Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,243 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by J.P. 03
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zeke, who is a great guy and locker room leader and whose intangibles they love (we mostly only know this because they keep telling us this, not because of what we've actually seen), decided to leverage the team's high hopes about an upcoming season by holding out with 2 years on his deal and trying to hold them over a barrel. You know, the kind of thing great team leaders who want to win more than anything do. And he was playing under a top 3 pick rookie deal, not exactly scraps.

That deal was so moronic.
Heisenberg01
AG
Only Sooner Corby thinks Barry Switzer looked like a badass in that Dale Hansen interview. Everyone else just thought the Cowboys coach looks like a raving lunatic.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I have zero doubt that Corby wouldn't even hesitate if Switzer asked him to s his d.
dave94
AG
I think he was talking about how physically he could kick some ass, even at that age.

They all know he was raving crazy in that interview. Right?
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I have zero doubt that Corby wouldn't even hesitate if Switzer asked him to s his d.
Corby would say thank you first.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

I find it interesting that Blake went out to California - don't recall producers ever making that trip. I assume it's because he has a tech/engineering background in case something goes haywire?
It's kind of odd, but Blake is the longest tenured producer outside of Fernando. I don't think Fernando does anything (Fight Night, Ticket Stock, etc) outside of his normal shift.
Decay
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Ervin Burrell said:

I find it interesting that Blake went out to California - don't recall producers ever making that trip. I assume it's because he has a tech/engineering background in case something goes haywire?
It's kind of odd, but Blake is the longest tenured producer outside of Fernando. I don't think Fernando does anything (Fight Night, Ticket Stock, etc) outside of his normal shift.

I'm suspicious Fernando isn't actually like a fortune 500 CEO or something. He's got secrets he's hiding...
GarlandAg2012
AG
I don't like Fernando's personality but I have a lot of respect for someone who does the job they're paid for and doesn't sacrifice so much time and effort for no extra compensation. I get that there are a lot of people who would like to work in radio, but generally speaking I think you should do what you're paid for and not give away your skills for free.
AgGrad99
AG
Anyone hear Jake talk about Corby at the media party?

I wish he'd have told Corby to piss off, or better yet, just completely have ignored him. That story epitomizes Corby to me.
Gomer95
AG
What did Jake say? What'd Corby do?
Ervin Burrell
AG
I enjoy the Hang Zone a lot, but damn they need to stop milking that Micah Parsons SB interview. It was entertaining but time to move on.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Gomer95 said:

Was only half listening but I think Corby told Jake to get out of the seat he was sitting in so that he could sit and talk to whoever (can't remember if they mentioned a name).
AgGrad99
AG
Gomer95 said:

Jake was sitting in a chair, listening to Troy Aikman tell old Cowboy stories.

Corby gets there late, with a plate of sushi in one had, and tells Jake to move and motions for him to get up with his free hand...and boots Jake from his seat. (Literally just walked up, late, and says 'move' and waves Jake out of his own seat). So entitled.

Dan had the same reaction I did...and asked Jake why he moved.
dave94
AG
Dan asked if Jake had food too and he didn't at the time. I hope that Jake would have told him to eff off otherwise.

Edit: They're talking about it now with Corby.
PatAg
AG
I know he must have a ton of fans, but Corby could going away would be a good thing for the company.
AgBQ-00
AG
What was corbys excuse for being a dick this time?
dave94
AG
The moron dog roundtable was hilarious!!!
Hincemm
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

If you're as old as me and recall the quarterback conundrum at tu with Chris Simms and major Applewhite, then you'll know the joke that the 'only people who thought Simms should start are Chris' mom and mack brown.'

