular.
The Pilot
AG
I think I'm going to the TCU @ CU game tomorrow night, I'll make sure and kick Klatt in the nuts if I see him. I'll make him kiss my Aggie ring too.
MW03
AG
Can't afford to be average with this squad. Kind of puts into perspective what Bob was saying about "leaving money on the table" with the lack of aggressive playcalling.

Law Hall 69-72
AG
Junior was chuckling at our lack of consistent 10 win seasons. I wonder if he will think OU's records are just as funny after they join the SEC?
AgGrad99
AG
We've basically had two 10 win seasons in the past decade. (2020 would have given us 10 wins, if we had OOC games).

But him chuckling about the last 23 years goes back to exactly what Bob was saying. What does 23 years ago have to do with today? We cannot go back and play the Fran years over again. It means nothing, with regards to what we're building at the moment.

Switching one or two opponents each year, would have given us 10 wins in almost every season. Unfortunately we dont get the benefit of OU's schedule. Maybe if we could have switched an SEC-W opponent each year with the likes of Kansas, KSU, ISU, Tech, TCU, etc...our record would look a little different.

Anyone look at OU's schedule this year. It's a complete joke, but par for the course.

Not all 10 win seasons are equal.

Just win. It's all that matters at this point.
MW03
AG
I enjoyed Bob's comment during their A&M breakdown when Corby brought that up. He said that old history only matters if you believe in magic spells. Then when Klatt brought it up, he said something to the effect of "Well they can't go back and replay games in the 1970s, so I will concede that point if you think it matters"
MW03
AG
I also like it when people throw out the covid year as though it doesn't count. All the teams in the SEC played the covid year, so why on earth wouldn't it be relevant when talking about how they play compared to the rest of the SEC? Do you throw out the Lakers championship because it was in the bubble? They played with the exact same conditions as everyone else.
AgGrad99
AG
MW03 said:

I also like it when people throw out the covid year as though it doesn't count. All the teams in the SEC played the covid year, so why on earth wouldn't it be relevant when talking about how they play compared to the rest of the SEC? Do you throw out the Lakers championship because it was in the bubble? They played with the exact same conditions as everyone else.
And given the fact we went 9-1 against an all-SEC Schedule, it should count more.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seriously, the covid year was as tough as schedules get. We even played (and beat) the East champ.

Ask any team in the country whether they'd rather play their existing 2022 schedule, or our 2020 schedule. You know what that answer is
LSB_2002
AG
Klatt is a cock sucker
Hincemm
AG
I think picks with friends is today. But not sure what time
Hincemm
AG
LSB_2002 said:

Klatt is a cock sucker

Hot. Sports. Opinions.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Hincemm said:

I think picks with friends is today. But not sure what time
Usually 2:30, and picks with friends is a must listen segment for me.

Edit: they said 2:15
Hincemm
AG
I've got bits

Goldie Wilson
Nevermind
The Pilot
AG
Did they decide on the 24 hr Greyhound ride? Or am I getting my bets mixed up?
Ervin Burrell
AG
The Pilot said:

Did they decide on the 24 hr Greyhound ride? Or am I getting my bets mixed up?
I believe that's the payoff for the fantasy league that Blake is in, not PWF (unless I missed something).
Mozart Paintings
AG
I'm assuming it will be a double segment today. Love picks with friends.
DadAG10
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I just don't get the allure of someone who is so obnoxious and condescending when he himself was terrible at football.

This is too funny. So only great football players are worthy of having opinions about college football?

Post your D1 stats so we will know how seriously to take your thoughts.

Rudyjax
AG
DadAG10 said:

I just don't get the allure of someone who is so obnoxious and condescending when he himself was terrible at football.

This is too funny. So only great football players are worthy of having opinions about college football?

And anyone who thinks someone that played D1 football, is "terrible at football" has a warped sense of the world.
Hincemm
AG
yeah, yeah...
Stive
AG
DadAG10 said:

My exact thought as well.

Once we know what he does for a living, let's start a list of all the things he's never allowed to weigh-in on.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
DadAG10 said:

Sorry...maybe my distaste for Klatt made me choose poor wording. I don't care that he wasn't a great football player but it does make his condescending attitude funny to me. I like and listen to plenty of guys who didn't play...Bob for an example at the station.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

DadAG10 said:

And anyone who thinks someone that played D1 football, is "terrible at football" has a warped sense of the world.

So we're pretending Klatt wasn't a total spare? Haha...cool.

Sorry I spoke negatively of your boy.
First Page Last Page
Page 405 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.