Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,227 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by J.P. 03
AgLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Aside from Sorta, *******s of Soul, Sparrows, etc, Danny's solo album "Too Much Living" has always been a great one imo. And in particular this song. I remember vividly when he found his "country" voice and this came out. Give it a listen if you haven't before:

This. It's a great album. All That I've Done Wrong and Tethered are both highlights.
Bones08
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Aside from Sorta, *******s of Soul, Sparrows, etc, Danny's solo album "Too Much Living" has always been a great one imo. And in particular this song. I remember vividly when he found his "country" voice and this came out. Give it a listen if you haven't before:

You mentioned them but I was obsessed with Sorta during my high school years and still give Sweet Little Bay a spin every now and then. A wonderful local band from back in the day. RIP Carter (and now Trey).
AgGrad99
AG

How are these guys so confused about NIL? Their job is to cover sports, and they dont understand something that's been THE story in college sports the past couple years.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Is that a serious question?
powerbelly
AG
AgGrad99 said:

How are these guys so confused about NIL? Their job is to cover sports, and they dont understand something that's been THE story in college sports the past couple years.
You must be a new listener.
EastSideAg2002
Can't wait for college football blowhard's agreement with saban this afternoon.

"Look, I am not saying something shady is going on down there in College Station, but something shady is going on." /corby
'03ag
Saban has come out before and claimed he's never paid a kid inappropriately, and Corby just swallows it. How do people become so deluded?
powerbelly
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Can't wait for college station blowhard's agreement with saban this afternoon.

"Look, I am not saying something shady is going on down there in College Station, but something shady is going on." /corby
"Why would he even have responded unless he was guilty" /college football blowhard
Nagler
AG
Didn't know Danny had an album. Listen to it a little, I didn't hate it but I can't get over his voice being the sound of all those funny ticket songs.
Spaceship
AG
I'm guessing the logical inconsistency of Dirty Jimbo being #1 in recruiting and Spotless Saint Nick being #2 in recruiting will go right over Corby's head.
agmag90
100% expect him to say this
The Collective
AG
Looking forward to OU fan Cobra being fully against NIL and $ ruining college football.
The Collective
AG
Do we get a Gil appearance on this thread tonight? *Fingers crossed*
ftworthag02
AG
Ted Emrich used "beast feast" during pga championship update.
dcAg
I loved Jimbo's response.

Wasnt Saban the guy saying, "Bryce Young has a $1.7 million NIL and he hasn't even thrown a football in a game yet."

Jimbo alluding to what a cheater Saban has been his entire life. Saban is going to get into Lance Armstrong territory where he points fingers everywhere until guys start dropping dimes on him.

Oh, and "What We Do In The Shadows" is a top 5 comedy.
ftworthag02
AG
college football blowhard at 5:30
FincAg
AG
Poor Corby

So dumb
The Collective
AG
Does Corby really think Bama is behind on this?

The unintended consequence is that players are getting paid in a multi billion $ industry. Remember that.
EastSideAg2002
I love how its only unfair that A&M and tu set these up. No mention of ou.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Big Red Auto. Nil before Nil
bert harbinson
AG
Bob is such a great counter to the blOUhard.
The Collective
AG
bert harbinson said:

Bob is such a great counter to the blOUhard.

Didn't let him get away with the billions of $s comment. Also, I think Corby claimed that we have millions of alumni?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Did the Hang Zone talk about the Saban/Jimbo stuff at all?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I bet 90% of the posters on this thread could probably quote Corby almost verbatim without even hearing the segment.

Dude is a bitter 10 year old trapped in a 14 year old's body.
Decay
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I bet 90% of the posters on this thread could probably quote Corby almost verbatim without even hearing the segment.

Dude is a bitter 10 year old trapped in a 14 year old's body.

But did he do "dumb redneck" voice when portraying our fanbase
bert harbinson
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Did the Hang Zone talk about the Saban/Jimbo stuff at all?

