Metroplex
Sponsored by

1st lawsuit I have seen over COVID death

1,592 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Joe Schillaci 48
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/05/13/coronavirus-in-texas-mom-maurice-dotson-sues/

Pandora's Box opened.

How do we know for absolute sure the worker got it at work? What is our responsibility for taking certain risks in our employment/daily life versus having some big brother accountable for risk mitigating our every move? What does this mean for other employers whose employees have (or may) contracted COVID in the workplace?
PatAg
AG
I feel for her loss, but we shouldn't be suing over this
culdeus
AG
Greg Abbot sues the guy whose limb fell on him while running, this is par for the course. You sue people to get access to their insurance whether they were at fault or not. We live in a society where some things simply can't be accidents.
wbt5845
AG
This has been discussed on F16 at length. In short - it's really hard to prove a specific entity infected another entity. It usually has to be someone who is infected purposefully going out and engaging in reckless behavior (i.e., someone HIV + going on a sex spree).

Lawyers will know this and are looking for a pretrial settlement.
ItsA&InotA&M
ItsA&InotA&M
I believe the first case was filed by the family of a man that they claim contracted the virus at a sausage making plant (Quality Sausage Company) in west Dallas.

https://www.keranews.org/post/family-man-who-died-covid-19-suing-dallas-meat-plant
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Look, we have a ton of lawyers out of work. Who knows, some barrister could get a quick insurance settlement and get 40% of the reward.

Oh, and the family could get some too.

Easy money.

"Those ambulances don't chase themselves" Jackie Chiles, ESQ

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.