Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,247,108 Views | 19982 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ScoopsCalla
MavsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They signed with the fan. There's an old WTDS during summer bash where Dan almost cries and tells Mike he's his leader. That got the cat out of the bag and the P1s mobilized and got Cumulus to get their crap together.
AgGrad99
AG
I just remember them holding out, for a better contract, and at the same time were being wooed by the fan.

If they'd signed, I don't think they could have come back. They'd have had a contract.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They didn't sign or hold out. They strongly considered signing with the fan when their ticket contracts were expiring, but they stayed. It was also basically over before the listener even knew. There was no "keep BAD radio" campaign
ac04
dan goes into detail about how that whole thing went down around 1:27 into this episode of tony's DWTS podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/s30e09/id1586497191?i=1000542422196

the gist of it is that going into the final week of their contract, the ticket offered them a pay cut to re-sign despite being #1 in ratings. the fan then offered each of them $100k more than they were making. at summer bash time was nearly up to reach a deal with cumulus and everyone pretty much expected them to leave, to the point where they were basically saying goodbye at the end of that event.

ultimately bob and dan realized they owed much of their success to the other hosts and didn't want to leave, so they wound up signing a new 5 year deal at the last minute that was actually a pay cut in year one but then bumped them up each year after.
AgGrad99
AG
They didnt miss any days?
ac04
i think they missed the monday after summer bash.
AgGrad99
AG
On a different note, the Musers discussion of the mask mandate was funny.

They poke fun of people who haven't gotten the Vaccine. But then say they haven't gotten their booster and admit that the effectiveness of their initial vax has waned. So, how are those two different at this point?

They agreed that ending the mask mandate makes sense, because no one likes it, and those who want to wear it still can. Welcome to 2 years ago.

Junior saying that the new strain is contagious, but has very mild symptoms...and then following that up by saying he's going to wait until it gets bad to take the 4th shot for it. Gordo made me laugh when he called that the 'pull out method'.
Hincemm
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Junior saying that the new strain is contagious, but has very mild symptoms...and then following that up by saying he's going to wait until it gets bad to take the 4th shot for it. Gordo made me laugh when he called that the 'pull out method'.

junior said he guesses he could go along with the lack of mandate. what a beta
Hincemm
AG
luka/fake greggo in rehab...greatness.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They missed Monday but had already agreed in principle to an extension with the ticket over the weekend. If I recall, it was chalked up to just needing a moment after a long, emotional weekend. Although it's possible that official paperwork was still needing to be finalized since they were technically expired as of Sunday, but their narrative was that they just needed a day to catch their breath.
AgGrad99
AG
It was probably all just an April Fools bit
Chewy
AG
I wonder if that was all planned or they really had technical difficulties and Gordo just decided to wing it.

Gordo has been on a pretty good roll with his 8:40 bits that last two weeks. His Fake Nolan last week was nails as usual. Calling Ruth a GLF was uncomfortable but hilarious. Then he repurposed Norm's Choose Energy spot with Fake Jerry and BlockChain.

When he's on he's on.
C1NRB
AG
Chewy said:

I wonder if that was all planned or they really had technical difficulties and Gordo just decided to wing it.
I think the technical issues were real. There was the overly-calm, long pauses-between-call-attempts that aren't scripted. Gordon was probably frantically waving at George/Jer and/or writing a note saying, "We'll do it LIVE!" as second call attempt wouldn't go through.

We'll know for sure Friday morning.
Spaceship
AG
Anyone catch/remember the name of the Tom Petty song George played during musical Musers today? It's killing me. Thanks.
Hincemm
AG
Gordo is an uber planner...the bit (greggo) was planned, the technical difficulties were not.
Just Tired
Hincemm said:

Gordo is an uber planner...the bit (greggo) was planned, the technical difficulties were not.
not sure what his side gig has to do with it.
Ervin Burrell
AG
C1NRB said:

Chewy said:

I think the technical issues were real. There was the overly-calm, long pauses-between-call-attempts that aren't scripted. Gordon was probably frantically waving at George/Jer and/or writing a note saying, "We'll do it LIVE!" as second call attempt wouldn't go through.

We'll know for sure Friday morning.

This actually brings up something I've always wondered re: how they execute the 8:40 bit. I assume that Gordo leaves the room and "calls in" from elsewhere but have never thought about the possibility that they're pre-recorded.
powerbelly
AG
Gordo is in the room. No need to leave and call in
Decay
AG
powerbelly said:

This. They just put an effect on his audio.
Ervin Burrell
AG
powerbelly said:

That is obviously easiest and crossed my mind but I feel like if I were Craig and George it'd be a lot more funny if I couldn't see him (adds a slight tinge of realism to taking a call). But obviously they haven't lacked for laughs if that's the way they do it.
Chewy
AG
Spaceship said:

Anyone catch/remember the name of the Tom Petty song George played during musical Musers today? It's killing me. Thanks.
tk for tu juan
George can finally put his Spieth poster back on the wall
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Blake booked the ladies that protested the Minnesota NBA playoff games. That should be some absolutely insane radio. He's killing it with the guest bookings.
Chewy
AG
How much longer do we have to wait until someone on Twitter gives us Jub and his Jub Chain?
sterlicious
AG
They made a reference to Jake's new contract that sounded pretty real. I guess that's all it was...he has a different deal than Dan and his time came up. Let us all remember this in February/March 2025 when he re-ups
TriAg2010
AG
We can't even fix a chicken's cough?
Goldie Wilson
Anybody remember when the Musers did cereal / Lucky charms talk? I think it was a Gordo's corner sometime in the last 2-3 weeks. Trying to track down the audio
Just Tired
maybe even this week when gordo said he first learned delayed gratification by fighting through the cardboard pieces and saving the marshmallows for last.
Goldie Wilson
Ah yes yes yes I think you're right
Just Tired
larry the cable guy just had a walk up segment with the hangzone that was pretty interesting... still within the one-hour window right now.
dave94
AG
Just Tired said:

larry the cable guy just had a walk up segment with the hangzone that was pretty interesting... still within the one-hour window right now.
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that. Seems like a really good dude.

I feel like the Hang Zone is on such a roll with their interviews of late.
WC87
AG
LTCG is an awesome guy. Funny as ***** He's pigeonholed too much. That dude is hilarious and is a great person, always willing to come on, assist charity, etc.
Chewy
AG
Can't wait for Junior's full breakdown/analysis of Elon buying Twitter in the morning.

This morning Junior said he was against Elon buying Twitter because Junior feels it's going to hurt the value of Elon's other companies in which Junior is an investor.

Um, um, um…
AgGrad99
AG
Someone needs to send Gordo the leaked messages between elon and bill gates...
Demasiado
AG
Cobras kid's review of beer fest was so funny. Just the recap I played for my 11 year old had me laughing and my wife giving me the evil eye. 11 year old thought it was funny to hear a 12 year old squirm
First Page Last Page
Page 359 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.