Austin
Sponsored by

Anyone concerned about RRISD re implementing mask mandates?

12,932 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ReloadAg
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Even the reporters are just getting screenshots of the order apparently.
discobrob
AG
It's a real shame when you can't be heard because you aren't allowed to be present. The irony is thick.
discobrob
AG
They didn't let people in the doors and raised taxes. The stories just write themselves sometimes.
ReloadAg
AG
This school board is pure trash lead by a scumbag superintendent.
Troy91
AG
It is an ex parte TRO. That should not be news to RRISD. You get served after the fact on ex parte TROs and can appear at the next hearing which is held within 14 days.

Some PR flack who thinks they know the law wrote that.

Here is a hint for RRISD: Most judges only issue ex parte TROs when the case is extremely easy to decide.
Charpie
AG
Doesn't matter. They got an appeals court to issue a stay
Troy91
AG
And that means that a SC request for stay is coming.

Amazing that RRISD was able to figure this out without being served.
discobrob
AG
TEA changed their guidance. RRISD was relying partly on TEA guidance and now TEA says you cannot require masks. Haha
Aggieangler93
AG
There is already a TEA monitor in place with these folks. I can only hope they are all dismissed soon. Even lifetime beaureacrats would be an improvement from what I have seen. It's rather embarrassing how they behave.

Eta...their on again off again flip flopping mask mandate appears to be on again. I am starting to think that they believe if they can take up another 6 Mos with more mask mandates, they won't have to do any actual work of accomplishing anything in the schools. They haven't gotten a single damn thing done of consequence.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
BadMoonRisin
AG
LMAO. I just got a class dojo from my kids 1st grade teacher:

"Costume day is tomorrow!! Remember to wear appropriate shoes for school & no costume masks or weapons. Cant wait to see everyone!"

Let that sink in. On the only day where masks should be worn to an elementary school, COSTUME masks are prohibited...but not cloth masks!

TrUsT tHe ScIeNcE.

Masks made of t-shirt type material that get washed once a month at best are like some sort of magic talisman for these weird ass people.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
ReloadAg
AG
My daughter is the only one in her kindergarten class that doesn't wear a mask and my third grader says most of her class doesn't wear masks. All this crap is so freaking stupid. Just wait until we have to fight with the district about vax mandates because you can bet these idiots will try to implement that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.