Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,249,537 Views | 19987 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by chupacabra tacos
BoomGoesThe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

What does this mean? That Mike would develop a cocaine habit and start calling into remotes from his Onstar or telling Cat he had a shoe in his mouth?

It's not a matter of sick, man, Cat. Get off the sick, man.
sterlicious
AG
I generally love it when Davey fills in and really enjoyed his stint last Friday, but I, too, can't believe they filled a role like that with Davey and not Sirois or Danny. I kinda thought Danny was already filling that role TBH. I'm surprised Justin Montemayor isn't a bigger piece of this pie. He seems like he's really got something. Interesting to see how this goes in the future. I worry more about Bob leaving for a big ESPN TV gig or Junior deciding he's done with it all. Junior having a baby was probably great for the listeners as he may see reason to keep earning money longer than he would've otherwise.
DannyDuberstein
AG
sterlicious said:

I generally love it when Davey fills in and really enjoyed his stint last Friday, but I, too, can't believe they filled a role like that with Davey and not Sirois or Danny. I kinda thought Danny was already filling that role TBH. I'm surprised Justin Montemayor isn't a bigger piece of this pie. He seems like he's really got something. Interesting to see how this goes in the future. I worry more about Bob leaving for a big ESPN TV gig or Junior deciding he's done with it all. Junior having a baby was probably great for the listeners as he may see reason to keep earning money longer than he would've otherwise.

Said no one ever until just now
MW03
AG
There's probably 300 pages of the 385 in this thread of people *****ing about Danny, and now we can't believe they didn't increase his role and hire him as 3rd host. Unreal.
EastSideAg2002
Mike should take a job at the fan just to spite them
MW03
AG
Also, I'm in the camp that believes that when Norm calls it a day, Sirois will be their first call and he'll likely be back on the air. He enjoys being famous too much.

Also, I'm in the camp that rarely if ever listened to Norm and D. Swapping Sirois for Sean Bass is not going to impact my listening habits, except that I'll enjoy the Musers more.

Swapping Danny for Davey is at worst a push, and in my humble opinion, an upgrade. If Davey hasn't been broken by current culture, it might even be a massive upgrade. Old school Dave Lane didn't give a **** about ANYTHING.
dave94
AG
I don't think any version of Dave Lane works for drive time. Someone here or on Twitter mentioned, they better not make Hints with Heloise a recurring bit.
PatAg
AG
sterlicious said:

Bob has a face for radio
double aught
AG
Like almost all of his coworkers.
CampingAg
AG
MW03 said:

Also, I'm in the camp that believes that when Norm calls it a day, Sirois will be their first call and he'll likely be back on the air. He enjoys being famous too much.

Also, I'm in the camp that rarely if ever listened to Norm and D. Swapping Sirois for Sean Bass is not going to impact my listening habits, except that I'll enjoy the Musers more.

Swapping Danny for Davey is at worst a push, and in my humble opinion, an upgrade. If Davey hasn't been broken by current culture, it might even be a massive upgrade. Old school Dave Lane didn't give a **** about ANYTHING.

I also thought this from the start. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he can never get rehired.
hoosier-daddy
Norm gets aids.
Replace the HL with The Orphanage +Corby
Bob and Julie 10-noon
Donnie and Sirios and *insert human here* mornings as the Musers are ready to go
mavsfan4ever
AG
MW03 said:

There's probably 300 pages of the 385 in this thread of people *****ing about Danny, and now we can't believe they didn't increase his role and hire him as 3rd host. Unreal.

I know this isn't directed at me, but even though this is a clown show I am glad they didn't make Danny a third host. I don't need third grade fart humor taking away from Bob.

I'm just shocked they didn't offer it to Sirois who actually has talent.
mavsfan4ever
AG
CampingAg said:

MW03 said:

I also thought this from the start. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he can never get rehired.

I guess they just proved that.
FTAco07
AG
I would definitely have agreed with that before the Twitch stream with Gordo. Not sure you could burn bridges any more than he did.
Rudyjax
AG
I have fond memories of listening to Gen X Davey while doing yardwork.
Hincemm
AG
is it lost on anyone that they have to - once again - redo the hang zone open?
FincAg
AG
Y'all having a pretty good day between Thursday and Saturday?!?!
FincAg
AG
Jub, doesn't like change. What a poon.
Hincemm
AG
pga jub > big 12 jub
Chewy
AG
Junior mentioned there's plenty of talent to fill these tours. Isn't that part of the challenge in there's really not enough talent and LIV is trying to maximize the talent?

I read an article stating that but no idea idea if it's true. It makes sense as there's only about 10 golfers that move the needle for fans on the fringe.
bthotugigem05
AG
The LIV tour is a godsend for marginal golfers or those who are on the downswing of their careers. If you miss a cut on the PGA Tour you get nothing. There are no cuts on the LIV Tour, you get at least $120k I think for showing up and playing.

