Austin
Sponsored by

Primary Care doctor recs

1,530 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by dsvogel05
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I received a notice from BCBS that my primary care physician is no longer in network. The practice he is part of is closing in February. I typically only go once per year for annual checkup. Thanks
500,000ags
AG
Avoid Scott and White if you want any doctor availability. I grew up in the Temple and Waco areas, so I always went to them growing up, and also when I moved to Dallas.

Austin metro has been the worst experience. Wanted to make a first appointment, and was told to go to their online portal. Well, if you are an existing patient, tons of availability in the week. New patient, it'll take weeks.

One day I had the audacity to get sick, I was told the only place with walk-ins was in South Austin from 5-9PM. And this wasn't just for Austin proper, this was for every practice in the metro area up to Georgetown and out to Lakeway. I get there at 5:20 and the front desk person says there is no more availability. I look around the waiting room with 1 other person, and she says all the slots were taken for e-visits. Still confused about that one.

Last July, I had a skin spot I wanted to get checked out. First available dermatologist was October. 3 months. Called a local practice and was seen the next day. S&W in Austin has been a joke in my experience.
discobrob
AG
what part of town? I like my doc at Family Medicine Associates of Round Rock. All the docs are good there.
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
I've never had any problems with ARC.
pablof
I'll second ARC!
512Ag
AG
Did you go to Hutchens at Texas Sports and Family Medicine? I'm in the same boat now that they're shutting down.

I'm open to ARC. Do y'all have a specific doc recommendation? Central/North Central preferred.
stamper
AG
The two most respected Internal Medicine practices in North Central Austin are the ARC Internal Medicine Clinic at Far West and the Capital Medical Clinic. I think most all of the docs are good at these two practices.
Potcake
AG
Yep
Potcake
AG
Thanks. I'm in Brentwood so will look at those.
wadd96
AG
Dr Deborah Neitsch at Brushy Creek Family Physicians. She's Ag (early 90's.)
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
dsvogel05
AG
I'm in search of a new PCP and prefer a Dr. in Round Rock. My old PCP, is great, but his office is so busy that it takes 3-months just to get an appointment. I don't want to deal with the cattle call that is ARC. TIA
dsvogel05
AG
Brushy Creek isn't taking new patients.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.