Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,103 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by J.P. 03
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shake voice Cobra
Goldie Wilson
'03ag said:

Chewy said:

For a guy that says he's not bitter he sure sounds bitter.
Agreed. It's not a matter of spots. He's not a host talent. I'm genuinely shocked to hear he even thought it was a possibility.
Right. He's not a talent and never really put in much effort. Not sure what he was expecting
Legal Custodian
AG
I gotta think even if the same money Sirois would take the position. It kinda fits his lifestyle it sounds like.

Plus its not gonna hamper him being the "next guy up".
Chewy
AG
Think Bob agrees "this is a weird adulthood job"?

This whole discussion between Corby and Danny is weird. Just seems to show how out of touch and sheltered they've been in their jobs.

They're radio hosts. Sure, lots of people enjoy them but at the end of the day they're radio hosts.
Just Tired
one down... wish corby would hit road.
AW 1880
AG
2004 Danny was great.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Orphanage Danny and Ticket song Danny were pretty dam good. Outside of that, he didn't bring a ton. I'll miss funny Danny, but those appearances have been few and far between recently.
AG
Any idea what Balis makes as I'm listening to him on the app?
Tobias Funke
AG
Kinda surprised by all the Danny hate. I've always really liked him.

Gotta think Jake getting 12-3 was a wake up call for him and started the clock. He shouldn't have gotten that spot but still don't blame him at all for bailing
Chewy
AG
I don't think anyone hates Danny. I think there's a group of us that remembers a Hardline that rivaled anything on The Ticket. It was truly kick ass.

Corby and Danny were damn good in doses while Grego and Mike did the heavy lifting. When Grego left it kind of exposed Danny and Corby struggling to do the heavy lifting. When Mike checked out it proved it even more.

Wish him the best but for him to say he's not bitter while sounding bitter is weird.

I used to end my work weeks in the truck in the driveway listening to the Reconsider Lounge. His made up bands were always a great way to start the weekend.

He certainly had his place and I'll always appreciate him for that.
InternetFan02
AG
Corby says he's had a few weeks to come to grips with this...so I'll assume this all tracks on the timeline with Jake's contract negotiations? Danny emphasized many times that he was tired of being undervalued
Just Tired
corby with a shot at rhynes. something like we carried a heavy load with absolutely no help for a long long time.
bthotugigem05
AG
Chewy said:

Think Bob agrees "this is a weird adulthood job"?

This whole discussion between Corby and Danny is weird. Just seems to show how out of touch and sheltered they've been in their jobs.

They're radio hosts. Sure, lots of people enjoy them but at the end of the day they're radio hosts.

It's part of their "is" becoming part of their "was" after a couple of decades working together almost every day. It's sad for many listeners for the same reason.
Demasiado
AG
If sirois leaves I will never forgive cumulus!
Spaceship
AG
I have no ill will towards Danny and a lot of folks have said he's a really nice guy. I just don't think he's got any on-air radio talent, especially for a station as big as the Ticket.

My dream would be for Sirois to move to the Hardline but it would be much smarter for him to take over for Norm one day soon. It'll be interesting to see what the Hardline does because the right replacement could be a major upgrade for the show.

I do wish Danny well, but I don't think advancement in radio is in his future.
bthotugigem05
AG
So I think basically it was him feeling like he should be paid like a host for what he contributed but Cumulus insisted on paying him like a producer.
AW 1880
AG
Danny was a great producer and was a big part of old Hardline chemistry. When they started giving him more airtime, it was obvious that he was not host material.
Chewy
AG
Fully agree if Danny was just getting Producer money and nothing more he was getting fooked. Talented or not as a host he was doing the work of a host and deserves fair compensation.

Welcome to Corporate America though. Sometimes you got to leave your current position to stop getting fooked. They'll fook you until you do.
bert harbinson
AG
"Danny in Lake Highlands" got much more out of this than he could have ever imagined. Talented musician who delivers pizza, to producer of a major market drive time show. As Greggo would say, he contributed, but I never thought of him as host material. Hope his other plans work out, and he doesn't regret this down the road.
AG
https://www.salary.com/job/cumulus-media/producer/j202205092021406084754

Quote:

CUMULUS MEDIA | Dallas, TX is searching for an experienced Producer for KTCK-AM/FM ("The Ticket"). We strive to hire people who are passionate about radio, driven, resourceful and problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success. The successful candidate knows we work in the entertainment business and takes pride in the success of their On-Air talent. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, is a self-starter, and highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment. Must be available to work some nights, weekends or holidays as needed or even on short notice from time to time. This is NOT an on-air position, nor are on-air contributions expected or required.

