Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,487 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by J.P. 03
Jeff99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bob is like most people. He dunks on things that are "easy."

He rails about Saudi Arabia's connections to LIV, but laughed at people with concerns about the World Cup in Qatar. I tend to think (based on his simplistic logic), his Qatar opinions are more difficult to rationalize than his views on China. His views essentially boil down to racism in the U.S. is worse than human rights abuses abroad because the ones in the U.S. are ones in his own neighborhood. It's essentially the Mark Cuban excuse for waving away any concerns about the NBA's connection to China.

He sniffs which way the wind is blowing, adjusts his views, and chalks it up to being socially aware. He's basically a smarter version of Craig Miller. I respect his sports views, but he's a typical Americentric US media type.

He is dead right about Nolan Ryan, though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Nolan made hire/fire decisions on the dang broadcast booth. Anyone who thinks he was doing that but keeping his mouth shut on personnel is delusional. The **** hit the fan and he quit when the team reassigned Tim Purpura from sr director of player personnel and a couple of coaches who were all his guys. That poster refuting Bob seems credible.
dave94
AG
The point of the discussion on Nolan is that there's a large percentage of fans who don't give JD any credit for the early aughts success, and all the blame for after Nolan left.

Edit: early tweens?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes, and either extreme (Nolan did it all or JD did it all) is wrong. Bob's position in his tweet is one of the extremes
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hincemm
AG
hot dog?
DannyDuberstein
AG
When you spend years collecting a paycheck for just having people listen to you blab, I imagine it eventually ****s with your head and results in you becoming kind of a rick with a p who thinks he must always be right. I'll bet some of these dudes become pretty damn insufferable at home.
Carlo4
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

One thing is certain. Bob is never wrong. Just ask him.

He might ask me a question that takes 45 minutes to setup, so I'll avoid that if possible.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Gordo is broadcasting from Oxford, Ms. One of his kids taking a college visit?
Hincemm
AG
it's crazy that they don't even go there with him...if that's any other host (or heck, engineer, producer, etc), then they're asking about his visit there in detail.

i guess there's just an understanding that his personal life isn't addressed over the air, with the exception of his parents/childhood
Robert C. Christian
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Gordo is broadcasting from Oxford, Ms. One of his kids taking a college visit?
I think he has family there (MS)? I was trying to find out where it was but I can't seem to find what I was thinking of.
Hincemm
AG
pretty sure his family lives in southern mississippi
Robert C. Christian
AG
I got the Mississippi part right!
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
I knew he had family in Mississippi, but thought it was odd he was there on a Monday (and broadcasting remotely) when they're flying to Cowboys training camp in a couple days.
powerbelly
AG
There may be a family issue he is dealing with down there.
FTAco07
AG
What's up with the schedule for getting to Oxnard? I know it's been a few years since they've made the trip, but didn't everyone used to get there today in time for Jerry's press conference?

It sounds like the Musers will be there tomorrow but the other shows are going until end of this week/first of next. I thought it was weird that Hangzone and Hardline have a movie of the month this week.
bert harbinson
AG
I was thinking maybe Gordo has a kid about to enroll at Ole Miss?

Just noticed Bob posted this above. Helps to read the thread.
The Collective
AG
Ready for Corby's story of travel hell? He has something go wrong all the time.
Decay
AG
The Collective said:

It's a bit
Ervin Burrell
AG
FTAco07 said:

What's up with the schedule for getting to Oxnard? I know it's been a few years since they've made the trip, but didn't everyone used to get there today in time for Jerry's press conference?

It sounds like the Musers will be there tomorrow but the other shows are going until end of this week/first of next. I thought it was weird that Hangzone and Hardline have a movie of the month this week.
I wonder if the Snake getting COVID threw a wrench into their travel plans?
FTAco07
AG
That was my first thought, but the movie of the month has been planned for this week long before he got COVID. I can't imagine that recurring sponsorship event would be enough to alter the entire station's travel plans.

It also really sucks for the Musers that they'll be the only ones out there while having to start their show at 3:30am local time.
Legal Custodian
AG
FTAco07 said:

That was my first thought, but the movie of the month has been planned for this week long before he got COVID. I can't imagine that recurring sponsorship event would be enough to alter the entire station's travel plans.

It also really sucks for the Musers that they'll be the only ones out there while having to start their show at 3:30am local time.
It's probably heaven for Craig and Gordo as much of a recluse as they are. They'll be done by 8 and have no other responsibilities outside of getting an interview or two done. I do wonder what their schedule is like though.

Wake Up: 2:45am
Show: 3:30am-8am
Breakfast: 9am
Nap: 10-Noon
Interviews/Practice/Dinner/Explore LA: 1-8pm
Bed: 8-9pm

Hincemm
AG
They also mentioned that their field trip was to Hearst Castle. I hope they can turn it into something interesting because it was a big meh for me
walton91
Worst time of the year is upon us, the daily Cowboys press conference
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
walton91 said:

Worst time of the year is upon us, the daily Cowboys press conference
Taking an hour+ of Hangzone too. If only it was on during Norm's show.
Spaceship
AG
Hincemm said:

They also mentioned that their field trip was to Hearst Castle. I hope they can turn it into something interesting because it was a big meh for me

Hearst Castle is really cool but not sure if it will make for good radio or not.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
The guy on the 8:40 bit was wild. Gordo's super power is getting strangers to tell him the craziest stories. Or maybe his super power is being able to tell which people would tell that stuff to anybody just by looking at them.
AgLaw
AG
The Collective said:

Guys, you won't believe what happened to me. I show up to the airport, and I have to stand in line at security. I mean - do they not know who I am? Security. Right? I mean... And then I get on the plane, and my seat is in COACH! What the actual hell?!?!? I literally had to pass right through the first class section. I couldn't believe it. WORST TRAVEL DAY......EVERRRRRRR!
Trajan88
AG
You forgot to add one major drama detail... Corbi went to the wrong airport to begin his Cali adventure.
Rudyjax
AG
My favorite travel story was Dale Hansen complaining for an hour that he got carded at the airport.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

The guy on the 8:40 bit was wild. Gordo's super power is getting strangers to tell him the craziest stories. Or maybe his super power is being able to tell which people would tell that stuff to anybody just by looking at them.
I couldn't get over how after Gordo asks the most throwaway question ever ("what's your favorite Valentine's Day memory?"), the guy responded with "I've got two" seemingly before Gordo had even finished asking the question.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Since there was no follow up date, I guess the guy didn't like being choked. Or was it that she liked him choking her?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Junior's lost credit card story was some of the most naive nonsense I've heard in a bit. Dude, once that thing was in some stranger's hands, your only move is to cancel it. And F that dumb **** clerk that let a stranger walk off with it too
double aught
AG
Clerk was likely in on it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Probably so. The phone call was a red flag. Either way, dude, the card is toast once you left it free for anyone to look at and grab numbers off it. Cancel
First Page Last Page
Page 393 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.