Austin
Sponsored by

Junior Aero Student Summer Internship

735 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Hobbes01
Weekster7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy ags,

I'm a junior Aerospace Engineering major from Austin (Both my parents were aggies, don't worry). This year I've struggled with my career search and finding an internship. My primary focus has been on both technical and program/project management roles in the aerospace industry, although I'm willing to work anywhere that I can progress my skills and knowledge.

I'm aware it is very late in most firms recruiting cycles and that this is a shot in the dark, but if any ags out there knows someone with a need for an extra set of motivated hands, I would be more than happy to bust my ass for them this summer. I couldn't care less about pay and primarily want to get experience in a professional environment.

Here's a little about myself. On campus I'm involved with multiple orgs, including SAE AERO Design, the Aggie Men's Rugby team and the greek honor society. I'm very proficient with Excel and have experience using Solidworks and coding in Python. Career wise I have always had a passion for all things aviation with an interest in project management, and in my free time I'm either watching Aggie sports or out on the campus links. Even if you can't help I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to read this and if you can help, please shoot me a private message and I'll send you my phone number!

Thanks & Gig'em

fishjones79
AG
Have you tried Spacex? Musk is hiring just about every engineer he can find...you might have to work in Boca Chica but that could be a very unique opportunity.
Hobbes01
AG
2 other options in the Austin area that I know about:

1) Firefly Aerospace
When SpaceX decided to focus on heavy lifting rockets, Firefly came in and is going after the light and medium lifting rockets. They are in Cedar Park and also have land out in Beltram where they do their testing.

2) Acutronic USA
Small company in Pflugerville focused on actuation systems and small jet engines for UAVs. Established company but the aerospace division is only 2 years old. They may be set on interns for the summer, or possibly didn't even try to interview due to Covid and would love for an intern to fall into their laps!

Best of luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.