Austin
Sponsored by

Weekend getaway

1,043 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife's mom said she wanted to keep our kids a few days so we are headed down to Lakeway Resort tomorrow through Sunday as a last second getaway. I know the resort doesn't have a ton to do outside of the pool and an afternoon at the spa for my wife. We've made dinner reservations already in Austin and marble falls, but can y'all suggest anything fun to check out during the down time? We live in Cleburne and neither of us have spent much time in the area. For me, literally only to watch the Ags at DKR or the drum and a field trip to the capital.
jah003
S
Jester King is out that way-ish… maybe 25 minutes away. It's a fun time. It's all outdoor but the weekend looks not super hot. A lot of other breweries and distilleries in that area as well.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I mean if I'm going to Lakeway resort with my wife I'm probably enjoying my down time lounging around the resort
wadd96
AG
Lots of breweries/wineries/distilleries in the Dripping Springs area...

Some of our faves are Treaty Oak, CL Butaud, Family Business, Fitzhugh Brewing.

The Switch in Dripping is a good place for BBQ, Pieous for Pizza.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
The Shank Ag
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I mean if I'm going to Lakeway resort with my wife I'm probably enjoying my down time lounging around the resort

Thanks for the suggestions. As to the quoted post, there's only so much pool lounging I can stand, and outside of lake views, a spa, and some time in the room, that's about all there is. My busy body will want to get out. My wife's not much of a beer fan but we may try out a winery.
MouthBQ98
AG
You have a great big lake right there. Rent something and go out on it.
The Shank Ag
Ate at Tillie's in dripping springs tonight. Pretty pretty prettyyyyy good
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
I live in Lakeway so for recommendations close to the resort…I know you said you have restaurant reservations but I recommend checking out SP Brazilian steak and Zest if you like Indian. The grove has a nice wine list, a good view and lots of hot Moms. There are some cool hiking trails (hamilton green belt, mount lakeway)around and maybe the rain has the creeks running. If you don't want to rent a boat from the marina there is a neat paddle kayak spot down past lakeway city park. My wife likes shopping at Adorn and point of origin. High Five (bowling, axe throwing, arcade, etc) is fun, but I would never take my wife there without kids. The above mention brewery's are all great but I'll shout out front yard, which is very close and very cool and they have wine.
Shanerbock06
AG
I'd also recommend 5 Soul Wine Co/ Frontyard Brewing. Brewery and winery at the same spot with a nice outdoor area and good view.

Also heard about Dreamland down in DS. May be a bit far, but looks fun!
jah003
S
Shanerbock06 said:

I'd also recommend 5 Soul Wine Co/ Frontyard Brewing. Brewery and winery at the same spot with a nice outdoor area and good view.

Also heard about Dreamland down in DS. May be a bit far, but looks fun!

Frontyard is a great spot. Plus you might see the Undertaker.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
No problem
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.