Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,245,514 Views | 19969 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by gabehcoud
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're lame af. That's why they're mocked. The audio from last night is unlistenable, and I can't imagine trying to watch it.
True Anomaly
AG
dave94 said:

They're lame af. That's why they're mocked. The audio from last night is unlistenable, and I can't imagine trying to watch it.
Finally, a voice of reason
East Dallas Ag
AG
They're not for you. Old men complaining about wholesome content for 6-12 year olds is what is lame AF.
AgGrad99
AG
dave94 said:

But again, you're not the audience. Young kids are. They aren't lame to kids. They are fun
bert harbinson
AG
Here's all you need to know, Dan's an ass. And Jake is an all-things-Aggie hating ass.
MavsAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Bob crapping on Jimbo in one tweet for his usage of WR's, then less than an hour later showing WR's open downfield available for big plays.
Two things can be true at once. So Haynes makes a few more throws and we beat App State by 4? I wouldn't say that's a huge win for Jimbo's system.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
dave94 said:

Can't wait to hear your take on Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig.
hoosier-daddy
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

dave94 said:

Can't wait to hear your take on Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig.
Get that trash out of here and give me some Bluey
dave94
AG
If y'all think that Amazon is going to dedicate an entire broadcast feed for just the kids to watch you're insane. And the DP guys are not just trying to have children as their audience. They think they're funny & entertaining & cool (and are rich for it, so credit there).

I definitely enjoyed their bit when they first came out. Some real fun stuff, and then combining with Manziel during his heyday was awesome.

But now, ten years later, they're closer to Corby's mockery than anything that interests most people.
AgGrad99
AG
Of course they are. They saw how successful the Nickelodeon broadcast was and wanted to duplicate it a few times this year.

Rudyjax
AG
Class of 94 means 50 year old grump Lu person.
WC87
AG
Dude Perfect is lame AF.

Dude Perfect's target audience is an 8 to 16 year old.

Both statements can be true to the tune of millions of dollars and views.

I love Corby's imitation quite honestly. Now do the OU Rufneks.

And this is just another idiotic Jake take. If he is that shallow to not get he's not in the target audience I can't help him.
dave94
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Of course they are. They saw how successful the Nickelodeon broadcast was and wanted to duplicate it a few times this year.

Nickelodeon is a kids network. They had a built in audience, and did great numbers. I think this is different and would be interested to see the actual numbers, but like one of the guys said. I doubt we'll get a real breakdown.

I am curious to see if this does make more appearances throughout the season.
dave94
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

I may be old, but I'm still able to recognize that even though they have a zillion YouTube followers, that doesn't mean they're cool. Do you think Kidz Bop is cool too?
double aught
AG
For young kids? Yes.

It's a basic concept.
Rudyjax
AG
dave94 said:

Ken Scarborough said:

I may be old, but I'm still able to recognize that even though they have a zillion YouTube followers, that doesn't mean they're cool. Do you think Kidz Bop is cool too?
You're embarrassing our class with your old man-ness.

dave94
AG
I don't hate them by any means, lol. I just agree they can be made fun of for the cringe. That's it. I don't think the fightin class of '94 is being embarrassed by that, but okay.

Why are y'all so offended by that?

ETA: I hate Corby too, but his duuuude perfect bit is funny
East Dallas Ag
AG
So wait..we have a (presumably) class of '94 and '87 hating on some '11s who have made multi-millions while being unabashed Aggies and Christians (whether that matters to you or not it does translate into reliable, clean content) all because you think what they do is lame? I'm just trying to understand the lense you are viewing these guys through that would cause you to be critical of what they do. As a father of a 10 year old boy, these guys are literally rock stars, and rock stars who pump up A&M any chance they get. Raising a child in the Youtube era (fyi old guys, kids dont watch TV) has its own challenges, knowing they put out nothing but clean content that typically encourages competition while showing good sportsmanship...I couldnt be more proud that these guys are Aggies. So I guess yell at the clouds because you dont like (get) what they do, but these guys couldnt be better representatives of our university or as far as celebrities go, role models for our kids.
MW03
AG
We watch a lot of good good golf and dude perfect at my house. It's entertaining enough for me, engaging for the boy (6 years old) and I never have to worry about what's being said or done on the screen. In this current age of weirdo crap online, both are absolute godsends.

What I don't get is the point of tearing any of it down. That's the weird thing from the ticket guys. They don't make fun of Kidz Bop or any of the other stuff aimed at children. But yeah, let's rag on dude perfect for being lame and have people think we're cool because we make fun of stuff that isn't designed for us and doesn't care what we think.