It's 100% taking advantage of Saudi largess but 20% of PGA Tour golfers make 80% of the money, LIV is more lucrative for the big-time golfers because the winning purse is more than most majors but it's also good for the average golfers. It's not financially sustainable and will probably fold in 4-5 years but the pressure is on the PGA Tour right now, not LIV.
MW03
AG
LIV is F1 for golf. It would be really interesting is if the golf manufacturers get involved making their teams and signing their players.
Chewy
AG
That's a better summary of what I read. LIV is certainly not sustainable but the PGA needs to look at their model as well.

It doesn't seem there's enough golfers for both like Junior implied though.

Since I'm bashing Junior I do have to give him credit from yesterday. He's the first media person (I don't read or listen to many though) I've heard say the Trevor Bauer and Deshaun Watson cases are different. I'm not defending either of those two idiots but it's refreshing to hear someone say they're different. Just because Trevor Bauer got "X" doesn't mean Watson should get exactly the same.

There's no doubt in my mind Watson is getting suspended but there's different facts for both. Proud of Junior for not falling for the lazy thinking trap.
Hincemm
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

The LIV tour is a godsend for marginal golfers or those who are on the downswing of their careers. If you miss a cut on the PGA Tour you get nothing. There are no cuts on the LIV Tour, you get at least $120k I think for showing up and playing.

It's 100% taking advantage of Saudi largess but 20% of PGA Tour golfers make 80% of the money, LIV is more lucrative for the big-time golfers because the winning purse is more than most majors but it's also good for the average golfers. It's not financially sustainable and will probably fold in 4-5 years but the pressure is on the PGA Tour right now, not LIV.
they brought this up but george seemed to summarily dismiss it, but it's a little disingenuous for pga tour 'purists' to harp on saudi atrocities and also ignore the deutsche bank sponsorships...the same bank that financed russian oligarchs (if i understand all of this correctly!)
AgBQ-00
AG
all of the people speaking out against LIV tour about Saudi issues are strangely silent on the NBA and their CCP connections.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
sterlicious
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

sterlicious said:

Said no one ever until just now
I've liked his fill-in stints with Dan and I listened to quite a few Mavs post-game shows this year too. He's a very funny Touchdown Brothers reference each time, but I think he's got a lot more than Mino. To be clear, I was really only saying that I think Justin might be a good Board Op or Producer like they did with Jake to get him more air time.
sterlicious
AG
PatAg said:

sterlicious said:

Bob has a face for radio
You ever seen Paul Finebaum?
East Dallas Ag
AG
I think GXD is a downgrade from Danny, all of his recent fill-ins have been so low energy. I've thought the HL with Bob and Corby has felt somewhat forced and this feels even more forced. Could see this as the beginning of the end for Bob.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Fill-in vs 3rd guy is a different dynamic though. Good wit, not constant cloud mocking a good chunk of his listeners, etc. I think as the background guy making the occasional smartass interjection and only asked to lead a segment or two will be much more his wheelhouse
bthotugigem05
AG
I never disliked Danny like many of you. I don't actually care about Dallas sports that much and I generally tune out the HSO segments. I started liking the Ticket because it was guys who liked sports talking about stuff that wasn't sports. Danny was good at that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Other than music, what would these topics be? He seemed like a dumbass about most things
bthotugigem05
AG
It doesn't really bother me if I agree or disagree with whatever takes the hosts/producers have, I just enjoy the conversation. I'm weird.
walton91
DannyDuberstein said:

Fill-in vs 3rd guy is a different dynamic though. Good wit, not constant cloud mocking a good chunk of his listeners, etc. I think as the background guy making the occasional smartass interjection and only asked to lead a segment or two will be much more his wheelhouse
I'm in the pro GenXDavie camp. He has good chemistry with Corby and seems like he's always willing to push the on-air envelope when it comes to borderline jokes and quips. One of my favorite Ticket shows was the Orphanage so I'm glad he's the one taking Danny's spot. I can't imagine who they would have put there if Davie turned them down. Not sure there is much yuk monkey material left on their bench
dave94
AG
This whole deal reeks of Cat and Corby just bringing their buddy in. They don't need another 50-something perspective/sense of humor. That's why Jake has been such a welcome addition to the hosts. And this is coming from someone in their demographic.

Plus, Dave Lane doesn't bring all that much to the table anyway.
powerbelly
AG
dave94 said:

This whole deal reeks of Cat and Corby just bringing their buddy in.
I think Cat is the biggest part of the problem. He has never had to recruit talent (outside of convincing Bob and Dan to stay I guess). The fact that he isn't more focused on building a bench is astounding.
First Page Last Page
Page 385 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.