Austin
Sponsored by

Is the area near the Independent in downtown safe?

2,064 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Keeper of The Spirits
2012heisman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a member of my extended family that is about to buy a multi-million dollar condo in the Independent. All I hear in the news is "Austin has a record murder rate two years in a row" and "Austin defunded the police". Is it safe? His realtor is telling him it is perfectly safe but how honest can someone be when they see a $60,000 payday?
Furlock Bones
AG
Yes it is safe. Dirty sixth is a mess. That's about it.
AG
It's perfectly safe. Like any other downtown area, just don't be a moron and you'll be fine.
pablof
Until it's not…..
Potcake
AG
The Fall Guy
AG
Prepare him to step on human feces.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Great part of downtown. You could live without a car in that location. Trader Joe's, the lake, Zilker, the library all within walking distance

If they are buying a multi million dollar condo I'd imagine they've done the legwork to know if they will like
Potcake
AG
Your obsession is pretty sad, maybe you need a hobby?
pablof
He's right you know.
The Fall Guy
AG
Potcake said:

Your obsession is pretty sad, maybe you need a hobby?

Hobby is telling people where the poop and urine smell is coming from
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I travel the streets of downtown 4-5 days a week and have never see human feces on the street. There are a lot of panhandlers but atleast 25% (and the most annoying/aggressive ones) are well dressed college students with tablets and try to get you to donate to some "philanthropic" cause
MaroonStain
AG
It's sewer dude's schtick.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Just stopped by for the Fall Guy and Potcake…..

Thread delivers
BQ78
AG
Your downtown must be close to campus. Go down by the ARCH plenty of poop on the streets there
Dr T and the Women
AG
We have an unit there

Very safe part of downtown

We often walk to eat from there
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mike Elko
AG
2012heisman said:

I have a member of my extended family that is about to buy a multi-million dollar condo in the Independent. All I hear in the news is "Austin has a record murder rate two years in a row" and "Austin defunded the police". Is it safe? His realtor is telling him it is perfectly safe but how honest can someone be when they see a $60,000 payday?
Interesting wording from another thread you created: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3352315/replies/63955506

From the sixth post (yours): "Terrible situation all around. Doubt he would have ever felt the need to purchase a firearm if Jose Garza didn't absolutely destroy public safety in Austin. Austin has a record murder rate two years in a row after defunding the police. Just terrible."

At least you're a consistent trolling doofus.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I'm at Frost so I am pretty close to the Arch and yet no poop
BQ78
AG
Frost Tower you say? Need to walk east about six blocks then north two. Then you'll step right into it.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
TTT
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.