Metroplex
Sponsored by

2022 DCAD

10,908 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 752bro4
GarlandAg2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up 31% in Lakewood. Weirdly my lot is down about 10%
They changed the methodology for my lot, it used to be just a flat valuation and now is $/sf. Structure is 2.43x what it was last year. Total BS.
CoppellAg93
AG
Guess I'm in the next wave - value is still the same and this year should be a re-evaluation year based on my trend (2018, 2020).

Waiting with baited breath.
powerbelly
AG
25% increase in Lake Highlands.
riverrataggie
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

They changed the methodology for my lot, it used to be just a flat valuation and now is $/sf. Structure is 2.43x what it was last year. Total BS.

They did this to me 5 years ago. But inverse of what you are saying likely due to the size of our lot and having creek. Our lot is now 48/sq ft and improvement dropped considerably. Sucks Bc land is harder to fight.
powerbelly
AG
riverrataggie said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

They did this to me 5 years ago. But inverse of what you are saying likely due to the size of our lot and having creek. Our lot is now 48/sq ft and improvement dropped considerably. Sucks Bc land is harder to fight.
Yep. I always want the increase to be in the house. It is almost impossible to argue land valuation.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Ditto. They flipped the values between land improvement on us in 2019 or 2020.

Aholes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
big increase here. shiat.

Time to fight again. What are they going to do with the extra money? Our county / city services suck and continue to suck.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
riverrataggie
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Time to fight again. What are they going to do with the extra money? Our county / city services suck and continue to suck.

My recycling was missed yesterday and I just hit a huge pothole on abrams. I submitted a 311 report and asked if the city could perform the services now that they increased property taxes.
Stive
AG
riverrataggie said:

My recycling was missed yesterday and I just hit a huge pothole on abrams. I submitted a 311 report and asked if the city could perform the services now that they increased property taxes.

They haven't increased them yet. This week's announcement had little to nothing to do with your tax rate.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

Lol. Not even kidding...one of the reasons (albeit a minor one) we moved out of East Dallas was because my wife was sick and tired of the horrific roads over there. I was constantly needing tire and wheel repairs on my old car when we lived there.
riverrataggie
AG
Stive said:

riverrataggie said:

They haven't increased them yet. This week's announcement had little to nothing to do with your tax rate.

Looks like I found the 311 worker. They have the same sense of humor as you.
Stive
AG
Nah, just someone that likes poking a little fun at people that think they got their new tax statement this week.

I've never heard of a 311 report until you mentioned it…but good luck with your trash and potholes.
BIMS O1
AG
What will the city do with increased taxes?

Pay the city manager, judge clay, and minority no bid contractors substantially more.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My appraised market value went up ~30% from last year. I've been set up so my max taxable appraised value should still be way, way, way below that appraised market value. We really should sell and move further out right now while prices are stupid.
powerbelly
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

My appraised market value went up ~30% from last year. I've been set up so my max taxable appraised value should still be way, way, way below that appraised market value. We really should sell and move further out right now while prices are stupid.

Prices are even more stupid further out
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
powerbelly said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

A good example is the quarter acre lots where I am north of frisco in a new subdivision in the middle of a farmers field have been valued at $165K by Collin CAD. This is for dirt in the middle of a corn field a mile away from where the DNT expansion is supposed to happen. I
YouBet
AG
Red Pear DFW Luke said:

powerbelly said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

A good example is the quarter acre lots where I am north of frisco in a new subdivision in the middle of a farmers field have been valued at $165K by Collin CAD. This is for dirt in the middle of a corn field a mile away from where the DNT expansion is supposed to happen. I
It really is wild that me living in North Dallas is essentially priced out of moving to the suburbs. Lol.

When I say priced out, I really mean that the cost gap has closed to the point that it almost makes zero financial sense to move out of Dallas to try and save money. I would be taking on similar cost and adding to my wife's commute.

Only way it makes sense for us to sell is if we are completely leaving North Texas.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
YouBet said:

Red Pear DFW Luke said:

powerbelly said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

It really is wild that me living in North Dallas is essentially priced out of moving to the suburbs. Lol.

When I say priced out, I really mean that the cost gap has closed to the point that it almost makes zero financial sense to move out of Dallas to try and save money. I would be taking on similar cost and adding to my wife's commute.

Only way it makes sense for us to sell is if we are completely leaving North Texas.

I can't tell you how many times I've contemplated moving out to Glenrose or some other similar smaller outer fringe town.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I just talked with a realtor buddy about DCAD stuff.

