Metroplex
Sponsored by

Flower Mound?

4,135 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Spaceship
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rubble said:

Superblood Wolfmoon said:

Rubble said:

Wheatables02 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Lantana might as well be Flower Mound.

Different school district
and apparently a massive water district tax for lantana residents

It isn't cheap, that's for sure, but it balances out (with no city taxes at all) and is fairly comparable tax-wise overall compared to FM or HV.

Plus you get to live with all the Latana people.

Is that good or bad?

Depends.
Shooter McGavin
AG

Rubble said:

Rubble said:

Wheatables02 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

It isn't cheap, that's for sure, but it balances out (with no city taxes at all) and is fairly comparable tax-wise overall compared to FM or HV.

Is that good or bad?

Depends.
^This.

I live in Lantana and it is pretty nice. Just don't read the FB pages.
Rubble
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

Rubble said:

Rubble said:

Wheatables02 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Is that good or bad?

Depends.
^This.

I do too and I agree. Don't have to read them when you don't do Facebook anymore. Unfortunately some of it has spilled over to the Nabr feed as well...
I should be studying 11
AG
Rubble said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Rubble said:

Rubble said:

Wheatables02 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Is that good or bad?

Depends.
^This.

I do too and I agree. Don't have to read them when you don't do Facebook anymore. Unfortunately some of it has spilled over to the Nabr feed as well...

Live in Lantana. Lantana Life on FB is cancer. The 1% tax sucks but isn't awful. The real kicker is the .5% fee when you sell.
DevilYack
AG
Cody helped us find our place in Bridlewood a couple of years ago and I also recommend him.

Flo-Mo is a fine place to raise kids - ours go to Marcus and we've been happy with the school for the most part. It definitely has a suburban feel to it. Fort Worth doesn't seem too far away, but we don't go into Dallas much. Frisco and South Lake are pretty close as well if you like higher end shopping and such and can't find what you want locally. Just north of town, you're into ranchette land, which makes for a nice commute. The roads are built for the final build-out of the area, but the people aren't here yet, so it feels roomy driving around.

We will probably be in touch with Cody next year to find a place a bit further out because I want to stay on the edge of the sprawl.
Spaceship
AG
DevilYack said:

Cody helped us find our place in Bridlewood a couple of years ago and I also recommend him.

Flo-Mo is a fine place to raise kids - ours go to Marcus and we've been happy with the school for the most part. It definitely has a suburban feel to it. Fort Worth doesn't seem too far away, but we don't go into Dallas much. Frisco and South Lake are pretty close as well if you like higher end shopping and such and can't find what you want locally. Just north of town, you're into ranchette land, which makes for a nice commute. The roads are built for the final build-out of the area, but the people aren't here yet, so it feels roomy driving around.

We will probably be in touch with Cody next year to find a place a bit further out because I want to stay on the edge of the sprawl.

We've been in Bridlewood for about a year as well, and we love it. While our kids are still young, we are on the Downing MS and Marcus HS path. Can you offer any additional information, experiences, etc. with Downing and Marcus? Pros and cons, etc. Thanks!
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
DevilYack said:

Thanks so much! You know I'm always here to help when you need me!
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
knoxtom
Flower mound is ok.

Schools are good. Airport is close.

Bad things are that the planes fly over your head every 90 seconds, the restaurants suck, and it takes a long time to get anywhere as it takes 20 minutes just to get to a freeway.

The weirdest part is that I lived there for 2 years and never met one next door neighbor and only met the other one once. No one really leaves their house. Maybe it was just our street.
DevilYack
AG
Our kids didn't go to a local middle school because we were out of state then. Marcus is a good school and we've been pleased with it.

Girl#2 is an AP student and there is a huge range of selections for her. She got her first AP class done as a freshman, which I understand is unusual. She only scored a 2 on AP Spanish this year, but I think that's because she was home half the semester because of COVID and I didn't ride her hard enough. There are all kinds of specialty classes such as theater and sculpture. Also lots of well-regarded extracurriculars like marching band etc. if you're into that sort of thing.

Boy#2 is autistic and in the Life Skills class. Marcus takes great care of those guys. The administration is one of the easiest to work with that I've encountered. Having two boys on the spectrum makes you appreciate that.

I have a colleague whose kids go to Dowling and he says it's great.

Cons are there are a bajillion kids at Marcus. It's a little cold feeling at times. Girl#2 often gets awards and they are interminable, and the traffic at pickup is a beast. But you're going to run into that at any 6A campus.
Rudyjax
AG
The freeways being 20 minutes away is a plus in my book.

Restaurants are ok, way better than they were 20 years ago.

Rubble
AG

This is a huge plus for me. I don't want or need to be close to any freeways.
Spaceship
AG
Rubble said:

Exactly. This is one of the reasons we chose FM.
Wheatables02
AG
Spaceship said:

Rubble said:

Yep...however I commute South and I miss my 5-7 miles of trees North of Grapevine Mills. It's all been leveled in the last year. 12 year resident of FM...
Rudyjax
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Spaceship said:

Rubble said:

Yep...however I commute South and I miss my 5-7 miles of trees North of Grapevine Mills. It's all been leveled in the last year. 12 year resident of FM...

I drive down 2499 past Lakeside about once a month. It's shocking every time I do it.
Spaceship
AG

Wheatables02 said:

Spaceship said:

Rubble said:

I drive down 2499 past Lakeside about once a month. It's shocking every time I do it.

That's my daily commute and yes it's sad to see high density housing and tilt wall warehouses at the gateway to our great town.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.