double aught
AG
Just Tired said:

corby with a shot at rhynes. something like we carried a heavy load with absolutely no help for a long long time.
I caught this too. Then he said thanks to Bob for being there. It's true. But I'm kind of surprised he said it.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Flake boy just rejoined Cumulous at KSCS, maybe they could get him as Hardline producer and him and Dan could fight during WTDS. I miss those fights.
AW 1880
AG
After Greggo left, Corby and Dan dismissed Rhynes and jumped all over him pretty frequently. I think that was a big part of his give up.
AgGrad99
AG
When Greggo left, and Corby stepped up, it was still ok. Not as good as it was, but good.

But the last year or so Mike, and after he left...the Hardline was a whip to listen too. A big part of that was the big bag of nothing that Danny brought. When Bob came in, things were better. But Danny still chimed in way too much, killing interesting conversations between Bob and Corby. And the Pig pen was always a punch out.

He seems liked a great dude, and was a decent producer...but I'm looking forward to them upgrading the show.
The Pilot
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Flake boy just rejoined Cumulous at KSCS, maybe they could get him as Hardline producer and him and Dan could fight during WTDS. I miss those fights.

Kirby would s himself if we had two ags on the hardline. Let's do it.
double aught
AG
I liked Gribble when he was on the Ticket, but aside from maybe Scoops Callahan, I haven't missed him in the slightest.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I used to be a big P1 when I lived in Dallas and first met Danny in 2003 at the original Barley House and have had countless encounters with him at bars or at shows over the years and have always liked him. Big fan of many of his musical projects as well. I lurk this thread from time to time and am always surprised by the amount of dislike I see for him.

I never give my opinion because it's worthless anyway and I haven't listened to the Ticket much in the past 5-7 years or so and in just reading it seems like he's not what he once was.

I will say I was shocked when I heard this news today from several regular listener friends of mine. Then I saw this and cracked up. He went from pizza delivery guy to landing a small gig at the Ticket which turned into something big over a long period of time and he goes out with this. It's just too perfect:

johnnyblaze36
AG
And I guess it may have been mentioned on air today it sounds like but I saw this earlier today as well. Always loved the Hammer. Hope he gets better:

DannyDuberstein
AG
double aught said:

I liked Gribble when he was on the Ticket, but aside from maybe Scoops Callahan, I haven't missed him in the slightest.

I thought Gribble was great as a producer. The dude is a tireless grinder in that regard, complete opposite of Danny. And with ideas like Scoops and the Gabby Urinator, he was basically willing to sacrifice himself for content. But that said, he was also a pretty weird dude so frequently cringy on air.

IMO Danny's legacy is basically a lazy producer and too frequently a dark cloud on air, with occasional moments of one-liner gold or quality original songs. Definitely had his moments where he shined, but also left you wondering what he did to help the show outside of 3-7. Format basically never changed, and when he gets an opportunity with PigPen, he basically turned it into a "what's on Mike's mind?" type mail in.
PatAg
AG
I went from listening to the Hardline every day to barely tuning in to it for the last 6 months. Don't think I am the only one.
I understand the need to progress forward in your career, but he is not cut out to be a host.
Don't think Corby is either, but that ship is long gone.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Aside from Sorta, *******s of Soul, Sparrows, etc, Danny's solo album "Too Much Living" has always been a great one imo. And in particular this song. I remember vividly when he found his "country" voice and this came out. Give it a listen if you haven't before:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I can't take it seriously. I keep waiting for a punchline.
bthotugigem05
AG
Not one mention of metal bats
Mozart Paintings
AG
Hincemm said:

J.P. 03 said:

I don't care how many enemies I make on this thread for telling the truth, but the Crazy Prospector has never been and will never be funny to me.

This is how I feel about the ticket mouse. Come at me.
Damn how can you not like the ticket mouse..... whip out them tig ole bitties
Buford Tannen
AG
I drove bus said:

Hincemm said:

J.P. 03 said:

I don't care how many enemies I make on this thread for telling the truth, but the Crazy Prospector has never been and will never be funny to me.

This is how I feel about the ticket mouse. Come at me.
Damn how can you not like the ticket mouse..... whip out them tig ole bitties
I was laughing so hard at that I couldn't breathe.
First Page Last Page
Page 367 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.