Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,246,907 Views | 19981 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Robert C. Christian
sturm1310
How long do you want to ignore this user?
'03ag said:

An extremely mild comment and Bob said goodbye
Guys, I just don't want to argue with people that want to argue. I get paid to do that on the air. My free time is not for arguing. No offense to anyone who "ran me off", but I just am not here to engage in a big fight over "thinking I know more about football than Jimbo." lol. See you all at Kyle Field or not.
double aught
AG
This thread is pretty level headed for the most part and is more discussion than arguing. The few knuckleheads get called out pretty quickly.

Now tell us about the worst buccaneers team ever.
'03ag
I just think those comments should be really easy to ignore.

I think everyone expected you'd get bored of this place eventually.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I just think you have to go deeper than some first layer of stats. Calzada was a 60% passer on 1st down. A bit better than his 56-57% overall, but that's not a good 1st down rate because he was just inaccurate. He was actually 65% on 2nd down, which tells me choosing to run a bit more on 1st certainly wasn't harming him. As far as explosives, Calzada was largely inaccurate with all types of throws.

For 2020, I think the results are hard to argue with. As far as explosives, Mond threw a very flat ball and was never good 20+.

I think these stats reflect the philosophy of getting the ball in the hands of your elite guys, who were Spiller, Achane, and Smith.
AgGrad99
AG
sturm1310 said:

'03ag said:

Guys, I just don't want to argue with people that want to argue. I get paid to do that on the air. My free time is not for arguing. No offense to anyone who "ran me off", but I just am not here to engage in a big fight over "thinking I know more about football than Jimbo." lol. See you all at Kyle Field or not.

90% of the people appreciate you posting Bob. Don't be a stranger
Chewy
AG
Name a receiver in Jimbos era other than a healthy Caleb Chapman that was a legit deep threat. That threat was actually used against Florida. Ironically he got hurt on his biggest catch and out for the season.

Demas never materialized for reasons that seem apparent right now. Lot of talent. Little football want.

I think Jimbo's play calling has been a cause of having no real receiving threat. Why waste a play on a guy that can't get deep? We haven't had a receiver drafted from Jimbos era and I don't believe there's even a receiver on an NFL practice squad.

Wide Receiver has been hands down the worst unit during Jimbos era. Blame recruiting and coaching them up all you want which is fair but I think that's a direct factor in Jimbo's "conservative" play calling.

That's all water under the bridge though as we appear to have a legit threat in Evan Stewart. We'll find out if it was play calling or a lack of talent.

I think Jimbo wants to blow the top off of defenses but hasn't had a guy that could do it. 2022 will be a definitive season.
ftworthag02
AG
Amen! I'm just glad to have someone with extensive football knowledge giving a fairly unbiased opinion of our program. Thank you Bob. Most of us appreciate you!
Ag CPA
AG
Just can't have nice things around here.
Hincemm
AG
Bob,

Remember when you used to be on noon-3?

Did you kill sirois?
Malachi Constant
AG
Love your show, Bob. And I hope your daughter is having an awesome experience at A&M.
WC87
AG
Bob, we went over this in the meeting. We do this thread for the P1, not for us.
double aught
AG
Obviously.
WC87
AG
And Bob, you are spot on. Jimbo's offense is a dinosaur compared to modern college football. Many, many Ags, while thrilled with the recruiting, have major reservations about the offense. I hope it was more of a personnel issue (Mond, Calzada, lack of receiver speed) than schematic but still Jimbo did them no favors imo. This is a make or break season for the offense. With this level of talent we should not be in one score 4th quarter games against vastly inferior recruiters. If we are, Bjork needs to have a talk with Jimbo about an analyst, a diff OC, Etc. Not calling for his job at all, but modernize this offense and maximize your winning potential.
ftworthag02
ftworthag02
AG
Funny
Just Tired
WC87 said:

Jimbo's offense is a dinosaur compared to modern college football. Many, many Ags, while thrilled with the recruiting, have major reservations about the offense.
point being, and i've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned.

Almost every CB will have his back turned at some point when you are running a vertical route in man coverage.

When the receiver stops and comes back, he will almost ALWAYS have a huge advantage on the defender.

It's time we start using this a bit more.
hoosier-daddy
Cross 20 and run 4 straight fades. That's the ticket to success.
txag2008
AG
Is the ham ready??
bthotugigem05
AG
sturm1310 said:

'03ag said:

[/interstitial]

Thanks for stopping in Bob.
ac04
yeah, you know, that's a good point. and do us a favor please, because i know this guy's gonna interview you soon or before the year's up, just please remind corby davidson that he wudn't that great. i mean this guy comes on the ticket talking like he was an original hardline member and just kinda remind him that he wudn't that great and kinda put him in his place.
Just Tired
hangzone open sent me down a wormhole... not what i was expecting
WC87
AG
Just Tired said:

So they fed him then killed him?
Hincemm
AG
That's like paying for a cab…and getting a stretched limo!
Just Tired
WC87 said:

Just Tired said:

So they fed him then killed him?
had to feed him cause he was a big man.
Demasiado
AG
Did HL do the aggie team review yet?
MW03
AG
Demasiado said:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4nO1CuRbQmxGewhe3HtuuD?si=6df67fbb268d470c
Legal Custodian
AG
Demasiado said:

It was Friday. You missed out cause Bob ended up on this thread to discuss why he said what he said. Go back a couple of pages to see
Demasiado
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Demasiado said:

It was Friday. You missed out cause Bob ended up on this thread to discuss why he said what he said. Go back a couple of pages to see

Gotcha, didn't realize why sports sturm suddenly showed up on this thread
J.P. 03
AG
Am I the only one who really enjoyed Weird Al talk during the O-deck this morning? I didn't realize he plays songs in concerts that he couldn't secure the rights to include on his albums.

And thanks to Jer pointing that out, I've had "Chicken Pot Pie" to the tune of "Live and Let Die" stuck in my head for the last hour. Hopefully now you do, too.
FTAco07
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Am I the only one who really enjoyed Weird Al talk during the O-deck this morning? I didn't realize he plays songs in concerts that he couldn't secure the rights to include on his albums.

And thanks to Jer pointing that out, I've had "Chicken Pot Pie" to the tune of "Live and Let Die" stuck in my head for the last hour. Hopefully now you do, too.

Same here on all accounts
double aught
AG
Musers have been in peak form lately.
WC87
AG
Big Strong's last day.
ftworthag02
ftworthag02
AG
never heard the red river rival song..... terrible!
Stive
AG
Man…the "French guys kicking the squirrel into the Grand Canyon" playlet had me in tears during the 8:10 Jer memoriam. That guy was the GOAT at stringing together random drops for funny moments.
First Page Last Page
Page 403 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.