Austin
Sponsored by

Referrals needed. Home damage adjuster…

700 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
SteveBott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To provide my family with a professional damage report for my home in Round Rock. I was hit by the tornado and not happy with the insurance companies cost estimate. I would prefer to have my report to use as a rebuttal.

Thank you
The Silverback
AG
How bad was the damage? My advice would be to get a GC or Roofing Contractor (depending on extent of damage) to come out and give you a bid as opposed to an Independent adjuster. The contractor should do the bid for free and an adjuster would charge you to assess the damage.

The adjusters bid helps but ultimately your concern would be with the actual cost to repair/replace the damage from an actual GC. If the bid to do the repairs is substantially more than your insurance company's number then you can go back to them with that information.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Get an attorney who specializes

No one extracts dollars better and usually their fee will be covered by your policy

The insurance companies attorneys make 1k an hour they won't really listen without representation
SteveBott
AG
Thanks but this issue does not come close to attorney territory. Yet.

I have relatively a small claim, especially considering my neighbors, who got red tags and have to leave their homes. It's a matter of reimbursement now.

I have a public insurance adjuster coming Thursday. They want 10% of the payout.

We will see.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Check your policy documents, in a corporate policy "claim preparation" is often a covered expense
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.