Metroplex
Sponsored by

ISO Good Tex-Mex

14,727 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chick79
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Finally got to try Lupe Tortilla's fajitas and wow those are good. So pricey we can't do it often, but I shall return.
Might be an unpopular opinion, but if Mexican food is pricey, you're doing it wrong.

Cheap mom and pop places generally are as good, if not better, than the pricey places. Arlington is crawling with these places - I'm guessing Plano and Frisco are not. It's rare I ever spend more than $20 a person, and it's usually closer to $10.
TecRecAg
AG
Eddie just opened a new place near Truck Yard Dallas
dc509
AG
The wife and I are planning to check it out.
Texker
AG
wbt5845 said:

Teacher_Ag said:

Finally got to try Lupe Tortilla's fajitas and wow those are good. So pricey we can't do it often, but I shall return.
Might be an unpopular opinion, but if Mexican food is pricey, you're doing it wrong.

Cheap mom and pop places generally are as good, if not better, than the pricey places. Arlington is crawling with these places - I'm guessing Plano and Frisco are not. It's rare I ever spend more than $20 a person, and it's usually closer to $10.
I never got around to checking them out but there's a fair number in East Plano particularly in and around the Park and Parker intersections with Ave K.
AW 1880
AG
Desperados. Two area locations - one in Richardson and one not in Richardson.
Buford Tannen
AG
In Fort Worth: The Original, Joe Ts, Los Vaqueros, Los Asaderos, Playa Maya, Enchiladas Ole, Pulidos, Dos Molinas, Esperanzas. There's also Pappasitos, Mi Co, and Uncle Julio's. On the fancier side you've got Maria's, Tinie's (which is fantastic) and the new Tim Love one, Paloma Suerte. Overlooked due to weird location but good drinks/decent brunch: Rio Mambo.
chick79
AG
Desperado's original location on Greenville in Dallas is still there. The other one is not in Richardson but Garland close to Richardson. Both are still pretty solid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.