Metroplex
Sponsored by

I'm disappointed in Dallas

6,397 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FincAg
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nai06 said:

752bro4 said:

lawless89 said:

Yeah there used to be three or four Double Daves up here. I went to the one in Arlington probably a year ago or so and they've all closed shop since. What gives??
Weird that a pizza restaurant that wasn't very good shut down in a town full of great pizza options.
DFW doesnt have great pizza options. There are a few good shops but most pizza around here sucks.
The pizza in whatever (likely) sihtty suburb you live in may suck. Pizza in Dallas proper is great.

Cane Rosso
Fireside Pies
Eno's
Grimaldi's (though a national chain)
GAPC
Pie Tap
Old Chicago (if Deep dish is your thing)
AG
Whats wrong with plain old campisis?

Besas on the northern edge of town is good too, if you like the thicker crust.
nai06
AG
752bro4 said:

nai06 said:

752bro4 said:

lawless89 said:

Yeah there used to be three or four Double Daves up here. I went to the one in Arlington probably a year ago or so and they've all closed shop since. What gives??
Weird that a pizza restaurant that wasn't very good shut down in a town full of great pizza options.
DFW doesnt have great pizza options. There are a few good shops but most pizza around here sucks.
The pizza in whatever (likely) sihtty suburb you live in may suck. Pizza in Dallas proper is great.

Cane Rosso
Fireside Pies
Eno's
GAPC
Pie Tap

so 7 places in a city of over a million people. Not exactly a lot of great places.

AG
nai06 said:

752bro4 said:

nai06 said:

752bro4 said:

lawless89 said:

Cane Rosso
Fireside Pies
Eno's
GAPC
Pie Tap

so 7 places in a city of over a million people. Not exactly a lot of great places.

He only acknowledges areas of the city that were uninhabitable pre y2k.
752bro4
AG
I am sure there are more - those are the ones that I/we have been to and enjoy in Dallas.

Enjoy your BJ's Brewhouse and Gatti Land.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Cane Rosso location at the Star needs to work on its game. Went there a couple of weeks ago - soggy pizza and the waitress didn't put in the order for 1 of the 3 pizzas we ordered. And when alerted, it took them forever to make it. For a pizza place that claims they fired their pizzas for 90 seconds, they should have had the effer out fast. Oh, and before taking our order, our waitress tells us she needs to go get a cough drop because she has a sore throat. ****ing awesome experience.
The Pilot
AG
The Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum and White Rock are both fantastic.
Rice and Fries
DannyDuberstein said:

The Cane Rosso location at the Star needs to work on its game. Went there a couple of weeks ago - soggy pizza and the waitress didn't put in the order for 1 of the 3 pizzas we ordered. And when alerted, it took them forever to make it. For a pizza place that claims they fired their pizzas for 90 seconds, they should have had the effer out fast. Oh, and before taking our order, our waitress tells us she needs to go get a cough drop because she has a sore throat. ****ing awesome experience.
I think that actually sounds like a terrible experience.
nai06
AG
752bro4 said:

I am sure there are more - those are the ones that I/we have been to and enjoy in Dallas.

So your argument is to list more crappy pizza places? Look you can find some pretty good pizza in Dallas. Certainly not the best i've ever had but still really good. There just isn't an abundance of places like that.

double aught
AG
His argument is to be pretentious when talking about pizza, for some reason.
752bro4
AG
nai06 said:

752bro4 said:

So your argument is to list more crappy pizza places? Look you can find some pretty good pizza in Dallas. Certainly not the best i've ever had but still really good. There just isn't an abundance of places like that.

How much pizza are you eating where you would need more? Why do I need to give you more than 7 really good options? How many do you need? 10? 100? I am fine with those, and because there are those that are all relatively near me and/or deliver through Uber Eats/Door Dash, I do not frequent crappy joints like Double Dave's (or Pizza Hut/Domino's Papa John's). Even if DD hadn't gone away in DFW, I still wouldn't due to those options.

The latter two were clearly in jest, suggesting that you're stuck in suburbia hell.
dave94
AG
Pizza bullies!
Post removed:
by user
752bro4
AG
Nah, there are only 7 options in Dallas, so it doesn't require too much thought.
Ag CPA
AG
Yet another insecure Dallas guy trying to justify living with congestion, poor schools and crime, this time with pizza.
GarlandAg2012
AG
752bro4 is my leader
GarlandAg2012
AG
Ag CPA said:

Yet another insecure Dallas guy trying to justify living with congestion, poor schools and crime, this time with pizza.
Yet another suburban schmuck watching life pass him by. And a CPA to boot? Ouch.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Meant to include this emote
752bro4
AG
Ag CPA said:

Whoa, watch out. Looks like the accountant asked for the extra shot of grand marnier in his 'rita at On The Border today. Make sure that someone else drove your Odyssey home.
Bodie Broadus
GarlandAg2012
AG
Speaking of Dallas pizza, has anyone here tried recreating the iFratelli or Campisi's house italian dressing? Seems lighter in color and simpler than bottled italian and my wife and I really like it.
Post removed:
by user
mavsfan4ever
AG
It's expensive for takeout pizza, but I'm a sucker for Piggie Pie's pizza.
Gil Renard
AG
Grab a slice of pizza
FTAco07
AG
For those in the old east Dallas 'hood, Bryan Street Tavern has the pest pizza in town for my money. Great spot to watch games too.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Louie's bar has great pizza too.
gigem70
AG
Dallas has much bigger problems than no pizza rolls.
True Anomaly
AG
Some other great spots just a couple miles from where I live downtown

Tutta's in West End
Stone Deck in Deep Ellum
Olivella's in Victory
There is a Campisi's downtown that's not bad
Americano at the Joule has great smallish pizzas
Frankie's downtown is fair
Porta Di Roma is okay
There's a Coal Vines at the Omni, but haven't tried it
Vade281
AG
piola italian restaurant has a tasty pizza roll. then you have two locations of double daves...

nothing in dallas proper of course.
Garrelli 5000
AG
5th Street Pizza in Allen has the best pizza rolls I've ever eaten.
SoCalAg97
AG
Serious Pizza in Deep Ellum
TresPuertas
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Louie's bar has great pizza too.

It took way too long for this to be mentioned.
rynning
AG
There used to be a DD in Plano and another in Frisco. I think both were mismanaged. We stopped going due to quality issues, and I guess we weren't alone...
DannyDuberstein
AG
There was one at Trinity Mills and the tollway, one near Stonebriar mall (I dont think this one stayed open long at all), one in Allen at Mcdermott and 75, and one on the western end of Main in Frisco. Damn shame they are all gone.
PatAg
AG
In addition to what has been named so far, some of which are also in fort worth. Uno's in Sundance is good. Olivella's in Victory Park is great.

Arlington has Gino's East by Cowboys stadium.

THen obviously Mama's pizza through all of DFW.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.