Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,007 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by J.P. 03
stew0720
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's sacrilegious, but if you tune into the eagle tomorrow sometime say between 2 and 5, you might hear a familiar voice. I could be wrong though.
AgGrad99
AG
Th Pig Pen was terrible today.

Danny was replaying all his old 'joke' tag lines and they were not funny at all. Lots of courtesy laughing from Bob.

Corby was cracking up. Can't tell if he really thinks Danny is funny or not, but nothing in that segment was not remotely funny at all...and it wouldn't end
mavsfan4ever
AG
Corny does this all the time with Danny. There's no way he thinks he's funny (bc he's not), but he cracks up uncontrollably about his dumb lines and jokes. I really don't get it bc Corby has a good sense of humor and Danny's dumb jokes shouldn't even make him chuckle, let alone crack him up.

Bob gives courtesy laughter all the time to try and make it less cringeworthy, which is the normal response.
dave94
AG
I actually like Danny generally, but I don't need him to use the Pig Pen to just replay his old tape.
AgGrad99
AG
I'm probably biased...but I'm not a Danny fan. He's just not funny at all to me, and takes forever being not funny
Legal Custodian
AG
Danny is terrible. My least favorite personality on the ticket. He can make a good song every now and again. But from a day-to-day standpoint, he is real bad.

If I had time, I would also do a study on community quick hits from when Corby did them to now that Danny does them. I swear he picks the darkest and most disturbing stories. I don't want to be driving home from work listening to that **** and just bring me down. I understand if it's a big enough story, but damn I really don't need to hear about another murder in south Dallas or a child murdered in Plano.
Phat32
AG
One of the best G Corner's ever today
AW 1880
AG
Danny was great in 2005 when he would drop a funny comment into the greatness of Mike, Greggo, and the snake.
dave94
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Danny is terrible. My least favorite personality on the ticket. He can make a good song every now and again. But from a day-to-day standpoint, he is real bad.

If I had time, I would also do a study on community quick hits from when Corby did them to now that Danny does them. I swear he picks the darkest and most disturbing stories. I don't want to be driving home from work listening to that **** and just bring me down. I understand if it's a big enough story, but damn I really don't need to hear about another murder in south Dallas or a child murdered in Plano.

I will dispute that. I prefer his take on the Community Quick Hits for that very reason. He talks about real stuff that is happening around here, and that's what I like about his version.

I would imagine that a lot of people find out about a lot of sh*t in our fair burg that they wouldn't otherwise.
Spaceship
AG
I've always been anti-Danny camp too. Probably a nice guy, but he's not funny at all and has very little broadcast entertainment/interest value. The HL would 200% better if Sirois had Danny's job.
True Anomaly
AG
stew0720 said:

I know it's sacrilegious, but if you tune into the eagle tomorrow sometime say between 2 and 5, you might hear a familiar voice. I could be wrong though.
Let's not tease the people any longer

stew0720
AG
nm
ftworthag02
AG
When Simon first came on I thought it was fake, Hawkeye
MW03
AG
ftworthag02 said:

When Simon first came on I thought it was fake, Hawkeye

Definitely sounds fake, haha
Ervin Burrell
AG
An hour of TJ Miller was…something. Can't decide whether I hate the guy or like him.
AgGrad99
AG
I enjoy the guy, and think he's funny. But he also comes off very cocky...though it's like he's unaware that he's being conceited.
True Anomaly
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I enjoy the guy, and think he's funny. But he also comes off very cocky...though it's like he's unaware that he's being conceited.
Could be why everyone else on Silicon Valley was pretty much done with him at the end of his run
The Collective
AG
I don't know why, but as I listened to Will Smith's emotional speech last night - all I could imagine was Norm saying, "In the pro bowl yesterday"...
TriAg2010
AG
Hang Zone burned the midnight oil to prep today's open.
Hincemm
AG
good to hear that kidd is sober for this interview.
Hincemm
AG
and to show you how out of touch he is, junes was pretty sure that 90% of people out there supported will smith in this whole thing. i'm pretty sure the world is in the exact opposite direction.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Not surprising. I've always just assumed that Junior also plays the roll of cuk in any relationship he's in.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Hincemm said:

good to hear that kidd is sober for this interview.
Impressive...I assume 11 AM is very early for that guy.
AgGrad99
AG
Hincemm said:

and to show you how out of touch he is, junes was pretty sure that 90% of people out there supported will smith in this whole thing. i'm pretty sure the world is in the exact opposite direction.
I thought the exact same thing when he said that.
WC87
AG
Will Smith is a disgrace.
tk for tu juan
Danny, professional psych
The Collective
AG
Danny is right.
tk for tu juan
I Have Spoken said:

Danny is right.

Yeah, he is mostly right about the dynamics involved and Will Smith's reaction after realizing Jada was not amused. Just always funny when he becomes a pro on a topic and doesn't let the others get their point in
Ervin Burrell
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Danny is right.

I think he's right too, but his "theory" is by far the most obvious/likely one so for him to set it up like he's got some insider info or a hunch no one has considered was stupid.
beagle2009
AG
Anyone kind enough to paraphrase Danny's thoughts?
AgGrad99
AG
He thinks will smith is a battered husband and scared of Jada. He thinks the tears during his speech was fear, because he's scared of her.

beagle2009
AG
Thank you!
AgGrad99
AG
I think...he reacted like he did, because he realized what a turd he was going to look like, after laughing...given her Alopecia. Once he saw her glare, he realized he shouldn't have done that, but way overcorrected.

Then he realized he messed up badly, and threw together a dumb acceptance speech to try to save himself.

I don't think it's battered spouse syndrome. Just a really bad moment.
Gomer95
AG
Musers interviewing Dwaine Caraway fresh out of prison and he said he taught a class in prison and Gordo asked "business ethics?" Hahahahaha
MW03
AG
"At the end of the day..."
First Page Last Page
Page 354 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.