Austin
Sponsored by

Proposing to Girlfriend soon, Need ideas for a proposal spot.

2,366 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ski-man
GoodAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to propose to my girlfriend on the first weekend of June. I am still relatively new to the Austin area and don't know of any good spots.

Ideally I would be able to:

Find a location with a great view of the hill country, a lake, or a nice sunset.
Something I can reserve ahead of time (ie a restaurant, hotel, etc.)
Can accommodate about 20 people for dinner (either at the location or somewhere nearby)

I will likely have a decent amount of family there to surprise her, so I'm not looking for something entirely too intimate.

I appreciate any suggestions that come through, thank you!
MarathonAg12
I did a saber arch under the century tree in 2012
neutics
AG
GoodAg20 said:

Looking to propose to my girlfriend on the first weekend of June. I am still relatively new to the Austin area and don't know of any good spots.

Ideally I would be able to:

Find a location with a great view of the hill country, a lake, or a nice sunset.
Something I can reserve ahead of time (ie a restaurant, hotel, etc.)
Can accommodate about 20 people for dinner (either at the location or somewhere nearby)

I will likely have a decent amount of family there to surprise her, so I'm not looking for something entirely too intimate.

I appreciate any suggestions that come through, thank you!
My only advice is to make it unique and memorable. Think treasure hunt or something special for the two of you. The hike/climb a mountain can be good if you can get somewhere semi-private and somehow arrange for someone to capture the moment via a picture (i.e. stage a family member at the top hiding in a bush).

Plenty of places in Austin like the 360 overlook or top of Mount Bonnell but those usually have a small crowd.

The most unique place in the area is probably Westcave Preserve...look it up it does NOT look like Texas at all and there is an obvious place to propose i.e. under the little waterfall/grotto at the end of the hike. Keep in mind you have to reserve the guided hike tour ahead of time and the group sizes are limited. Cost is not cheap either but this is hopefully the only time you will ever get engaged. https://westcave.org/

Good luck and congrats in advance!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Make sure if you do anything treasure hunt like that's something she'd like. My wife is not a treasure hunter, she is 5 star dinner and romantic glass of something somewhere with a view

Do something representative of you now with maybe a piece of what you hope to be in the future
neutics
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Make sure if you do anything treasure hunt like that's something she'd like. My wife is not a treasure hunter, she is 5 star dinner and romantic glass of something somewhere with a view

Do something representative of you now with maybe a piece of what you hope to be in the future

Agreed and good point! Had a friend propose in the middle of a movie at a theater once which seemed really strange/stupid but that was their thing I guess
ausag
AG
Rule #1?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Whataburger, anything more and you're setting expectations for the marriage way too high.
Bitter Old Man
AG
I'll offer up the obligatory "DON'T DO IT"

Best of luck! May yours turn out better than mine.
MarathonAg12
Khalihari Resort. Wave pool
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Bitter Old Man said:

I'll offer up the obligatory "DON'T DO IT"

Best of luck! May yours turn out better than mine.

Username checks out
MarathonAg12
50 yard line at DKR
barbacoa taco
AG
I hear the aquarium on dirty 6th is a really romantic spot

in all seriousness, you can't go wrong with Mount Bonnell
dsvogel05
AG
I proposed to my wife at the Pennybacker bridge overlook on a Sunday morning.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/VbRZhSCdu74NXAkE8
HECUBUS
AG
Mount Bonnell - proposal or not, it will be permanent if you take her there. No idea if it's still got the mojo, but worked for me back in '84-ish. I've got pictures of The new Pennybacker bridge with no traffic on 360 and very few homes on Lake Austin from that day.
The Fall Guy
AG
Del Valle. Most romantic place in the Austin Metro area
Btron
AG
We went to a winery outside of Inks Lake State Park. Beautiful sunset on a hill and fairly smaller place. Could easily hold your crew. But about an hour north of Austin.
TxAgg07
AG
I proposed to my wife at Mount Bonnell. Great views and I found a photographer that could be there to take photos, I just let him know in advance what time we'd be there and what I was wearing so he could find us.
MarathonAg12
Century Tree. College Station.

Austin is ass my dude…..I live in RR.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I didn't realize some many CTs had wives or atleast attempted to have a wife
ausag
AG
Not to derail thread.... All good after tornado from last week?
MarathonAg12
ausag said:

Not to derail thread.... All good after tornado from last week?

All good from my house. Unfortunately 10 mins east has considerable damage. Round Rock is really coming together as a city to take care of those impacted. Lots of volunteers out here.
aggielax11
AG
Lake Austin, down from penny backer bridge
Christopher
Class '02

DD88
AG
You could take the Hill Country Flyer:

https://www.austinsteamtrain.org/
ski-man
AG
Mt. Bonnell
Let's go ski-man!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.