Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,249,354 Views | 19987 Replies | Last: 38 min ago by chupacabra tacos
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old School Brother said:

PatAg said:

He's not going to say he quit because Norm wouldnt retire, and Im sure he does actually like Norm.
You can like someone and also think they are being an ahole for staying long past their time
Sirois can simultaneously think that Norm has earned the right to stay as long as he wants and also not be thrilled that it is keeping him from getting a host gig. Both of those things can be true. He can also think that Cat should've come up with a creative solution like making Norm part time or offering him the 3rd host gig on the HL.

I don't believe that Sirois thinks Norm is being an ahole. I think he understands that Norm honestly doesn't realize that he's past his prime and people want him to retire. Norm's ego gets in the way of him realizing that he's holding Sirois back.
Yep
AW 1880
AG
I drove down to Austin and back on Thursday and listened to more Ticket than I've listened to in a while. I think they are past the point of no return. Corby and Cat (Junes as well) have screwed things up so badly. It seemed that the sport segments were generic and every non-sport segment had indirect political crap. They had a chance to improve the station and instead they are making it worse.
PatAg
AG
I wonder if Bob and Dan were just sick of each other, which I imagine they'd never say publicly
BaD radio was significantly better than this new version of the Hardline
GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm sure working together for that long gets old but Dan and Bob both work very hard, have high expectations of their team, and were a great match of the straight edge and the foil. I miss it. Grass isn't always greener I guess.
True Anomaly
AG
Drive time pays more. Think that's the only secret as to why he went to 3-7
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
True Anomaly said:

And he can golf basically everyday now.
PatAg
AG
True Anomaly said:

Should have just moved BaD radio to 3-7
CampingAg
AG
Are y'all ready for long time college baseball fan Corby this week?
AG
spanish from OLH to SMU

this signal sucks
Moe Jzyslak
AG
I've given up on the signal. Seems like it's Spanish half the time. I just stream through the app now
FTAco07
AG
Jake just made an off hand comment talking about Mino and said "when I tried to quite my job a few weeks ago..."

Adds even more credence to the contract dispute/negotiations rumors.
gomerschlep
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I don't know what doesn't make sense. They got complacent, lost 2 long-time players they took for granted, and went into react mode. This happens all the time in business
See "Dallas Cowboys"
hoosier-daddy
FTAco07 said:

Jake just made an off hand comment talking about Mino and said "when I tried to quite my job a few weeks ago..."

Adds even more credence to the contract dispute/negotiations rumors.

Just heard this on the top 10 and came to post.
"When I tried to quit my job a few weeks ago, Mino's the only person I cried when I hugged."
So he was out the door. Crazy
FTAco07
AG
Have to think if Jake left then Sirois would have been the new mid day host with Dan. Instead Jake stays and Mike goes. I wonder if Mike knew he was being used as leverage against his friend and that was the last straw.

What a crazy time at the little ticket
AgLaw
AG
CampingAg said:

Are y'all ready for long time college baseball fan Corby this week?

I heard him talking about college baseball yesterday and thought, "That's weird. Two Texas schools made it, but why is he talking about it."

Completely missed that OU made it, too.
tk for tu juan
Ebrake for new Top 10 dude, broadcasting the Bally Sports channel over the air during a segment
DannyDuberstein
AG
All of the sentimental sucking off the past few days over these jibs that Cumulus clearly considers menial has been kind of nauseating. This new top 10 guy is a "para professional" who is likely quitting his teaching job in McKinney to live the dream of effing up the Top 10
ac04
the fast forward functionality on sports day app was created for LIV golf tour segments. most automatic punch out of all time and the musers are on it multiple segments per day. i used to think jub red dirt talk was the king in this category but i was wrong.
double aught
AG
I enjoy those for how stubborn George is about it.

But peak Musers to me is the random life segments like the one about dragging Main today.
WC87
AG
LIV Golf Jub is the absolute worst Jub. Give it a rest, dude. We get it. It's here. Gloat in a few years when it folds.
Stive
AG
It's mid June.

The Rangers are average, there's only so many segments they can give the NBA championships, none of them watch hockey….LIV is the only random thing happening. This happens every other year and sometimes more often than that. Summer dead season hits and random sports stories occur.

Y'all act like this is new.
AgGrad99
AG
it made me chuckle when they were concerned about golf being ruined when players coming out of college sign with LIV for the $, without proving themselves first.

You mean....like every other sport?
AgGrad99
AG

Could Norm get anyone more out of touch with A&M/SEC, to discuss A&M/SEC, than a guy from a recruiting site founded/owned by longhorn fans?
powerbelly
AG
I can't wait for fake Tiger to laugh at Phil's US Open performance on Monday.
WC87
AG
The app needs a 2 hour rewind window now so that we can freaking skip Norm and D. I think we can all agree that adding Sean Bass was a huuuge upgrade over Sirois, (lolololol) but it's true bad radio now. Cat should have kicked Norm to the curb and rolled with Sirois.
Trucker 96
Yeah, it's an incredibly generic 2 hour sports show. It is the antithesis of what made the Ticket what it is, doing what basically every other sports station does.
AgGrad99
AG
Every day, you can hear Donnie mentally rolling his eyes.

Today, they were talking about players nearing the 'noise' from fans/media, and Norm had this dramatic build up and said, 'We're in a new world! It's a completely New World! We're in the New World of....SOCIAL MEDIA'.

A. Welcome to 15-20 years ago
B. It didnt have anything to do with the point.
C. Donnie had to jump in and redirect him back to the original discussion

That type of thing happens all the time.

I love Norm, But he just doesnt make for interesting radio anymore.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Hangzone got Connor Choate, 12th Man, a NIL deal.
Decay
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

The ticket is and always has been the best radio station and perfect and no complaints ever
AgLaw
AG

Not sure what this is all about. Jake said he wanted it to happen because he's "such an Aggie fan." He isn't a fan. It's a bit, but at least one of our players is making money off their bit.
Decay
AG
AgLaw said:

Not sure what this is all about. Jake said he wanted it to happen because he's "such an Aggie fan." He isn't a fan. It's a bit, but at least one of our players is making money off their bit.

Honestly, I think you nailed it. Jake's not really a fan of the Aggies but he's fine with a bit that supports us. He had the whole Sumlin national championship bet going on so it's not like he can't conceive of us winning, he just isn't maroon blooded.
Goldie Wilson
AgLaw said:

Yeah he got us good stupid aggies
BoomGoesThe
Their best (Dan Campbell) and worst (Martellus) weekly guests have been Aggies.
Rudyjax
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

I'd say Gabe Kapler was their best.
Legal Custodian
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

BoomGoesThe said:

I'd say Gabe Kapler was their best.

Hunter Pence was pretty good too. At least tied with Seguin for the best opening theme song.
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.