Reminds me of corby because I think the only people that think he should host a show are corby's wife and catman.
Goldie Wilson
Hincemm said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Reminds me of corby because I think the only people that think he should host a show are corby's wife and catman.
Notwithstanding what they've said on the air, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sturm that was pushing for the 3rd host slot.
AgBQ-00
AG
Absolutely remember that. And yes that seems to fit corby too.
bthotugigem05
AG
That interview with Malik Jefferson was really annoying, he seemed like a really nice guy.
Heisenberg01
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Gomer95 said:

Jake was sitting in a chair, listening to Troy Aikman tell old Cowboy stories.

Corby gets there late, with a plate of sushi in one had, and tells Jake to move and motions for him to get up with his free hand...and boots Jake from his seat. (Literally just walked up, late, and says 'move' and waves Jake out of his own seat). So entitled.

Dan had the same reaction I did...and asked Jake why he moved.

Claimed he gave him the extra antagonizing and disrespectful "hop-up" when he got there.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

I enjoy the Hang Zone a lot, but damn they need to stop milking that Micah Parsons SB interview. It was entertaining but time to move on.

I love the Hang Zone but man this week was brutal. They had no segments planned all week and just kinda did nothing on the radio for a couple hours per day. It was awful. Felt like they just partied til 2 am and did no prep and didn't even bother with having topics to talk about. But they weren't partying til 2 am, so I'm not sure what the problem was.
752bro4
AG
5 tim cowlishaw segments was 6 too many
mavsfan4ever
AG
This trip is showing how much they miss Sirois. Absolutely no funny stories or cool excursions to talk about on the air. Would've had multiple if Sirois was out there.

And what's happened to Jake? He has turned into a grumpy 50 year old man when he's off the air. Sounded like he was actually mad at Corby. I cracked up at his "you are the worst part about working here" statement.
Ervin Burrell
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

This trip is showing how much they miss Sirois. Absolutely no funny stories or cool excursions to talk about on the air. Would've had multiple if Sirois was out there.

And what's happened to Jake? He has turned into a grumpy 50 year old man when he's off the air. Sounded like he was actually mad at Corby. I cracked up at his "you are the worst part about working here" statement.
Yeah, he acted like he was on his period for much of that trip. Maybe stressed out that he's out of town with a very pregnant wife (and three year old) at home?
Chewy
AG
Great job by The Musers this morning dissecting another Jim Nance awkward moment.

DannyDuberstein
AG
The training camp and SB trips are following the same journey as the rest of the programming. These dudes are just getting old.
AgGrad99
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

yeah, this trip was pretty tame. Other than the player interviews, they might as well have been back in Dallas.
double aught
AG
Junes had an interesting (to me) follow up to his stolen credit card story this morning. Said a higher up at the coffee shop (presumably Starbucks) reached out to him to talk about his incident. He said Junior accurately described their procedures. But now they are re-examining those procedures as well as looking at his fraud case specifically.
Goldie Wilson
DannyDuberstein said:

The training camp and SB trips are following the same journey as the rest of the programming. These dudes are just getting old.
Similar to the Campound complaints this year
Danny Vermin
They are too far left to make most segments entertaining. There is a reason the ratings are not what they used to be.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Danny Vermin said:

They are too far left to make most segments entertaining.
Yeah, that's definitely the reason. Thanks for shoehorning in a worthless, idiotic political statement.
tejas_ayanem
Danny Vermin said:

They are too far left to make most segments entertaining. There is a reason the ratings are not what they used to be.
You are too far right.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Danny Vermin said:

They are too far left to make most segments entertaining.
Yeah, that's definitely the reason. Thanks for shoehorning in a worthless, idiotic political statement.

Ehhh...he may have a point, and seems to have hit a nerve with you for some strange reason. The ticket is super PC now and they don't even do some of their best bits anymore (gay/not gay). The most eye rolling part of the last two years was listening to Danny and Corby use the "east Texas" voice to make fun of anything not woke when they used to lead the charge on all things non-PC. It's hard to be funny when you're on the left because anything humorous has a "victim" to the joke. I roll my eyes at Gil a lot but he's not terribly wrong here.
First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.