Austin
Sponsored by

2nd Story Addition

1,091 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
jkm1982
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With a plan to keep growing the family, my wife and I have wondered if it's feasible to add a 2nd story to our house. We live NW on Cat Mountain and love our neighborhood and neighbors. Anyone taken on an addition to their home? Any recommendations for a builder? Thanks, Austin Ags.
Apache
AG
Call Alan Muskin, the Muskin company
Good folks & has been building for decades.

Also Mark Dawson @ Dawson-Lupul builders.
evan_aggie
AG
If I recall correctly Muskin was quoting new-builds for $350/ft 9 months ago.

I can't even imagine what the cost would be for retrofitting a house with a second story.

Good luck.
southtexasag
AG
we are in NW Austin and did this 3 years ago. We used Jacob Turner w/ Turneround Construction. 512-801-4958. We think he did a great job, still happy with everything 3 years down the road. Have referred him to several others and all have had the same experience.

Happy to discuss more if you would like.
SteveBott
AG
No good referral but just know you need a contractor with city of Austin approval experience. City hall can be a beetch if you don't know how to manage them. Good luck!
thirty-two
AG
jkm1982 said:

With a plan to keep growing the family, my wife and I have wondered if it's feasible to add a 2nd story to our house. We live NW on Cat Mountain and love our neighborhood and neighbors. Anyone taken on an addition to their home? Any recommendations for a builder? Thanks, Austin Ags.

Howdy neighbor!
Furlock Bones
AG
Adding a second story is $$$$. Can you increase the footprint of your house? That's cheaper but may not be feasible based on lot size.

I suggest getting a structural engineer out to discuss. spend a bit now to make sure you can really do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.