Metroplex
Sponsored by

Best Margaritas in DFW

5,563 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Red Rover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rafa's fresh squeezed margarita is pretty good

Jose is too ******y for me. I'll never know if they have a good marg or not

Joe Ts margs are nasty, and this is coming from someone that would put their refrained beans, red sauce and jalapeo relish up against anyone

But culdeus nailed it. Way too easy to make at home
TXRed75
AG
La Familia on W 7th in Fort Worth has excellent margs and they're well-priced. It's in the "shopping center" in front of Chimy's. Rediscovered this gem during our tournament run last March. I need to go back. Maybe today?

And like others have said Joe T's are solid. First time I went there was in the afternoon, which I think is the best time to go. There's an actual menu. The nachos were bomb. I was solo since I knew no one here, and I was drunk-dialing friends by the middle of my second.
HBCanine08
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

For the love of god just put an el tiempo (or several) in dallas

If we could simply get that + HEBs, the puzzle would be complete
That's a good start, but you'll need a lot more Houston puzzle pieces.

For DFW margaritas: Los Molcajetes

jt2hunt
AG
Fernando's
ThatOneAg
Check out Wild Salsa in Fairview. I get the Top Tier Marg. "Ambhar reposado tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice, port wine float"

https://www.wildsalsarestaurant.com/
riverrataggie
AG
Call me crazy but I love taco joint.
double aught
AG
You are indeed crazy. Their margaritas are ok, I guess. But the food is a complete joke, some of the worst TexMex I've had. I've never understood the hype.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I can't speak to the margs at Wild Salsa, but the food is horrible. We've been twice and vowed never again. Overpriced mediocre on its best day food.

That's the second Mexican joint in that really cool building that is all show but But no go -lousy food.

Edit: I clicked the wrong post, this was for Wild Salsa.
Take the trash out staff.
Vade281
AG
The ones from La Hacienda
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
SoCalAg97
AG
Mariano's on Skillman. Self-proclaimed inventor of the frozen margarita machine. Also their jalapeno margarita (Fire and Ice) is fantastic!
Vade281
AG
Marianos and La Hacienda are the same peoples
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
ThatOneAg
Adam Ag 98 said:

I can't speak to the margs at Wild Salsa, but the food is horrible. We've been twice and vowed never again. Overpriced mediocre on its best day food.

That's the second Mexican joint in that really cool building that is all show but But no go -lousy food.

Edit: I clicked the wrong post, this was for Wild Salsa.

Good to know. We only go to the bar for hh margs and queso.
AgBQ-00
AG
Wild Salsa is not TexMex...It is a different strain of Mexican food. It is good in its own right but not good if expecting TexMex. Now their Tequila selection is really good. Good place to try different tequilas if you are feeling adventurous

ETA: Can only speak to the Ft Worth location. Never been to the dallas location
jphil1
AG
Baja in Grapevine has killer margaritas
AG'73
Red Rover
AG
SoCalAg97 said:

Mariano's on Skillman. Self-proclaimed inventor of the frozen margarita machine. Also their jalapeno margarita (Fire and Ice) is fantastic!

This. I think they are actually recognized as the real inventor of frozen margarita machine. If you like margaritas you might as well go there sometime. We eat there probably 3 times a month.

+1 for Desparados on Greenville south of Lovers. I don't like their food that much but we used to go there just for margaritas back in my younger days.

Joe Ts is good as many have said.

Javier's is a nice outing for a kid-free dinner and all of the drinks I've had there were good. I've never gone there just for drinks though.

Have not enjoyed margaritas from Mi Cocina / Taco Joint chains.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.