Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,611 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by J.P. 03
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bunbury said:

Monty as the '3rd wheel' on the Hang Zone would be so great. But until Norm is ushered out, I'm done thinking Cat will ever do anything bold to progress the station forward.

I agree that Monty would be really good with Jake and Dan, but I also like Blake and adding Monty would probably reduce Blake's on-air role, which I don't want to see.
Hincemm
AG
and dan is my leader.

bob and corby argued ad nauseum that the chain/nba situation /= saudi arabia/liv in terms of financial support, human rights, etc.

dan said it's actually the exact same, and i couldn't agree more. it may be further evidence of how incubated bob has become since sliding into his 3-7 shift.

and corby's a dumb ass. (necessary note)
dcAg
Corby is definitely a dumb ass!
Chewy
AG
Hincemm said:

and dan is my leader.

bob and corby argued ad nauseum that the chain/nba situation /= saudi arabia/liv in terms of financial support, human rights, etc.

dan said it's actually the exact same, and i couldn't agree more. it may be further evidence of how incubated bob has become since sliding into his 3-7 shift.

Were they arguing the Chinese Government is better than the Saudi Government in how it treats people or just the NBA isn't fully backed by China (at least not yet) and therefor it's different?
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Chewy said:

Hincemm said:

and dan is my leader.

Were they arguing the Chinese Government is better than the Saudi Government in how it treats people or just the NBA isn't fully backed by China (at least not yet) and therefor it's different?

From what I heard Dan was arguing that China's and Saudi's human rights records were basically the same and NBA takes money from China, so it's the same thing. Bob was saying it's different because China doesn't actually own the NBA, like Saudi does LIV. I'm not sure whether they were misunderstanding each other or being intentionally obtuse.
bthotugigem05
AG
I'm just fascinated that people are bringing the Saudis up like this is the worst thing ever yet that same Saudi fund owns huge portions of Blackrock and Blackstone and nobody ever hears about that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's such a global economy that it's hard to figure where to draw the line, but I am with Dan that I think both are pretty much bull**** . But I especially think it's bull**** for a government with unlimited funds and no desire to make money to come in and try to wreck a private business. Whichever government it is, even if it was the US.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Do you think we'll see the ME states come in and try and aportswash with teams in the states live soccer teams in Europe?
EllisCoAg
AG
Covid Corby???
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Hincemm
AG
God love ya if you can listen to the HL nowadays.

Truth over tribe bob
Low energy davey
No prep corby

Resubscribed to audible thankfully.
double aught
AG
I don't know what "truth over tribe" means, but Bob did win the ebrake with a 2+ minute long question this morning.
WC87
AG
Anyone else think Marge is played out
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
WC87 said:

Yes...the 2nd or 3rd time I heard it.
Stive
AG
WC87 said:

One of my bottom five 8:40 characters.
dcAg
My guess is "Truth over Tribe" means that there is the true story and then there is the story that a sports franchise will tell its fans to wash over the truth.
Legal Custodian
AG
WC87 said:

She's fine once or twice a year, but Gordo leans on her a lot. Seems like we get her once a month. And more if Doocy's on.

I miss Koko
752bro4
AG
Give me Harlan and Pigskin Bob over any of the weekend of fill-in hosts any day. Do it, Catman.
Chewy
AG
Agree on Marge. Was disappointed to hear her voice at 8:40 this morning. I usually like when they hit the archives on Friday mornings if they don't have any fake characters lined up.

During yesterday's Muser's show did anyone else hear the them hit the breaking news sounder the Arizona schools and I think Utah and Colorado were applying for and would be in the Big 12 by that evening? I think they thought it was real as it didn't sound like a bit. Unreal they fell for some Tweet by SidelineSports or whoever it was. Tells you you how much they vet their sports news.
Legal Custodian
AG
Chewy said:

Agree on Marge. Was disappointed to hear her voice at 8:40 this morning. I usually like when they hit the archives on Friday mornings if they don't have any fake characters lined up.

