Metroplex
Sponsored by

If your commute was to the Harwood district

921 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by jpd301
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the furthest out you'd be willing to move?

I know this is pretty subjective. Assume commute is 5 days a week. Right now our commute is about 16 (anywhere from 25 minutes -1hour) miles from Carrollton/Addison area.
jpd301
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wouldn't be willing to go much further than you already are honestly.
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not further than you are.
3rd Platoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What time will you be arriving and leaving for work? That might also dictate possibilities as you could avoid the worst of traffic and have a reasonable commute from Plano/Frisco/Allen. Again, it DEPENDS, but it's worth considering.
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
different times. One person between 7/730 and the other around 9 in the morning. Anywhere from 5-7 in the evenings.

It's just hard not to get woo'd by the new builds and bigger plots further out. We are just casually looking right now, but there's not a ton available that fit what we are looking for.
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would (and do) live closer than you and I wouldn't move any farther out
Gigem_94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I used to commute to that area from carrolton/plano area close to Hebron high school and it wasn't too bad. And it seems like the longer you commute from any area, the more you get used to it. There are some nice homes in this area.
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And IMO, not all drive times are the same. 45 mins to go 10 miles in heavy traffic is different than 45 minutes for 35 miles.
BIMS O1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of the largest keys tong term happiness is a short job commute. Less than 20-30 minutes ideally. You never get that time back. I would live close to the toll road no further north than Frankfurt.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jackrabbit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BIMS O1 said:

One of the largest keys tong term happiness is a short job commute. Less than 20-30 minutes ideally. You never get that time back. I would live close to the toll road no further north than Frankfurt.


Maybe for some people and maybe like the prior poster said about whether your time is spent in traffic or flying down the freeway.
I live on n Tarrant County and generally have a relatively easy 40 minute drive which I don't mind at all as I consider it "me time" …
Now if I get stuck behind a wreck that is a different story
akaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frankfurt, Frankford, all the same
jpd301
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jackrabbit said:

BIMS O1 said:

One of the largest keys tong term happiness is a short job commute. Less than 20-30 minutes ideally. You never get that time back. I would live close to the toll road no further north than Frankfurt.


Maybe for some people and maybe like the prior poster said about whether your time is spent in traffic or flying down the freeway.
I live on n Tarrant County and generally have a relatively easy 40 minute drive which I don't mind at all as I consider it "me time" …
Now if I get stuck behind a wreck that is a different story

Its the variability of the freeway commute that bothers me. I have a 10 mile drive. I don't have to take the freeway unless I really want to. If I take the freeway its about 18 minutes door to door if there are no crashes. If there is a bad crash it could take an hour, or like the fluke time an 18 wheeler flipped, 3.5 hours. That variability is a chore.

If I take the surface streets I have multiple options and the drive is about 24 minutes, every day, morning, noon, middle of the night, its about the same length of time every day. The way I see it, the longer the drive, the more dependent you are on the freeways/tollways for long journey travel, and that variability and risk of bigger delays grows. Not knowing if today will take 35 minutes or 60 minutes every day would drive me crazy and thus my vote for not going further out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.