Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,973 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by J.P. 03
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
752bro4 said:

Roughly 25 hours into the story being dropped and I am already very beaten by the story.
Agree. But it's a "scandal", it involves the number 1 sports news subject in the market, and the other sports rolling right now don't really have a ton of excitement surrounding anything they're doing at the moment, so they're going to beat every single figment of life out of this thing they can get for 48 hours.
Hincemm
AG
Hz is pretty fun today
J.P. 03
AG
Stive said:

752bro4 said:

Roughly 25 hours into the story being dropped and I am already very beaten by the story.
Agree. But it's a "scandal", it involves the number 1 sports news subject in the market, and the other sports rolling right now don't really have a ton of excitement surrounding anything they're doing at the moment, so they're going to beat every single figment of life out of this thing they can get for 48 hours.
I went from intrigued to beaten down very quickly as well, but they're interviewing the author right now and when Bob asked him if this was "the story" or just the tip of the iceberg, he said he'd already had others reach out to him with more leads to pursue. Also mentioned that if any of the cheerleaders get subpoenaed, they can break their NDAs and share the full story. So this thing might not be going away any time soon.
dcAg
I put that schedule together and sent it to Bob.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Corby keeps thinking they are going to take away or severely restrict NIL. Not happening dude. The NCAA ended up letting this get to the Supreme Court. Now their hands are tied. The current limits are all they have
Jeff99
I was dying laughing at that segment.

I felt sincerely bad for Todd Blackledge (and Corby), who seems genuinely confused and frightened by what's happening with NIL. Anyone who says "I'm in favor of players getting paid a little, BUT..." isn't really in favor of college players being paid. The term "white privilege" gets overused but claiming players' earning potential should be limited in some misguided nod to competitive balance or protect your feelings is definitely some sort of "privilege." There is nothing worse than the meathead who claims to be a small-government capitalist, but wants NIL sanctioned.

As DannyDuberstein says, the Genie is out of the bottle. No one is stepping up to regulate or "fix" NIL. So, you better get used to it and stop being angry that 18 year old college kids are making more than you. Poor Corby.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If anything goes away, it's the freebie transfer rule that they just implemented and do control. But NIL? Nope.
Hincemm
AG
Jeff99 said:

As DannyDuberstein says, the Genie is out of the bottle. No one is stepping up to regulate or "fix" NIL. So, you better get used to it and stop being angry that 18 year old college kids are making more than you. Poor Corby.
i agree that it's not going away but i also think it will calm down (and deals will not be as 'sweet').

kids like ewers gettings 7 figures before taking a snap (and then transferring) will probably die down a bit.

just my take, and i admit i could be wrong
Gomer95
AG
Has anyone ever been to Ticketstock? If so, do you get to meet or talk with the hosts at all? Like do they walk around and mingle with the P1s when they are not broadcasting?
bthotugigem05
AG
Hincemm said:

Jeff99 said:

i agree that it's not going away but i also think it will calm down (and deals will not be as 'sweet').

kids like ewers gettings 7 figures before taking a snap (and then transferring) will probably die down a bit.

just my take, and i admit i could be wrong
I think everyone overestimates the amount of these NIL deals. The one I signed with one of our starting players was for a very reasonable amount and he said it was the largest he had signed so far.
Hincemm
AG
just a slight humblebrag...
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Gomer95 said:

Has anyone ever been to Ticketstock? If so, do you get to meet or talk with the hosts at all? Like do they walk around and mingle with the P1s when they are not broadcasting?

This is such a foreign concept to me.
powerbelly
AG
Gomer95 said:

I went once in highschool.

It honestly was weird. The hosts were definitely not interacting with the common man. Most people there seemed to make the ticket their whole personality.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I went on a Friday night in maybe 2000 or 2001. I knew I'd crossed a new threshold when as soon as I got out of the car, I see listeners walking in wearing Ticket baseball jerseys with "P1" on the back. We stayed for maybe half of the Timewasters then bailed
Bones08
AG
I went to a few Ticket events back in the day, including Ticketstock. The only one I've ever really had a good time at was a Ticket Fight Night (and I may have just gotten lucky and picked a good year).
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Jeez - this Jenna Ryan interview is wild, not sure what I was expecting.
AggieFactor
AG
I am absolutely loving it because you can tell it is just driving Jake nuts with her opinions on the capital and covid.
dave94
AG
Ohmygod, she's a social media coach.!

She is so unaware.
Hincemm
AG
dave94 said:

Ohmygod, she's a social media coach.!

She is so unaware.
is she? she's getting the attention (and presumably business) she wants from all of this.
agmag90
"I'm not a violent person…I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in 10 years"
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
AggieFactor said:

I am absolutely loving it because you can tell it is just driving Jake nuts with her opinions on the capital and covid.
She unironically called it Omnicron, just like Rosengarden.
Ervin Burrell
AG
AggieFactor said:

I think Dan and Jake are more just subtly laughing at her, and she's completely oblivious to it...she's getting attention though so she couldn't care less. This type of guest is in Jake's wheelhouse and he probably pushed more than anyone else for Blake to book her.
tejas_ayanem
This gal is crazy.
ftworthag02
Ervin Burrell
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

AggieFactor said:

She unironically called it Omnicron, just like Rosengarden.
There's no way that's a word.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
She's claiming she was being religiously persecuted. She might literally be insane. This is some wild radio.
bthotugigem05
AG
Hangzone is the best show on the Ticket right now, their interviews are gold
Hincemm
AG
if you buy or sell a house with her or vote for her, then you deserve what you get.
The Pilot
AG
Her voice.
ftworthag02
AG
I can't imagine her showing us houses all weekend long. I would be out after the first 10mins
The Pilot
AG
Jenna is a victim in all this, yet business is booming supposedly.
tk for tu juan
Like OMG guys, everything I say like totally goes viral.
WC87
AG
She's out there, but she has every right to be out there. Do I agree she was politically persecuted, to an extent yes, but hey, don't put yourself in that position. I'd like to see antifa rioters who destroy gov property treated the same but that's not going to happen. Which is the real story imo. I have no issues at all with her getting 60 days. Seems excessive but she did it to herself.
agmag90
Earlier they were talking how Aaron Rodgers will stoke the flame rumors but then act confused when everyone is talking about him. Then they have Jenna Ryan who is a literal social media coach, was at Jan 6 and acts shocked when she's in the news. Not the same I know, just thought it was funny.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone have audio of the interview? Not on Top 10, yet?
First Page Last Page
Page 347 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.