During yesterday's Muser's show did anyone else hear the them hit the breaking news sounder the Arizona schools and I think Utah and Colorado were applying for and would be in the Big 12 by that evening? I think they thought it was real as it didn't sound like a bit. Unreal they fell for some Tweet by SidelineSports or whoever it was. Tells you you how much they vet their sports news.
I was thinking the same thing, I tried scouring twitter right when Jub broke in with that bit of 'breaking news' and couldn't find anything. Checked an hour or so later and still nothing.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I wish Gordon would bring back Microphone Johnson to replace Marge. I remember Microphone Johnson calling Corby "Hammer Killer" after Corby busted Greggo. MJ was funny, but definitely not politically correct. Ed Carter is another character I wish he would bring back.
Stive
AG
I'm a little surprised they shut Ed Carter down. They could have just adjusted the character to not work racist and still be funny.

Makes me wonder if corporate shut it all the way down with the hopes that people wouldn't dig up old recordings of it during the online lash outs.
Hincemm
AG
double aught said:

I don't know what "truth over tribe" means, but Bob did win the ebrake with a 2+ minute long question this morning.
'truth over tribe' is bob's 'counter identity politics' stance (i.e., he's a wealthy white guy who lives in the south who doesn't support trump and thinks Black Lives Matter).

and i'm fine with all of that, but he railed pretty big on anyone who offered a differing stance during the previous administration. made it a zero sum game.

example of things he'll tweet:

he's the same way with tucker carlsom. i'm off the clay travis bullsh and never watch fox news, but he's bought into the mindset of junes and corby big time.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
In that example Clay Travis is clearly the clown. Maybe find another example?

Also, "truth over tribe" probably isn't the phrase you're looking for, unless you're saying Bob will speak the truth whether or not it aligns with his beliefs.
dave94
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

I wish Gordon would bring back Microphone Johnson to replace Marge. I remember Microphone Johnson calling Corby "Hammer Killer" after Corby busted Greggo. MJ was funny, but definitely not politically correct. Ed Carter is another character I wish he would bring back.

Please tell me someone has the crudely drawn artist's rendition of Corby catching Hammer in the Village bathroom.
Hincemm
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

In that example Clay Travis is clearly the clown. Maybe find another example?

Also, "truth over tribe" probably isn't the phrase you're looking for, unless you're saying Bob will speak the truth whether or not it aligns with his beliefs.
it's the most recent one i can find maybe you can just listen to his show for the tucker carlson jabs

i'm just saying that this is bob's expression for what 'truth over tribe' means to him. it's at the top of his twitter bio, fwiw.
WC87
AG
Truth over tribe is Bob virtue signaling. That's it. It's his way of justifying his beliefs to himself and projecting.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Virtue signaling describes a lot of the station, but not sure Bob fits that category. He's been open about it his beliefs for a long time and I don't think they've changed in recent years.

He adopted a kid from Honduras - that's some extreme virtue signaling if you ask me.
Chewy
AG
Bob sure likes to argue on Twitter more and more.

This an interesting exchange where Bob engages someone at great length.

DannyDuberstein
AG
One thing is certain. Bob is never wrong. Just ask him.
bert harbinson
AG
He's not some dude at the next cubicle over.
WC87
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Virtue signaling describes a lot of the station, but not sure Bob fits that category. He's been open about it his beliefs for a long time and I don't think they've changed in recent years.

He adopted a kid from Honduras - that's some extreme virtue signaling if you ask me.

Oh I'm sure he truly believes what he believes. And I'm not knocking him for that. But Truth over Tribe to me is I'm right and if you don't believe what I believe you are wrong. It's virtue signaling. Again, perhaps I'm reading too much into it.
Spaceship
AG
It seems more subtly arrogant than virtual signaling. "I'm an enlightened free thinker who is above groupthink. If you think like others, you're just dogmatic and simple."

Sometimes I think like "my tribe" because they're actually correct. Is that so bad?
DannyDuberstein
AG
It is definitely "look at how enlightened I am" virtue signaling.
double aught
AG
Whenever I hear the word "tribe", I think of pontificating facebook moms.
Spaceship
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

It is definitely "look at how enlightened I am" virtue signaling.

Junior, Corby, (formerly) Danny and Joel Klatt suffer from chronic cases of this as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.