"Max, DCAD valued our place at $XXX. I mean, I like our house, but..."
"Ol Jock, I'd list it at that, it would sell in 2 seconds, and likely get bidded up more."

In. Sane.
Fenrir
Red Pear DFW Luke said:

YouBet said:

Red Pear DFW Luke said:

powerbelly said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I can't tell you how many times I've contemplated moving out to Glenrose or some other similar smaller outer fringe town.

No stay away from the outskirts. They are awful, soul killing locales. Much better living in north Dallas county.
riverrataggie
AG
YouBet said:

Red Pear DFW Luke said:

powerbelly said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

My wife and I have already made this decision. We don't have family here and we both moved for jobs. We are fortunate, worked our butts off and have really good jobs. That said, another decade max, but will take it year by year. Have already started to make moves in real estate to get out of north Texas.
YouBet
AG
Red Pear DFW Luke said:

YouBet said:

Red Pear DFW Luke said:

powerbelly said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

That's a nice place. Honeymooned out there.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

YouBet said:

Red Pear DFW Luke said:

powerbelly said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

My wife and I have already made this decision. We don't have family here and we both moved for jobs. We are fortunate, worked our butts off and have really good jobs. That said, another decade max, but will take it year by year. Have already started to make moves in real estate to get out of north Texas.
I'm not sure what we are going to do. My wife has fully made the decision she is leaving her company though. Been talking about it for a year but she's mentally there now. Has applied for other jobs all over the damn country.

We could end up anywhere.
Goodbull_19
AG
YouBet said:

I used a firm last year for the first time which is how I got $50k knocked off. Kind of pissed I never had before.

Any recommendations on one of these firms? I just bought my house in November and got appraised for my purchase price pretty much to the dollar. Think I would still have any luck?
powerbelly
AG
Goodbull_19 said:

YouBet said:

I used a firm last year for the first time which is how I got $50k knocked off. Kind of pissed I never had before.

Any recommendations on one of these firms? I just bought my house in November and got appraised for my purchase price pretty much to the dollar. Think I would still have any luck?
No. When you purchase it is there chance to get it to market. How would you honestly argue they are wrong.
hbc07
AG
29.3% increase in Carrollton...
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
YouBet
AG
Goodbull_19 said:

YouBet said:

I used Texas Tax Protest.
AggieFactor
AG
Has anyone protested and had success even though they also had major improvements done during that last year? We did a complete overhaul of the landscape on the house in 2021, as well as a new roof and paint. Even though the market value went up 33%, the homestead cap only allowed the taxable value to increase 9.5%. We live in one of the hottest housing areas in East Dallas with everything selling well above asking which is already well above market. I just feel like this would be a fruitless endeavor.
mts6175
AG
29% in Lochwood.....
YouBet
AG
AggieFactor said:

Has anyone protested and had success even though they also had major improvements done during that last year? We did a complete overhaul of the landscape on the house in 2021, as well as a new roof and paint. Even though the market value went up 33%, the homestead cap only allowed the taxable value to increase 9.5%. We live in one of the hottest housing areas in East Dallas with everything selling well above asking which is already well above market. I just feel like this would be a fruitless endeavor.

You have nothing to lose if you have a firm do it. Fill out a couple of forms and see what they can do.
YouBet
AG
I got email from Texas Tax Protest this morning about this years filing. They are adding a new $50 surcharge due on the front end before they ever go fight it.

That's not good because that means they expect to lose most of their fights.
txag2008
AG
Most, if not all of these protest companies charge on how much they save you (20-25% of savings). Lets say that save you $50,000 on your taxable value, you would owe them $281.25 (50,000 * 2.25% (or whatever your county tax rate is) * 25%). That sound good on the surface, but they really aren't saving you money unless they get you below your 10%/yr threshold.

I guess the way to look at it is that you're not fighting for this year or maybe even next, but you're fighting for the future and the more you can keep it low now, the better position you'll be in down the road.
AggieFactor
AG
So TTP just contacted me to let me know that its a $50 deposit and it will be credited back on the final invoice, should you owe them more than that. But I do agree with you, they are protecting themselves from all the ones that are not going to be approved this year.
Ervin Burrell
AG
The homestead cap of 10%/year only takes effect the first full year after you are granted the exemption, correct? We went up almost 20% but got the homestead a couple months prior.
drewser95
AG
Changed it effective January 1, 2022 to allow homebuyers to file for homestead exemptions in the year when they purchase the property.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.