Metroplex
Sponsored by

Bugle player for Taps

1,551 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie1944s Kid
ENG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any contacts for someone to play taps at a memorial service? I would prefer an Ag.
91AggieLawyer
AG
When and where? I know an Aggie band trumpet player. Don't know if he can do it but I can ask.

Contact me at skh (underscore) 91 at hotmail. (no spaces)
TequilaMockingbird
Your local VFW may know of one.
wbt5845
AG
You can also try Bugles Across America

https://www.buglesacrossamerica.org/

I used to play for them occasionally, but only do so for $ now.
ENG
AG
Email sent
ENG
AG
Would you be interested?
Jack Ruby
Was the deceased ever in the service? All servicemembers are entitled to a military honors funeral with at least a folded flag and bugle player. Maybe look into that?
Ark03
AG
Jack Ruby said:

Was the deceased ever in the service? All servicemembers are entitled to a military honors funeral with at least a folded flag and bugle player. Maybe look into that?
All service members are entitled to at least a two-person military detail to present a flag and play taps. It is usually played on a recording - there is no obligation for the military to provide an in-person bugler.
Jack Ruby
Correct, I forgot to mention 99% of the time it is an electronic device that plays it. Still sounds real though.
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
There was a two person military detail when dad died. One played taps on a actual bugle(not recorded) and the other presented the flag to mom. The funeral home arranged it so that might be a place to look.
Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.