Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,249,523 Views | 19987 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by chupacabra tacos
Bunbury
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TC's toast to unemployment was so awesome. I have no idea how he makes his finances work with a kid, some sort of home ownership in lower greenville, etc. But I love hearing how much he loves embracing the 'welfare queen' status.
AggieFactor
AG
The guy got in REALLY early on bitcoin, I believe he is doing just fine long term. It is just a matter of how much he wants to let go of at any time to get him from job to job.
clobby
AG
I wonder if Jake got low balled on his new host contract and the next in liners saw they weren't going to get the big pay day they hoped for, so they bailed.
Robert C. Christian
AG
tk for tu juan
Tech just hit the ugliest field goal…perfect end to the tribute
Mozart Paintings
AG
Stay hard Sirois
Goldie Wilson
HEY **** FACES YOUVE HEARD OF THE TRUSTED LAB
C1NRB
AG
The best ender ever:
"So what ever happened to the Fate of Man?"
"Oh, well actually there's a story..."
Summer Bash is coming to you. P1s in the middle of June...
Ol Jock 99
AG
Anybody going to see the Hardline at Vector Brewing today? I going to try.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Anybody going to see the Hardline at Vector Brewing today? I going to try.

No Bob. Beer was still good.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
On Gordo's twitch Sirois said he made less than $45K as Norm and D producer. And left because of money. We all probably knew that, but after 15 years at the ticket that's a tiny salary.
tk for tu juan
Forgot this was on. $45k, yeah that is low for what he provided to the station. He is riled up now, haha
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

On Gordo's twitch Sirois said he made less than $45K as Norm and D producer. And left because of money. We all probably knew that, but after 15 years at the ticket that's a tiny salary.

IMO that is an embarrassing indictment of Cat and Dan Bennett given they essentially made these on-air roles. Basically just exploiting talent. Now I get they don't have unlimited Cumulus funding and Sirois chose to stay for as long as he did, but FFS, you can scrape out another $30-40k somewhere. I lead a large team at a Fortune 100 (bragging montage), and I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing I was screwing someone like that. You find a way to fix it and cut something else. Blaming "cumulus" is a cop-put. It is in your power to fix
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Jeez - now Sirois is confirming that Jer makes way less than he did. He's getting lubed up and it's very entertaining.
Decay
AG

Jeez - now Sirois is confirming that Jer makes way less than he did. He's getting lubed up and it's very entertaining.

These *******s were practically volunteering to be there
tk for tu juan
How much time do you think Gordo spent adjusting the settings on his camera? Pretty good balance of shadows and highlights for a black & white image
Decay
AG
tk for tu juan said:

How much time do you think Gordo spent adjusting the settings on his camera? Pretty good balance of shadows and highlights for a black & white image

That man is an auteur
PatAg
AG

So 45k just for Norm and D producer, then some extra for working weekends and any other shows
Jeff99
This is getting tense.
tk for tu juan
Jer probably wishes they would discuss someone else for awhile
Jeff99
Gordon can't bring himself to say "I get paid more because no one is tuning in to listen to Jerr."
PatAg
AG
I think George, and the other big names on the Ticket, are just lying to themselves if they think they are guiltless in how little other people on the Ticket make. He may not have ever asked how much they make, but he definitely has a good idea of the range.
I don't think anyone says they should have to sacrifice their own salaries, but if they arent careful they are definitely going to keep losing talent. And one day, they are going to have multiple hosts retire with no backup plan.
And, if you want to pretend that you care about your team, maybe you should go to bat for your talented support crew. $45k is a joke for what Mike provided to the station
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Gordo clearly wishes he had stopped the stream about an hour earlier. It's been getting harder to listen to by the minute.
Jeff99
I tend to think Sirois making $45K is Cumulus issue not valuing up and coming talent, not a Gordo/George issue.
Jeff99
By the way, I remember hearing from mutual friends that Expo made $8/hr. Of course, that was 15+ years ago. Doesn't sound like things have changed much for non-Tier 1 talent.
Legal Custodian
AG
Well any hope I had of Sirois coming back down the road when Norm retires is out the window
FTAco07
AG
Anyone know of a recording anywhere? I totally forgot about the twitch last night.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Nm…. I had bad info
The Pilot
AG
Carlo4
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Sirois leaving the Ticket, last day tomorrow.

I stop listening for a week and Mike is gone?!?!? He was the BEST at that station. Reading that he was paid like a Texas Tech Dominos driver makes me angry.

He will succeed and be a joy at whatever he does in life.

Phat32
AG
What do we think the hosts make?
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I think that I read that Greg was paid the most of the tier one hosts back when he was on the Hardline and it was in the $500k range. So, I'm guessing they all make more than that now, with maybe the exception for Jake. (Norm might say "we. do. not. make. $500k.")
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hard for me to guess what they are making because of how drastically media has changed. Podcasts, satellite, etc is now competing for the same listeners as terrestrial radio. Then the impact of covid. I think traditional radio and tv talent have taken a step back. When Dale Hansen retired last year, he said he was making about 1/3 of what his peak salary was. I don't think these guys have seen anything like that, but big picture, ad revenue is being spread around a lot more formats now
DannyDuberstein
AG
And that last hour got REALLY tense where he was basically putting Gordo on the spot for not stepping up for Jeremy and the pittance he makes.
bthotugigem05
AG
No chance the hosts are pulling in a half mil apiece. During Greggo's era, before streaming? Sure. Radio is a dying market, the Ticket is the best of what's left but I'd bet Jake is barely breaking six figs with maybe Corby being the only non-Muser to break 200.

They get a lot of fringe benefits, like demo vehicles from some of their advertising partners I'm sure, but I doubt they're making anywhere near what they were even 10 years ago.
First Page Last Page
Page 378 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.