Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,866 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by J.P. 03
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agmag90 said:

Earlier they were talking how Aaron Rodgers will stoke the flame rumors but then act confused when everyone is talking about him. Then they have Jenna Ryan who is a literal social media coach, was at Jan 6 and acts shocked when she's in the news. Not the same I know, just thought it was funny.
Sounds like a couple Little Red Riding Hoods.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Hincemm
AG
jake and dan having to defend the jenna ryan interview shows how woke some of their audience is.

and if you didn't see this gem from corby calling out the 'crazy gun' guy...how dumb to do to a sponsor.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
If the SHTF let it be known Corby's house is a soft target.

Brilliant move on his part.
tk for tu juan
Hincemm said:

edit. hmmm...not sure why it's not linking/showing up with preview

In the link, get rid of the question mark and everything after it
Macarthur
Hincemm said:

jake and dan having to defend the jenna ryan interview shows how woke some of their audience is.

and if you didn't see this gem from corby calling out the 'crazy gun' guy...how dumb to do to a sponsor.

I'm torn. I think she came off incredibly bad and they did a pretty good job of letting her craziness speak for itself. I do see the point of not giving her insane position a platform because her and many of those that hold her same ideals, completely missed the point that she was the butt of the joke and was shown to be the fool she is....

Ultimately, it's their show and they can choose to put on who they want. It certainly was radio gold. Those that are hammering them need to lighten up.

as for the crazy gun guy, I just don't understand why you would unnecessarily tie your business to your political beliefs. It may come as a shock to some, but there are those that are in the center and even left of center politically that own guns. I can't speak for all of them, but I wouldn't buy a gun from the guy, ever.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

I'm torn. I think she came off incredibly bad and they did a pretty good job of letting her craziness speak for itself. I do see the point of not giving her insane position a platform because her and many of those that hold her same ideals, completely missed the point that she was the butt of the joke and was shown to be the fool she is....
I dont know. You could be right, but there cant be that many people who support her, and viewed that as a platform for her ideals. She didnt really even make a point. Just kind of rambled and threw in some buzz words here and there.

No matter what side of the political spectrum you're on, I think most people recognize crazy when they see it.

And crazy makes for fun radio
Macarthur
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

I dont know. You could be right, but there cant be that many people who support her, and viewed that as a platform for her ideals. She didnt really even make a point. Just kind of rambled and threw in some buzz words here and there.

No matter what side of the political spectrum you're on, I think most people recognize crazy when they see it.

I hope you're right. And it was radio gold!
Hincemm
AG
Macarthur said:

as for the crazy gun guy, I just don't understand why you would unnecessarily tie your business to your political beliefs. It may come as a shock to some, but there are those that are in the center and even left of center politically that own guns. I can't speak for all of them, but I wouldn't buy a gun from the guy, ever.

I see what you're saying and agree about business v politics but the point is that you have a paid sponsor (and I have it on pretty good authority Thats it's likely north if 10k per month) being called out by a host of one of the shows.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Anyone have audio of the interview? Not on Top 10, yet?
https://aws2-media.usave.it/media/rec-k74h4MAO5bOeXlw55VCm.mp3
THANK YOU! /corby
Macarthur
Yeah, I think Cat will probably call Corby in and have a good talk with him. Will be interesting to see if Corby is going to 'play ball'.

I am curious though what the line is with paid advertisers. I would think everyone would turn down paid ads by NAMBLA, so where does that line fall? Where is that line (obviously diff for everyone) where something just gets too uncomfortable either ethically or politically for you to accept their advertising dollars?
bthotugigem05
AG
They brought the lady on because they had a feeling it would be good radio and it just. kept. getting. better.

Couldn't care less whether you agree or disagree with her or with DaJ, it was entertaining and there was a hilarious undercurrent of "eh F it I'll just go ahead and ask another question" that made it so great.
ftworthag02
AG
It was radio gold
Chewy
AG
If Crazy Gun Guy is spending north of $10K a month it means one of two things:

1) He believes he's getting a positive ROI so there's lots of gun listeners on The Ticket.
2) He's got more money than he knows what to do with.

My guess it's #1 since the station skews male and young with that enjoys sports.

Then again it could just be solely for Gordo to continue expanding his gun collection.
Demasiado
AG
He's in Alvarado! Who's going all the way to Timbuktu to satisfy their gun needs?
Robert C. Christian
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Listening to interview and Jake's take on IJB afterwards. I don't really see an issue with the interview. And oh my gosh, yes, crazy makes for great radio.

I agree with Jake's IJB take that "No one who listened is switching sides based on the interview". For the people who cried about giving her a platform there were also plenty of times Dan and Jake pushed back on some of her takes:

• What about all the other marches (Million Man, Million Woman) that have been able to do so peacefully
  • "You say you've been canceled but also that business has never been better"
  • Media coach but "lucky to get 2-3 likes per post
  • "My best friend was a black girl" "Bingo!" - Jake
  • "There were only two injured people"; "and what about the the police officers?"

Also the line of her dyeing her hair brown for prison and the comment "Well white and blonde thing didn't work out" was pretty good too.
Legal Custodian
AG
Did anyone else hear the musers this morning about texting their text line for a chance to win some suite tickets to a stars game with Bib and Corby?

They said to listen to the hardline.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
At the start of the show Corby said they were giving away Stars tickets during the show, but I didn't catch when / what segment.
Demasiado
AG
The secret word was the very unusual "hockey"
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Say what you want about Corby, but he and Shaq are pure gold and have been for years.
AgLaw
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Say what you want about Corby, but he and Shaq are pure gold and have been for years.
Did Corby show up at Shaq's presser? There was one a few years ago where Corby was hiding when he started asking his question. As soon as he started talking, Shaq recognized his voice and started cracking up.
clobby
AG
"My best friend was a black girl".
WC87
AG
Corby is an idiot for dissing a sponsor. But nothing will happen to him.

Chewy
AG
Y'all think Mr. Aikens gonna give Bob any of that mad skrilla he just signed for?
AgLaw
AG
clobby said:

"My best friend was a black girl".

Jake's subtle "Bingo" right after was genius.
tk for tu juan
Wow the CNN air raid siren to Applebees commercial transition
Legal Custodian
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Hilarious.

***Blaring Air Sirens***......."And a little bit of chicken fried"
double aught
AG
Plus the Joy Behar take that they played just prior. She's most upset that this may disrupt her trip to Italy.
FincAg
AG
The truckers have always had Loves and Flying J, ect.
hoosier-daddy
tk for tu juan said:

Missed that segment & wondered why they kept playing bits of that song.
TriAg2010
AG
Legal Custodian said:

tk for tu juan said:

Hilarious.

***Blaring Air Sirens***......."And a little bit of chicken fried"

It's not quite "Paul in.. uhm..," but it should be a lasting drop.
Mozart Paintings
AG
And in today's….. sad story

And a little bit of chicken fried
Just Tired
WC87 said:

Corby is an idiot for dissing a sponsor. But nothing will happen to him.

"Corby is an idiot..." captures the essence... anything after is just filler.
Just Tired
not sure jake couldn't take rousey if you limited it to boxing. might rather try her than the minimum weight champ.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Just Tired said:

not sure jake couldn't take rousey if you limited it to boxing. might rather try her than the minimum weight champ.

Didn't hear the segment...was the question if Jake could take Rousey in a boxing or MMA fight? She would **** him up either way. Did you see the video of him at fight night a couple years ago? She would destroy him haha.
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.