Austin
Sponsored by

Lake Austin boat ramp

1,151 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Scud Runner
Scud Runner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recs on a decent ramp to put in a boat on Lake Austin? Prefer to avoid busier public ramps because I'm a one man show with wife and 3 small kids. Any secret honey holes or semi-private pay-to-launch? Steiner Ranch is an option but would add ~45 min to my trip.
tamc91
AG
If it is a weekday, try the Walsh Landing ramp just north of the Enfield and Lake Austin Blvd. It is just up the road from the dam, Hula Hut, and Mozart's coffee. It doesn't have much parking though, so not great on the weekends.
Potcake
AG
The Quinlan Park launch in Steiner is the least busy that I know of.
AgGrad99
AG
Potcake said:

The Quinlan Park launch in Steiner is the least busy that I know of.
This was going to be my suggestion.

I havent been there in years, but in the past, we'd use this one because it was much less crowded.

I assume it's still open to the public?
BTHOB-98
tamc91 said:

If it is a weekday, try the Walsh Landing ramp just north of the Enfield and Lake Austin Blvd. It is just up the road from the dam, Hula Hut, and Mozart's coffee. It doesn't have much parking though, so not great on the weekends.

This.
MouthBQ98
AG
Never had a problem Launching at the Emma Long park boat ramp. It's just a long drive to get in there.
Scud Runner
Walsh Landing turned out to be exactly what I needed, thank you! Plenty of parking at 9am on Saturday morning and no line to launch. Was able to get out at 4pm stress free as well. The only stressful part was trying to not get swamped by the hundreds of people wake surfing everywhere. That lake had zero chill on Saturday.

Ski Shores Cafe was pretty awesome though. Great food and chill scene.
Potcake
AG
A group of us went to Ski Shores after they reopened. Used to love that place but one and done with new ownership and setup. Order by QR code and never see anyone till they run the food out, and that's all they're doing.
Scud Runner
QR code ordering was annoying but overall it wasn't that much of a drag to us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.