Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,249,040 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by J.P. 03
hoosier-daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sirios to HL makes alot of sense
txag2008
AG
Sirios leaving is my guess
AgGrad99
AG
Leaving the station, or their show?

I'd guess it's norm retiring and Sirios stepping in. Can't remember what it was, but Danny said something when he was quitting, that made me think Mike was stepping into a full time role soon.

Second guess would be him to the HL for now. Which would be Awesome. They need to beef up their drive time show.
ftworthag02
AG
My bet is sirios going to hardline for the time being and when norm retires that he goes back to host w/ donnie
DannyDuberstein
AG
ftworthag02 said:

My bet is sirios going to hardline for the time being and when norm retires that he goes back to host w/ donnie

This is what I'm thinking. He's a huge asset to Norm&D right now, but that drive time slot is 2x the time and a lot more valuable to ratings. He's far and away their best talent to take the 3rd seat until Norm hangs them up or keels over during a Kentucky Derby fantasy call
AgGrad99
AG
He would instantly make the HL so fun
FincAg
AG
My guess is they have chosen who will replace Danny, but no not Mike.
bthotugigem05
AG
I don't see why they would make an announcement during N&D that didn't involve someone on that show.
DannyDuberstein
AG
FincAg said:

My guess is they have chosen who will replace Danny, but no not Mike.

So what do you think the 10:15 announcement would be? Not gonna be non-Mike HL producer
txag2008
AG
A source that called Danny leaving is saying the same for the sea cow. Hope it's not true.
PatAg
AG
I think they should just give Sirois co-host with Donny, and Norm can be like host-emeritus or something along those lines
DannyDuberstein
AG
txag2008 said:

A source that called Danny leaving is saying the same for the sea cow. Hope it's not true.

This would really, really suck, but I can believe it. Just in general in business, sometimes folks leaving is contagious. And Sirois is the type of personality who has to have a million connections. He probably has all sorts of random opportunities that come up
hoosier-daddy
he gone

double aught
AG
Why do you say that? I don't understand his tweet.
TexasAggie008
AG
Guessing that 3-7 on a fulltime basis isn't any more family time-friendly than noon-3 was for Julie.....but if it could somehow work, she'd be a great Danny-replacement too IMO.

Either way - would also bet that when Norm retires they do more than just make it the Donnie/Sirois 10-noon show....Maybe something like, say, starting and ending the Musers a tad later (6 to 1030?) - starting the Hangzone earlier (11?) - and making Donnie/Sirois a part of those ensembles.

Could be over thinking it due to just about every single one of us being completely wrong about the results of the last shake-up (Bob to HL / Jake to midday)....we shall see.
Nagler
AG
I don't think the Musers are at the stage in their career that they have any interest in working later.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Nagler said:

I don't think the Musers are at the stage in their career that they have any interest in working later.

Right. Now BAD Radio was briefly 10-3 in the very early days, but I don't see Dan being down for a 5 hour shift anymore either.
hoosier-daddy
double aught said:

Why do you say that? I don't understand his tweet.

He crossed out "Major Station" meaning this only involves Mike imo.
The Pilot
AG
It's definitely about Mike.
txag2008
AG
txag2008 said:

Sirios gonna leave soon to go work full-time with Cash (this wasn't announced, just speculation)
TexasAggie008
AG
Sleeping an hour later would be the incentive I'd think...but yeah, total speculation for sure.

Maybe this all will lead to TC's triumphant return...Third time is a charm, right????
Bones08
AG
Ragonk?
The Collective
AG
Sucks for Donnie if Mike goes to the drive. I can't imagine having to work with Norm without Sirois.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Man, if Sirois leaves without ever becoming a full time host that's a major fail by cumulus/the Ticket. He has more on-air talent than anyone on the station and has been my favorite on-air personality for a long time. He instantly makes any segment of any show he's on gold (even when paired with dry dock duds). Don't blame him if he's leaving at this point but it would suck.

I'm guessing he's just moving the HL temporarily.
The Collective
AG
Hoping for an, "in the pro bowl yesterday" drop during the segment.
Nagler
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Man, if Sirois leaves without ever becoming a full time host that's a major fail by cumulus/the Ticket. He has more on-air talent than anyone on the station and has been my favorite on-air personality for a long time. He instantly makes any segment of any show he's on gold (even when paired with dry dock duds). Don't blame him if he's leaving at this point but it would suck.

Simmer down Mike.
walton91
mavsfan4ever said:

I can't imagine Mike and Cash would be re-tweeting the announcement if Mike was leaving the station. Most likely either Mike to HL or Mike elevated to a 3rd host on Norm and D
'03ag
walton91 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I can't imagine Mike and Cash would be re-tweeting the announcement if Mike was leaving the station. Most likely either Mike to HL or Mike elevated to a 3rd host on Norm and D
That would go over well with Danny
dcAg
Cumulus is cheap. These moves are about opportunity and $$$.
PatAg
AG
I think Sirois' tweet with major station crossed out was a reference to the announcement tweet for Danny

Hincemm
AG
'03ag said:

walton91 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

That would go over well with Danny
one has a lot of on-air talent. the other is a decent musician.
MW03
AG
Ha, first thing out of the blocks is Norm saying he's back in studio in mid-June.
The Pilot
AG
DAMN NORM.
PatAg
AG
wow
bthotugigem05
AG
Sirois leaving the Ticket, last day tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 375 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.