Yes, with audio and plenty of Jimbo/Boomhauer comparisons
FTAco07
AG
My only complaint/observation about Bob was he's also not familiar with NIL stuff enough to know why Jimbo referenced breaking the law. Bob thought it was just Jimbo going unhinged without realizing Saban's accusation of inducement is technically against the law in Texas.

Other than that it was classic Corby hyperbole and arrogance vs Bob level headedness
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Corby's complaint about Indiana and Ol Miss not being able to compete was also pretty dumb.

1. They've never competed for those recruits.
2. Ol Miss has benefited if anything from the transfer portal and NIL

Also, is "collective" a new buzzword for Corby from Soonerfans (or whatever the fan site is he gets his info from)?
Chewy
AG
Maybe I'm just an old but I love when Doocy fills in for Junior. Significant upgrade in my mind.

EDIT - he came strong on Scatter Shooting.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Corby's complaint about Indiana and Ol Miss not being able to compete was also pretty dumb.

Did he really use Ole Miss as an example? We already have forgotten the Nkemdiche era, huh? I also don't want to hear about poor Ole Miss when Kiffin is driving recruits around in a Bentley. The station's college football expert should probably know things like that.

Quote:

Also, is "collective" a new buzzword for Corby from Soonerfans (or whatever the fan site is he gets his info from)?

Of course. Every CFB opinion Corby holds can be traced back to OU boards. He's a child. Hilarious from a program literally built on cheating. That Corby holds the opinion that some random school in the middle of a state with zero football talent did it without cheating their balls off for their entire history is hilarious to me. That's the kind of cognitive dissonance you get from 4th graders.

And I actually love this. When Bama and OU dorks are crying about how unfair this is just remember it's because they just lost their biggest advantage and are now playing on a level field. Deep down they know it and they don't like it.

Cry some more, dildos.
J.P. 03
AG
Chewy said:

Maybe I'm just an old but I love when Doocy fills in for Junior. Significant upgrade in my mind.

EDIT - he came strong on Scatter Shooting.
He's great to help egg on George during Muse as well.

Side note: if they don't turn Gordo's question into a drop and ask Peter King "Have you ever offered to buy someone a horse in exchange for an erotic massage?" at some point this fall, then whoever is running the board today deserves to be fired.
Chewy
AG
Even their college football discussion is better where it's measured rather than some wild ass jumps and assumptions.
AgGrad99
AG
I appreciate Bob pushing back. At one point, when Corby was talking about what A&M is doing, Bob slipped in an 'allegedly', and Corby immediately said, "Dude, they are". To which Bob explained you cant just say 'billions of dollars and collectives', and not have any facts/evidence to back that up.

He harped on the fact that "A&M was way way out ahead of everyone else" in this regard, but again...not one single fact to back that up. I wish Bob would have asked for specifics....in what way is A&M ahead? What exactly did they do that others didnt? Who controls the collective? Who's contributed? How much? How does that compare with other schools? He would not be able to answer one single question about the crap he's assuming and repeating.

Corby kept harping on the idea of 'Collective', but like Bob pointed out, what's the difference? Your QB is getting 2 million a year to play for Bama...who cares if it comes from alums who contributed to a collective, or random individual alums? It's the same thing...one is just more organized than the other.

Corby's entire premise boiled down to the fact it's A&M dominating. He thinks we should be on the same tier as Indiana and Ole Miss, and shouldn't be beating the likes of Bama.
Decay
AG
I caught the beginning of the Musers discussing it. Glad we didn't have to suffer through Junior's imitation of Corby and Doocy seemed pretty even keel. However they still missed discussing how Saban claims Bama paid zero plays. It's pretty important context for why it wasn't just a "he said mean things" spat.
MW03
AG
Seemed like the Hardline was pretty fair. I am convinced that Saban was speaking intentionally so as not to allege cheating, but intimate cheating. I appreciated Corby making it a point to say that A&M was just doing it better than everyone else, but completely within the rules, and I appreciated Bob pointing out that Saban's vernacular was specifically chosen to allege cheating without actually doing it.
First Page Last Page
Page 368 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.