Austin
Sponsored by

Good Steak in or around Austin.

4,298 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by austinag1997
rathAG05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dr T and the Women said:

rathAG05 said:

Come Out Roll said:

fig96 said:

Went to Carve fairly recently, food was good but cocktails were underwhelming.

With each visit, I continue to be disappointed more and more.
We've quit going, and haven't been for over a year now….

I'm with you. It's a cool restaurant with underwhelming steaks.
to be fair... Carve is the lower end restaurant from Perrys... not sure why it would be considered a go to steakhouse

Well, I went to Perry's last year for my anniversary and the steak was not good. Capital Grille has always impressed me with their steaks.
Hanrahan
AG
to clear up any confusion, Carve is out on SW parkway by movie house eatery, and kinda sucks I think. I only go when someone else really wants to go there, I would never again chose that place to eat. J Carvers is downtown and I think pretty dang good. But in all honestly it's the sides that really get me up for that place. The baked potato gnocchi is absolutely fantastic.

And yes, Red ash is kinda tough table to get, but as someone else said, don't just look at open table, it's a lot easier to get last minute by just calling them. We've gone twice since they reopened back in may or April from the fire and just calling the day of to get a table (but this wasn't a fri/sat, so prob not those days I would guess).
confucius_ag
AG
Murphy's in Winchester is right down the road from you.
JB
AG
Anyone tried City Post up in Georgetown? We've lived up here a few years and haven't tried it yet.
BurnetAggie99
JB said:

Anyone tried City Post up in Georgetown? We've lived up here a few years and haven't tried it yet.

It's pretty good. I also like Wildfire as well.
fig96
AG
JB said:

Not yet but we're not too far from there, it's on our list.
MouthBQ98
AG
Been there, and it was good.
HTownAg98
JB said:

Yes, it's very good. Bring a credit card with a high limit.
cityagboy
AG
The best steak is Jeffrey's and it's not really close. It is very expensive though

ALC is the best for the price
cityagboy
AG
rathAG05 said:

Dr T and the Women said:

rathAG05 said:

Come Out Roll said:

fig96 said:

Went to Carve fairly recently, food was good but cocktails were underwhelming.

With each visit, I continue to be disappointed more and more.
We've quit going, and haven't been for over a year now….

I'm with you. It's a cool restaurant with underwhelming steaks.
to be fair... Carve is the lower end restaurant from Perrys... not sure why it would be considered a go to steakhouse

Well, I went to Perry's last year for my anniversary and the steak was not good. Capital Grille has always impressed me with their steaks.

Perry's has been disappointing the last few times I've been. Like really disappointing.
Texmid
AG
Come to Smithville on the last Friday of the month and try my smoked prime rib. The Front Room Wine Bar, 116 Main Street, Smithville. I highly recommend making a reservation as we generally fill up. You can call 512-237-3626 to make your reservation.
austinag1997
AG
pablof said:

Steiner Ranch Steakhouse is the poster child for inconsistency . Has been for years.

Carve seems to get less impressive with each visit. Kinda given up on it.

We like Eddie V's, either location, for good eats and
drinks. Wife is more into the seafood side of the menu and I'm the meat guy!

Perry's and Bob's are great but lean toward the pricier fare. Three Forks ain't bad.

I always enjoy Steiner Ranck Steakhouse, but rarely order a steak. Great place outside in Spring and Fall.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.