Austin
Sponsored by

Moving to Round Rock next month

4,953 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgOutsideAustin
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Besides the taxes, tell me great things about Brushy Creek MUD.

I've lived in military housing the last 10 years so trust me, this is better.

I have a 2 year old and 5 year old and the wife will be working in Cedar Park.

I enjoy sharing my collection of good bourbon, smoking cigars and watching Aggie Football.

Looking for any other dads in the area who may want to bro out.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Can't attest to the MUD or living there. But I spent a lot of time near Avery ranch and brushy creek. It's a great area. I really enjoyed living in cedar park. It's very clean and there are tons of parks and trails. Everything you need is along 1431 and 1890 ranch. I think you'll enjoy it. Where are you moving from?
BQ08
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I enjoy sharing my collection of good bourbon, smoking cigars and watching Aggie Football.

Awesome area; you know exactly where your HOA dues go. Lots of good events they put on (Hairy Man Festival, Bat Fest, Easter activities, BBQ Cookoffs). Nice trails in the area for biking and jogging (if you're trying to avoid the post-ETS gut) and centrally located. My soon to be wife lived in the area, and loved it. We live in Siena now.

Out of curiosity, what unit are you in? I was in 3D ACR and 2BDE, 1CD. ETS'ed in DEC2018, still play weekend warrior.
MarathonAg12
BQ08 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Awesome area; you know exactly where your HOA dues go. Lots of good events they put on (Hairy Man Festival, Bat Fest, Easter activities, BBQ Cookoffs). Nice trails in the area for biking and jogging (if you're trying to avoid the post-ETS gut) and centrally located. My soon to be wife lived in the area, and loved it. We live in Siena now.

Out of curiosity, what unit are you in? I was in 3D ACR and 2BDE, 1CD. ETS'ed in DEC2018, still play weekend warrior.

Been stationed here a couple times. But I'm leaving HHBN, III Corps. I will also be playing weekend warrior out of reserve unit in San Antonio while attending grad school!
Shanerbock06
AG
I live in the Cat Hollow neighborhood of BCMUD. Great area, especially with little ones! Let me know when you get here and we can have glass of whisky and cigar to welcome you to the area - Easy to find on social media - Shane Danner
wargograw
I'm a dad and I'll smoke a cigar with ya. I'm in Manor.
maverick2076
The YMCA in Cedar Park is really nice. I'm just up the road in Leander. AGR at Camp Mabry.
Howdy Dammit
AG
wargograw said:

I'm a dad and I'll smoke a cigar with ya. I'm in Manor.

Not a dad. But I'll smoke a cigar too
BQ08
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

BQ08 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Been stationed here a couple times. But I'm leaving HHBN, III Corps. I will also be playing weekend warrior out of reserve unit in San Antonio while attending grad school!

Give a shout out when you're moved down- more than happy to lighten your load of beer, whiskey and cigars! I've also got two kids, aged 8 and 10.
SteveBott
AG
Classic Texags hook ups.
MarathonAg12
Shanerbock06 said:

I live in the Cat Hollow neighborhood of BCMUD. Great area, especially with little ones! Let me know when you get here and we can have glass of whisky and cigar to welcome you to the area - Easy to fine on social media - Shane Danner

We are living in Cat Hollow as well. Pretty close to the HEB and around the corner from the Disk Golf course and park. My name is Santiago. No affiliation with Santiago's Tex-Mex.although we tested the margs already and approve.
Mookie
AG
I'm up O'Connor in Oak Brook, just before avery. I'm down for beers whenever.
Mookie
AG
Oh and the area is great. No complaints been here for the better part of 15 years.
Aggiejue
AG
BQ08 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

BQ08 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Give a shout out when you're moved down- more than happy to lighten your load of beer, whiskey and cigars! I've also got two kids, aged 8 and 10.

Howdy Siena neighbor and apologies for high jacking this post. We relocated from Helotes last week after closing on our home on Angelo Loop. Email in profile if you would like to reach out.
Aggiejue
AgBass01
AG
Great area, I'm just across brushy creek in Great Oaks.
johnson2012
AG
X2 what others said.

