Austin
Sponsored by

South Austin sprinkler repair?

1,249 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 09Ag
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My control panel appears to be fried. I guess the last thunderstorm system that came through did it in. Anybody have any recommendations for someone who will actually return a call and show up?

aggielax48
AG
Austex installed our system and they did a good job. They were responsive to a warranty repair call.

I was impressed with Wilson. I didn't go with them bc they were quite a bit higher but another option. Also they are north Austin but I don't think it really matters.
CapCity12thMan
AG
buy a Rachio and DIY it. 15 minute effort.
09Ag
AG
I really liked using Dave Adikes when I was living in south Austin. Nice guy, very responsive, and a lot cheaper than what I pay now in Georgetown. I can give you his number if you want.
stardustag
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

I second this recommendation. Really isn't all that difficult to do. Plus with Rachio, you can control it from your phone and do fancy scheduling.
CapCity12thMan
AG
yeah you just replicate the wire config from the old one into the Rachio - that's it. Hint: take a pic of the old as a guide.
KT 90
AG
09Ag said:

I really liked using Dave Adikes when I was living in south Austin. Nice guy, very responsive, and a lot cheaper than what I pay now in Georgetown. I can give you his number if you want.
Thanks. I have somebody lined up to come out, but if that doesn't work out I may check in with you on this.

KT 90
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

I may pay too much, but I've got somebody coming out. The whole thing is fried, needs to be replace and reprogrammed. I'm sure it'll be a several hour effort at a minimum (for me anyway... ). My weekends are full with Aggie football/college football and my kids baseball, so I'll probably just take the hit and pay for it to get it done right.

I may check into it tonight and read up online about this though. I could always cancel my appt,,

CapCity12thMan
AG
how many zones do you have?

https://support.rachio.com/en_us/rachio-3-quick-start-guide-HJdUwU1Kw

post a pic of what you have now, showing the wiring into the device. If it is a simple 8 or 16 zone setup you could do this at halftime of the aggie game.

All you're gonna do is move the colored wires as they are in the original into the Rachio...see mine before/after

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Then get everything programmed using the Rachio app on your phone. If you can TexAgs, you can do this. Worse case scenario, you try it and learn some things. If it doesn't work or you bail on the idea then you call someone...since it will take them < 30 minutes, I would hand the guy $20 cash and say thanks. Everything's negotiable.
KT 90
AG
Thank you for the pics! I will give this a shot. Don't really need to watch right now anyway and I can have some time to look into it and get something ordered and delivered.
SMidgett87
AG
09Ag said:

I would like Dave Adikes' number please. The two guys I used to use -- 1 moved to a different city, the other was too busy to help me last time.
[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/bpilcik/secede.jpg[/img]
09Ag
AG
I'll PM it to you now
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.