Metroplex
Sponsored by

Buy my house - Ft.Worth/Tanglewood

2,790 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Desert Ag
GBMont3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3/2, 2000 SF

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Fort-Worth/4225-Selkirk-Dr-W-76109/home/32176103?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link
riverrataggie
AG
5 dollars
GarryowenAg
AG
$10
babyshark
I see it's near the Hulen exit. $9
PlanoAg98
AG
3/2 on less than 1/2 of an acre for almost $400,000? Are the toilets gold plated? Great sex dungeon not shown in pics?
Robert C. Christian
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

3/2 on less than 1/2 of an acre for almost $400,000? Are the toilets gold plated? Great sex dungeon not shown in pics?

It has floor to ceiling mirrors right next to the dining room table. Does that count?
culdeus
AG
2300 with a formal living dining that you wouldn't spend 30 seconds in.

The actual living has the TV shoved in the corner because I guess you need a humongous fireplace.

Value is in the school zoning I guess. And maybe free white noise from hulen and 20.

Matsui
AG
I moved from that same area about 4 years ago and houses were getting close to that rate. It is a very good area.
GMM
Are you living in 2003 rural Kansas?

Housing prices have been ridiculous around here for a while now.
Proposition Joe
You won't get any noise from Hulen/20, you're buffered by another street of houses and the offramp. That area actually has some of the best access to 20/CTP/183 via Inverness Ave. You can't hear the highway, but you can be on it in less than a minute.

As for the price, you're essentially getting what amounts to 5 years of primary private school education in Tanglewood so that is what is driving the property prices around there.

A lot of the value will be dependent on what Overton Park Elementary ("Tanglewood 2") does to home values and if your child is already passed K-5.
The Collective
AG
Yea. Tanglewood Elementary is pretty valuable. The raw land over there alone would be worth a lot.
bco2003
AG
CJS4715 said:

Yea. Tanglewood Elementary is pretty valuable. The raw land over there alone would be worth a lot.
Out of curiosity, what's special about Tanglewood compared to other nearby FWISD elementary schools?

Are Mclean & Paschal middle/high schools, which this house feeds into, distinctive as well?
Proposition Joe
bco2003 said:

CJS4715 said:

Out of curiosity, what's special about Tanglewood compared to other nearby FWISD elementary schools?

Are Mclean & Paschal middle/high schools, which this house feeds into, distinctive as well?

Different sites use different ranking systems, but Tanglewood is generally considered one of the Top 50 or so elementary schools in the entire state. Your next closest ranks in the 500-700 area.

Mclean is average for Fort Worth. Paschal is one of the best public high schools in Fort Worth, but that isn't saying much -- public high schools in Fort Worth are pretty bad.

Ultimately the value in the school district lies in the tuition savings from not sending your kid to a private school for K-5. And if you've got a couple of kids, suddenly that savings on yearly tuition for 2 kids adds up to be almost a quarter of a million over a 6 year period.
wbt5845
AG
Man, I see these prices and realize my home would sell for $250,000 more than I paid for it.

But then I'd have to buy an overpriced house to live in.
Buford Tannen
AG
Tanglewood is the #10 elementary in the state or something absurd like that. You get a high concentration of HNW families that protect property values over there, high parent involvement, and the attendance lines are pretty well gerrymandered to protect all of that.
RiskManager93
AG
You'll save $18 - 20K per year, per kid by sending them to Tanglewood instead of All Saints or Country Day, and they'll get a great education.

That's the draw.

This place will sell quick at that price.
EOE
I live a street over from this house and it's a great area. The new elementary school (Overton Park Elementary) will be just as good as Tanglewood. Half the teachers from Tanglewood will move and one of Assistant Principals will move to be Principal and parent involvement will be just as strong.
BTD
Lol... elementary school rankings. Besides good, average, bad.... any more precision is so dumb.
Desert Ag
AG
Quote:

Mclean is average for Fort Worth. Paschal is one of the best public high schools in Fort Worth, but that isn't saying much -- public high schools in Fort Worth are pretty bad.
Paschal honors program is historically outstanding with 35+ AP course offerings. My youngest graduated in '14 (A&M Class of '18), and was well prepared for college.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.