Meanwhile, those dudes are going to rep A&M on a national broadcast and sell 20,000 tickets to their next live event.
dave94
AG
Wow. No one is taking up some campaign to just sh*t all over these guys. Or saying they aren't good people or anything. We're just talking about laughing when the sports radio station we all listen to makes fun of it. I laugh when they make fun of the midnight yell videos too, because you know what? We can laugh at our own ridiculousness when it's warranted. Or we should anyway.

It doesn't take away from anything those guys do, please don't make this so serious.

I'm an Aggie through and through and love when we get national attention when a Von Miller or anyone hypes us up. But when we deserve to catch some sh*t talking, bring it on.

And I'm glad the kids enjoy Dude Perfect. That's great.

Anyway, take this to the Dude Perfect thread, let's get back to talking about how we miss Sirois and Corby sucks.

PatAg
AG
East Dallas Ag said:

So wait..we have a (presumably) class of '94 and '87 hating on some '11s who have made multi-millions while being unabashed Aggies and Christians (whether that matters to you or not it does translate into reliable, clean content) all because you think what they do is lame? I'm just trying to understand the lense you are viewing these guys through that would cause you to be critical of what they do. As a father of a 10 year old boy, these guys are literally rock stars, and rock stars who pump up A&M any chance they get. Raising a child in the Youtube era (fyi old guys, kids dont watch TV) has its own challenges, knowing they put out nothing but clean content that typically encourages competition while showing good sportsmanship...I couldnt be more proud that these guys are Aggies. So I guess yell at the clouds because you dont like (get) what they do, but these guys couldnt be better representatives of our university or as far as celebrities go, role models for our kids.
I do have a question about this whole "dude perfect nfl broadcast"... are you going to put that broadcast on over the actual game for your kids to watch?
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Stive said:

Oh for sure. Miami could lose and Jake still wins. It was just funny that he wanted so bad to laugh at the spread not being enough when in reality we're favored.

We only scored 17 and somehow covered the 5.5. Poor Jake.
The Pilot
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Stive said:

Oh for sure. Miami could lose and Jake still wins. It was just funny that he wanted so bad to laugh at the spread not being enough when in reality we're favored.

Jake is 0-5 after the college games this wk.
The Pilot
AG
The Pilot said:

Stive said:

0-6, I missed his wildcard
Trajan88
AG
End of Summer 2019 visiting family in NJ... asked if I wanted to join them (incl. 2 nieces and nephew) in seeing the Dude Perfect traveling show at Newark's Prudential Center (where the Devils play)... all I knew was Dude Perfect had videos of trick shots ... I was curious how that would translate to a live "concert".

That arena was packed full of screaming kids and happy parents. I was more amazed at that live event than any pro hockey / basketball or rock concert I'd seen.

That DP show made the cash register ring.

Demasiado
AG
The Pilot said:

The Pilot said:

Stive said:

That's awesome! Put his ass on the bus
Coates
dave94 said:

If there's anything to mock or be embarrassed of it's the yell leaders, can we get rid of them yet?
'03ag
I'm 0% embarrassed by the Yell Leaders.
Rudyjax
AG
Trajan88 said:

End of Summer 2019 visiting family in NJ... asked if I wanted to join them (incl. 2 nieces and nephew) in seeing the Dude Perfect traveling show at Newark's Prudential Center (where the Devils play)... all I knew was Dude Perfect had videos of trick shots ... I was curious how that would translate to a live "concert".

That arena was packed full of screaming kids and happy parents. I was more amazed at that live event than any pro hockey / basketball or rock concert I'd seen.

That DP show made the cash register ring.

What do they do in the live show?
Just Tired
The Pilot said:

The Pilot said:

Stive said:

"I'm goin' down to the Greyhound Station
Gonna buy a ticket to ride
I'm gonna find that lady with two or three kids
And sit down by her side
Ride till the sun comes up and down
Around about two or three times
Smokin' cigarettes in the last seat
Try to hide my sorrow from the people I meet"
Decay
AG
Jimbo has his faults but that dude owns Miami. Like 9-1 against them now I think
AgFB
AG
I think bob is on track to go 0-10
MW03
AG
Jake is 2-6 after taking:
Nebraska +11 (L)
UTSA +12.5 (L)
Miami +5.5 (L) (triple play)
Detroit -2 (W)
Miami +3.5 (W)
Cincy -7.5 (?)
Minnesota +2 (?)
North Texas +2.5 (L)

Bob is 1-7 after taking:
Nebraska +11 (L)
UTSA +12.5 (L)
Miami +5.5 (L)
Washington +2 (L)
Miami +3.5 (W)
Dallas +7.5 (?)
Philly -2 (?)
KCC -4 (L) (triple play)

AgFB
AG
Got ya. Thanks. Guess his tweet was at the half of the Miami game.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The fact he took Miami as a triple play thinking it was -5.5 is even better. Remove your emotions and hate from your picks, idiot
First Page Last Page
Page 412 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.