Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,247,730 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by J.P. 03
East Dallas Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe she had a "freebie".
Stive
AG
Man…the new Chris Rock drops are going to be AWESOME.

Can't believe no one thought to pull those until early this morning.
AgGrad99
AG
Apparently Jake was holding out, because of a contract issue.

powerbelly
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Apparently Jake was holding out, because of a contract issue.

This has to be an April fools joke, right?
AgGrad99
AG
maybe. But he didnt want to comment on it, and mentioned being in Mino's seat, when Bob and Dan went through it. And that's all he'd say about it.

If there is a joke there, not sure what it is.
Hincemm
AG
it's dan and jake, so....bit
ac04
didn't sound like a joke to me at all.
Ervin Burrell
AG
I know the "so and so is out because of contract negotiations" is a bit 95% of the time, but why would/do hosts not work while they're negotiating? Do they meet some deadline and if it comes with no new contract, they have to sit out?
DannyDuberstein
AG
He hasn't been able to negotiate because he's had trouble speaking due to mouth sores.

Bit. It's all a bit.
Hincemm
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

I know the "so and so is out because of contract negotiations" is a bit 95% of the time, but why would/do hosts not work while they're negotiating? Do they meet some deadline and if it comes with no new contract, they have to sit out?
moreover....why bring it on the air?
Robert C. Christian
AG
ac04 said:

didn't sound like a joke to me at all.

I am 99% sure it was a bit. IJB was delayed this week and Jake was not on. That would not be Ticket related. Probably family related if I was to guess.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Wouldn't contract negotiations right now mean he signed like a 26 month contract? That would be a little odd wouldn't it? I guess covid could have affected that.
ac04
when he got promoted, he mentioned several times that it wasn't a big pay bump but they'd make him whole in the near future. then COVID hit and everything went to hell.

the fan just lost one of their most popular hosts, it wouldn't be surprising at all if they threw a big offer at jake and he leveraged it with cumulus. bob and dan did the same thing a while back, including missing a few shows.

did you guys actually hear the discussion in question? there was absolutely no indication it was a bit.
Hincemm
AG
ac04 said:

when he got promoted, he mentioned several times that it wasn't a big pay bump but they'd make him whole in the near future. then COVID hit and everything went to hell.

the fan just lost one of their most popular hosts, it wouldn't be surprising at all if they threw a big offer at jake and he leveraged it with cumulus. bob and dan did the same thing a while back, including missing a few shows.

did you guys actually hear the discussion in question? there was absolutely no indication it was a bit.
i did not listen to it. who did the fan lose?
ac04
jeff cavanaugh
East Dallas Ag
AG
I heard it and agree, not a bit.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jake seems like the type whose wife could be on his ass to push that career harder.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Still think it's a bit though. They just don't talk about this stuff before it happens, like when Bob and Dan nearly left years ago. If it's not a bit, then I would assume he's already signed a deal with someone else and the new station just hasn't announced yet
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Still think it's a bit though. They just don't talk about this stuff before it happens, like when Bob and Dan nearly left years ago. If it's not a bit, then I would assume he's already signed a deal with someone else and the new station just hasn't announced yet

Why would you assume he's leaving and not that he simply agreed to a new deal with the Ticket after negotiations for a few days?

Also, Jake produced / board oped / weekend hosted for years to become a host at the ticket. No way he's leaving after a couple years after being tier-3 and below for over a decade.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That's why I think it's a bit
FTAco07
AG
All it takes is a credible threat to get a whole bunch of extra money. Could definitely see 105.3 offering him a big raise and using that to get what you're worth from the ticket.
powerbelly
AG
FTAco07 said:

All it takes is a credible threat to get a whole bunch of extra money. Could definitely see 105.3 offering him a big raise and using that to get what you're worth from the ticket.
Maybe, I don't think Jake brings the listeners that bob and dan did.

You could slot Sirios in without problems.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
FTAco07 said:

I'm not saying that didn't happen. Jake has been very open about his wife making more money than him. If he was in this for the money, he would have left the Ticket a long time ago. I was just trying to say there's no way he's leaving, especially to go to The Fan. But it's very believable he leveraged an offer from them for a raise from the Ticket.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Jub starts his in studio living punishment tonight at 6 PM. Hopefully we get some good late night bits.
FTAco07
AG
Did they give any indication of late night broadcasting plans? I hope Jub is a featured guest on the Stars postgame show.
Bones08
AG
dave94
AG
FTAco07 said:

Did they give any indication of late night broadcasting plans? I hope Jub is a featured guest on the Stars postgame show.

He said he'll be on the postgame tonight and for the Mavs tomorrow!
double aught
AG
Bones08 said:

Slams deliciously.
dcAg
Isnt 103.5 a religious station now? Guys like Jake and every other host have no other current options.
powerbelly
AG
dcAg said:

Isnt 103.5 a religious station now? Guys like Jake and every other host have no other current options.
105.3 the fan is still around.

103.3 is now a religious station.
dcAg
Good call! LOL!!!
Mozart Paintings
AG
Sirois Bros, Jake and Donnie have joined Jub in studio
chupacabra tacos
AG
This is great late night radio.
FTAco07
AG
Now with Julie and Emily late night. It's a glorious 8 person s show
Phat32
AG
This is awesome
First Page Last Page
Page 356 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.