Great area for kids and especially great if you like to run or mountain bike without having to drive somewhere. I'm in Oak Creek behind the hospital just a hair east from the others above.

Ps - If anyone works from home and likes to run during lunch HMU. I could use some accountability now that it's getting hot (and it's more fun to suffer in a group)
MarathonAg12
johnson2012 said:

X2 what others said.

Great area for kids and especially great if you like to run or mountain bike without having to drive somewhere. I'm in Oak Creek behind the hospital just a hair east from the others above.

Ps - If anyone works from home and likes to run during lunch HMU. I could use some accountability now that it's getting hot (and it's more fun to suffer in a group)

I'll be stay at home dad, grad school online and Army Reserve.

Once I move in, I'll hit you up as I'm training up for the Houston Marathon
BQ08
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

johnson2012 said:

X2 what others said.

I'll be stay at home dad, grad school online and Army Reserve.

Once I move in, I'll hit you up as I'm training up for the Houston Marathon
Dude living the dream.
MarathonAg12
Thanks for all the replies gents.

Once I get settled in, I'll have everyone over for some cigars and drinks. Let's shoot for the Alabama game in October. I'll keep in touch.
Shanerbock06
AG

Quote:

X2 what others said.

I work from home - but not a big runner. If you want to mountain bike instead, then we can talk!
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im down to hang out as long as we talk about something other than Johnny Manziel.

Welcome.
ReloadAg
AG
I'm in the same boat. I LOVE mountain biking and there are some great trails in Brushy Creek Park and off of Parmer and 1431 intersection.

I'm a bit south of y'all near Anderson Mill and 183 but would be down for some drinks some time too.
johnson2012
AG
I'm down to mtb also. I like all the brushy area stuff. My go to lunch route is to roll from the house, do a lap on suburban ninja, then ride back home. When I have one planned ahead of time I'll post a new thread on here to see if anyone can join.

OP, sorry for the derail. I'm down for some runs once your moved and settled in.
tlepoC
AG
Texags suburban ninja and post-ride beer meetup sounds like it should be a semi routine thing

Or a walnut lap and aviator pizza/beer
discobrob
AG
Another Round Rock Ag here. There are lots of us!
MarathonAg12
johnson2012 said:

I'm down to mtb also. I like all the brushy area stuff. My go to lunch route is to roll from the house, do a lap on suburban ninja, then ride back home. When I have one planned ahead of time I'll post a new thread on here to see if anyone can join.

OP, sorry for the derail. I'm down for some runs once your moved and settled in.

That sounds awesome. Maybe we can form a brew crew. If the t-shirt is cool enough people will come.

We could alternate Wednesdays by having a Pub Run on one night and do Bikes and Brews the next week.
Aggieangler93
AG
Also in the BC Mud. I am down for beers, but not running or biking. Will readily agree that working from home sucks in boredom!
scott1481
AG
Live in Walsh Trails right off Brushy Creek. Great area with lots of families and good neighbors.

Got two kids, love beer and football any day.
Ferg
A couple of HUGE parks. Old Settlers Park(front entrance is next to Dell Diamond, back one is on Old Settlers Road) and the County has a huge park(Southwest Williamson County Regional Park) off of Sam Bass north of 1431.
The Dirty Sock
scott1481 said:

Live in Walsh Trails right off Brushy Creek. Great area with lots of families and good neighbors.

Got two kids, love beer and football any day.

I remember looking at that builder in 2011-2012 thinking "woah, 240-260 to build? That's too expensive." Then we ended up buying on Avery ranch for 208. Could have made a better killing in Walsh but oh well. No regrats.
scott1481
AG
scott1481
AG
Thought I bought high about 4 years ago, then boom! Glad we bought when we did.
Agthatbuilds
I live near rr high school. Ill smoke a cigar with you. Pipe world is just around the corner. Great cigar collection.
Tomdoss92
AG
Welcome to the area! We're in Vista Oaks Sam Bass/1431. Been here 8 years. House price has doubled, a good deal of that in the last year. Glad I'm not buying right now, ouch!
MarathonAg12
I'm here! We just moved in Saturday. Not to bad. Loving the area so far. Sure beats the hell outta Fort Hood/Killeen!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.