Austin
Sponsored by

1/1 Back Unit Advice

1,351 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by evan_aggie
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 1/1 back unit on my property on the east side near the baseball stadium and I am wondering if/how I should rent it out.

It is around 200 sqft (a little less) with no kitchen. I still need to add a kitchenette at some point. I got it plumbed but never finished it out...

Anyway what do the great folks of the Austin board think I should do with it? I had a buddy's little brother back there while he finished up school at tu, but was thinking of maybe airbnb or trying to rent it out to a business.

TIA
The Black Tinoceros
AG
I've got some snow-birding in-laws that would be very interested! Both retired, husband is super handy (could do some of the work if you wanted). rhs31@yahoo.com (Robert, C/O '02).

500,000ags
AG
200 sq ft? Man.
BlackGold
AG
500,000ags said:

200 sq ft? Man.
Yea it is quite small. It was originally built as my man cave.
CapCityAg09
If this is your homestead you can get a short term rental permit (google STR permits City of Austin) and airbnb it. There are professional short term rental management companies, but they would probably take it on after you finish the work.
evan_aggie
AG
Or you AirBnB it without a permit like 70% of ppl do
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.