Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,249,042 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by J.P. 03
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They roasting Norm so bad about reading the newspaper. "Maybe they saw it at a doughnut shop" "maybe in a nursing home"
DannyDuberstein
AG
We get Norm asking people if they saw today's paper followed by WIP as a fill-in instead of Cirque. So much programming fail by letting Sirois leave
dave94
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

We get Norm asking people if they saw today's paper followed by WIP as a fill-in instead of Cirque. So much programming fail by letting Sirois leave
Awful so far. Ruining a 12-7 Ticker shift for Julie.

And then we get Dave effing Lane starting today on the HL.
CBattBQ87
AG
Well…GenX Davey did give us "The Little Miracle".
DannyDuberstein
AG
As an original Rant listener, I'm down with Gen X Davey. I think he's going to be better than some think in the yuck monkey, I mean 3rd host, role. He's not a lead host type which are what most are evaluating him from due to dry dock
DannyDuberstein
AG
I also heard Gordon on the Kick Around on Saturday. Someone made a comment about "Tier 1" and he quickly jumped on it that there are no tiers anymore. So Sirois and his drunken twitch has left a legacy
ftworthag02
AG
What a speech!
AgBQ-00
AG
Gen-X Dave taking over e news.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
AgGrad99
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Good. Corby's E-News has gotten really stale, and repetitive. A fresh voice will be good
Rudyjax
AG
AgGrad99 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Good. Corby's E-News has gotten really stale, and repetitive. A fresh voice will be good

You mean like 20 years ago when he would read the IMDB news stories?
Bones08
AG
E-News for years has been 20 minutes of listening to three dudes try to remember that one actor's name that was in that movie from a few years back. You know the one. Oh shoot, what's his name? Help us out, Ty. Oh, Ty's not in there? Well, whatever.

So I welcome any change in that department.
dave94
AG
It wasn't any better.
The Collective
AG
Work in progress consensus is that Netflix loses subs if they kill account sharing. I wouldn't have believed them a few months ago, but now knowing what these dudes make, I get $15/month mattering.
FTAco07
AG
How do they lose subscribers? The people freeloading aren't subscribers so it would require more people who currently pay to drop Netflix than people who currently watch for free to subscribe. They would surely lose viewership numbers, but I highly doubt they lose paying subscribers on balance.
Hincemm
AG
the ticket folks collectively don't know how businesses work. just imagine having to describe to them: revenue, gross profit, net profit, costs, SG&A, etc.

They simply see that company X "makes" Y dollars, so therefore company X is worth Y.

Definitely a time for them to stick to sports / shut up and dribble.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I could see it from a good will perspective. Plus some people who share accounts share the cost as well.

What's going to lose Netflix more subscribers is inflation, recession, and increasing subscription cost though.
FincAg
AG
Someone gets HBO, another Netflix, another Disney, another Paramount and everyone shares the logins.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Yep. And when Netflix stops playing ball they might just drop Netflix and get peacock or paramount or whatever.
FincAg
AG
Hardline can't even get Pringles right. Jeez

They thought the can was inflatable.
dave94
AG
WTDS is almost unlistenable this week. That doesn't even seem possible.

I miss the Hang Zone.
752bro4
AG
dave94 said:

That doesn't even seem possible..

Semen possible
The Collective
AG
FincAg said:

Someone gets HBO, another Netflix, another Disney, another Paramount and everyone shares the logins.

Sometimes they share the cost. One of the guys (can't remember who) implied he still uses his old girlfriend's login. It has been that way for more than a year. I didn't realize people were so unwilling to pay for streaming. Imagine being such a huge **** that you don't understand how this ultimately will hurt the people creating content.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I dont think ticket employees making 30-40k care much about netflixes financial situation. They are looking to watch something that helps them escape. If losing subscribers forces netflix out of business do you really think there just wont be stuff to watch anymore?
DannyDuberstein
AG
WIP is burning 2 segments on asking station people 5 generic sports questions. This show is so ****ing bad
dave94
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

WIP is burning 2 segments on asking station people 5 generic sports questions. This show is so ****ing bad
I had to bail and listen to music. They are not ready for primetime or anytime.
Jack Ruby
DannyDuberstein said:

The Dave Lane part turned it from bad to laughably bad.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dave gave that segment the level of respect it deserved. None.
clobby
AG
I hope hints from heloise comes back.
dave94
AG
clobby said:

I hope hints from heloise comes back.
Please no.
The Collective
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

My head was just in an infinite loop of the, "Thissucks thissucks thissucks thissucks" drop.
dcAg
Norm is like K. Porzingis. Always hurt. When he is on rarely has a good call/game.

He doesnt watch sports. He just reads about them in the paper.
CampingAg
AG
Another station announcement at 7:35am tomorrow. What now? Jer/Fernando following the lead of Sirois and Danny? Fight night announcement?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jer got a raise to $38k
Hincemm
AG
So. Announcement tomorrow. Fight night, d&m open, something else?
Gomer95
AG
The announcement is Corby JUST TODAY discovered that OU has a baseball team and therefore is now the greatest college baseball program of all time.
First Page Last Page
Page 388 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.