Austin
Sponsored by

Educate me about Dripping Springs ISD

1,541 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by OregonAggie
XXXVII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My kid will be school age soon, so we are looking at all the school districts around the Austin area.

What are the pros/cons of DSISD?

Is DSISD run by crazy coronabros/karens? I'm not looking for a school that will have covid mask requirements or that has leadership what went crazy with the covid restrictions from 2020-present.
aTm papi
We moved from AISD to DSISD due to their COVID policies back in 2020. My kids were allowed to go to school without masks when all their friends in AISD were doing virtual.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2002
aggielax11
AG
Agreed. Our kids love it out here.
Christopher
Class '02

The Silverback
AG
XXXVII said:

My kid will be school age soon, so we are looking at all the school districts around the Austin area.

What are the pros/cons of DSISD?

Is DSISD run by crazy coronabros/karens? I'm not looking for a school that will have covid mask requirements or that has leadership what went crazy with the covid restrictions from 2020-present.

I think as long as you stay out of AISD you will be good. We moved from AISD to LTISD last year and best decision we ever made.
WestTexasAg
AG
How does Wimberley compare?
OregonAggie
AG
I think we got 2 of 3 contested school board spots for the anti Covid folks so I say we're doing well. The schools out here have been great in my experience and we moved from a very highly rated district in north Texas about 5 years ago. The teachers here seem to really care more.

My kids have attended middle school and also high school here, so I can't speak for elementary schools but I've heard great things.

Regarding Wimberley, my girlfriend's kids are there and she raves about the schools. That community is really cool and really allows around the sports there. I think both places would be great and I personally would choose Wimberley if my kids were in elementary and I wanted them in 1 district the whole time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.